Options

Comments

• Paulee
    Paulee Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    Why couldn't you buy it at £65 ?

I think the £15 off is on till the weekend

I spent 20 mins with the phone guy, CS AND a manager at the Shrewsbury store and they were adamant that it was £80 reduced from £100. I even got the manager to log on to MSE and read this thread, but a definite NO JOY!!!

It has been suggested that there may be different types of Tesco store, I'm not sure but I'd made a special journey, having checked it on by phoning the central CS number and I wasn't at all impressed - they hadn't got clue what was going on and this is probably the biggest Tesco store in Shropshire.:mad:
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Paulee wrote: »
    they hadn't got clue what was going on and this is probably the biggest Tesco store in Shropshire.:mad:
    Thats a shame ...If you phone up and theys still have it I can give them a couple of stores that do know whats going on and they could check with them ;)

The offer I think ends this weekend though
    It's not just about the money
  • Paulee
    Paulee Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    Thats a shame ...If you phone up and theys still have it I can give them a couple of stores that do know whats going on and they could check with them ;)

The offer I think ends this weekend though

Thanks very much but I've bought the phone from isme and it's due for delivery tomorrow. It came with £30 discount and did end up a little more expensive than the Tesco £65 offer, but I am due some cashback from TCB which will help. Cheers, Paul.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Yes, I do wonder whether it's worth b*ggering about with Tesco and their cr*p systems when, if you are happy to have a credit search done, it can be had for a net £67 delivered from Isme. I will re-iterate, speaking as someone who sold a HTC One S and replaced it with this phone, at its rrp of £100 it's a steal. Anything less than that is a no-brainer.
  • lolalilly
    lolalilly Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 15 September 2012 at 11:45AM
    Options
    Hi can anyone tell me at which tesco stores you are getting this deal Huawei ascend g300 at £65 from ie:metro,superstore etc... as i've been to my local store which has a phone shop where they have this offer but don't have any stock (how convenient)so i checked other stores near by and have found them with stock but they are charging £80 and even if i tell them about the offer they say its not on in there store so won't let me have the phone for £65.
    Customer service is no help just keep passing me to different stores that don't have a clue about the deal!
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    lolalilly wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me at which tesco stores you are getting this deal!

Both stores that I got them from were Extra stores ...why don't you get the store that has stock to ring the store that has the offer .....the one that has the offer could always ask for a stock transfer if the stock store doen't wish to sell it to you at the price
  • lolalilly
    lolalilly Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 15 September 2012 at 12:08PM
    Options
    I did ask one of the stores that had stock if they could do that but they said they don't do store to store transfers.
    The offer of £15 off with no other spend finishes on the 16/9 so will prob go back to spend £30 in store and get £15 off the phone.
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I did ask one of the stores that had stock if they could do that but they said they don't do store to store transfers.
    The offer of £15 off with no other spend finishes on the 16/9 so will prob go back to spend £30 in store and get £15 off the phone.
    Meanwhile the phone will have been sold :rotfl:

Perhaps speak to the manager of the store get them to confirm the deal with the store that knows about the offer or maybe explain why stock transfer is unavailable when other store do it.
  • lolalilly
    Options
    I did have an idea of how to get the phone for the £65.
    I would buy the phone at £80 from the store that has it then take to the store that has the offer,get a refund of £80 and then purchase it again at £65.A bit risky i know but do you think they would do it?Not really sure about returns of phones as i haven't had to do it before.
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I did have an idea of how to get the phone for the £65.
    I would buy the phone at £80 from the store that has it then take to the store that has the offer,get a refund of £80 and then purchase it again at £65.A bit risky i know but do you think they would do it?Not really sure about returns of phones as i haven't had to do it before.
    Don't know ???
    As a last resort maybe ...I'd try it throught he manager first and only resort to that if all else fails

To be honest it's still a good price at £80 so wouldn't be the end of the world.

Maybe a swift email after purchase to Tesco will result in a refund later ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport