Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• catwoman73
    Options
    I bought one from Tesco Edgbaston yesterday. I'd already looked in another Tesco in another part of Brum but they didn't have any but they had the '£15 off all phones above £50 with no groceries spend required' offer on.

At the Edgbaston Tesco, they had what I think is the old signage, £15 off when you spend £30, and all the phones above £50 except the G300 had this shown on a yellow price label. The Huawei was priced at £80. They had about 5 cards for this phone in the rack, so apparently reasonable stock?

I took the phone to the checkout with just above £30 of catfood to be safe (5 cats so it doesn't last that long and there were a couple of good offers on), expecting the total to come to just over £95 but it came to £110, so the £15 hadnt been taken off. I queried this saying I had read about the phone being £65 on the internet, and was moved to the customer service counter, .

Couple of SAs spent about 10 mins searching through the till options and checked all the signage and agreed that it should be £65 and eventually found a workaround to sell it at this price.

Last minute period of worry as they couldn't find the phone in the cupboard at the back of the customer service counter, but eventually found it so mission accomplished!

Was locked to Voda so have bought an unlock code from ebay, from a seller recommended in one of the threads on here so now need to transfer everything over from my old phone.
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    OK, so I've bought this from isme ... I want to keep my old number from O2 if that's possible. I'm currently on a simplicity iPhone contract with them and can have an upgrade so a little bit of cash back to cover the price of this.

So, I can buy an unlock code from ebay?
    What size SIM does it take?
    Guess I'll need a new SIM from O2?
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes

Standard sim

If you have a micro sim you can buy a sim adapter from someone like Maplins about £3 I think
    It's not just about the money
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    Yes

Standard sim

If you have a micro sim you can buy a sim adapter from someone like Maplins about £3 I think

I've read somewhere that a rather cheekier (and cheaper!) way of getting a micro SIM adapter is to order a free GiffGaff sim - you get one included, apparently. ;)
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've read somewhere that a rather cheekier (and cheaper!) way of getting a micro SIM adapter is to order a free GiffGaff sim - you get one included, apparently. ;)
    Yes a few do it like that ...O2 even http://freesim.o2.co.uk/freesim/?campaign=1030

Trouble is means waiting for the post rather than walking into a shop ...most people can't wait when they get a new phone though :rotfl:
  • LuSiVe
    Options
    Ah, I might have one of them lying around somewhere :)
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    LuSiVe wrote: »
    Ah, I might have one of them lying around somewhere :)

Good luck finding it - I had one delivered a few weeks ago from eBay (99p delivered), put it in a safe place..........and have been looking for it ever since :o Needle in a haystack comes to mind...:eek:
  • LuSiVe
    Options
    Yeah, I'll send for a new one and see whether I find the existing one first ;)
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2012 at 1:32PM
    Options
    catwoman73 wrote: »
    The Huawei was priced at £80. They had about 5 cards for this phone in the rack,
    I think our Tesco Extra may as well be a different company altogether. I took another look there this morning; no new signage, no 'cards' (are these the barcodes that Millicent Bystander spoke of?), no stock and the price is still £100 (as it's always been AFAIK).
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I think our Tesco Extra may as well be a different company altogether. I took another look there this morning; no new signage, no 'cards' (are these the barcodes that Millicent Bystander spoke of?), no stock and the price is still £100 (as it's always been AFAIK).
    It's down to each stores staff what they put out.

The cards are where they don't have a phone shop and you take the card to customer services ...the problem is they have cards out even when they don't have stock.

We picked one up last night from one out of the area ...no signage at all regarding the price drop to £80 and was priced at £100.
    It still scanned @ £80 and when I explained about the £65 with no minimum spend they asked the manager who didn't know either...however when I asked them to check with head office they found an email regarding it with instructions that hadn't been actioned ....it also seems that the signage had been attended to by the same person.

Funny thing was I purchased some potatoes and kitchen rolls before I picked it up and got a £7 off £50 till spit which along with other vouchers made it £34.50 :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport