Nokia lumia VS Samsung Galaxy S3? - Please Compare them...

Options

Comments

• thegoodman
    thegoodman Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 July 2012 at 10:06PM
    Options
    23n1th wrote: »
    Wrong moron.
    What's wrong?

There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer. When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level. Stuff that will make them scream, cry, and howl in pain and anger!"
    He now works for Android team, writing error messages
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874 Forumite
    edited 4 July 2012 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Yes or unoffical ROM.
    How does that count as getting support and upgrades then? Normal people who can't/won't install an unofficial ROM are being left behind are they not?
    What brand new handsets are running obsolete versions of android?
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ace_2_i8160-4559.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-4369.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g300-4594.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_razr_maxx-4666.php
    There is a difference as you know between what m$ have done and what google do.
    What's the difference and why should it matter? The outcomes the same.
  • 23n1th
    23n1th Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    How does that count as getting support and upgrades then?

Because the android community supports it and an upgrade is an upgrade.
    Normal people who can't/won't install an unofficial ROM are being left behind are they not?

Not my problem, I wont buy a smartphone that wont run the lastest software during my contract period.

http://recombu.com/news/samsung-galaxy-ace-2-getting-ice-cream-sandwich-upgrade_M17812.html
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sony-Xperia-S-Receiving-Android-4-0-ICS-in-Late-May-Early-June-269348.shtml
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-Droid-RAZR-RAZR-MAXX-getting-ICS-update-today-will-make-them-first-Verizon-LTE-phones-with-global-roaming_id31520

ICS coming to Huawei Ascend G300 as well but no definite date.

The difference is win 7 mob is its orphaned as I've already stated and repeated many times.

All current win mob users are getting is visual enhancements and some app updates - the ones that are being cut off from Windows 8. Theres no app compatibility, any apps built specifically for Windows Phone 8 won't run on 7.8 devices.

If you're happy with that cool, buy a current win mob, its not for me.
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 59,413 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All current win mob users are getting is visual enhancements and some app updates - the ones that are being cut off from Windows 8. Theres no app compatibility, any apps built specifically for Windows Phone 8 won't run on 7.8 devices.

Sorry, but I really don't see how that's much different to many Android phones not getting ICS (and I'm a happy Android user).
    There's love in this world for everyone. Every rascal and son of a gun.
    It's for the many and not the few. Be sure it's out there looking for you.
    In every town, in every state. In every house and every gate.
    Wth every precious smile you make. And every act of kindness.
    Micheal Marra, 1952 - 2012
  • 23n1th
    Options
    Fifer wrote: »
    Sorry, but I really don't see how that's much different to many Android phones not getting ICS (and I'm a happy Android user).

I don't see the point in investing money is a system that is obsolete if you happy doing that thats your prerogative. For me they are a waste of money and I would wait for Win 8, which is the real deal.
  • buscape
    Options
    Shouldn't Google be the ones supporting their operating system?
    Not my problem, I wont buy a smartphone that wont run the lastest software during my contract period.
    You can't bring yourself to criticise Google for not upgrading handsets can you?

ICS coming to Huawei Ascend G300 as well but no definite date.

The difference is win 7 mob is its orphaned as I've already stated and repeated many times.

How many of the above phones will get Jelly Bean do you think?

Have a look at the links I've posted earlier on on the thread, the only apps that need to be WP8 specific are the ones which require native code.
  • buscape
    Options
    I don't see the point in investing money is a system that is obsolete if you happy doing that thats your prerogative. For me they are a waste of money and I would wait for Win 8, which is the real deal.
    Again, by your definition, the majority of Android devices are also obsolete and yet that doesn't seem to stop people 'investing money in a system that is obsolete' does it?
  • 23n1th
    Options
    Shouldn't Google be the ones supporting their operating system?

Google do support their operating system. What are you talking about?
    You can't bring yourself to criticise Google for not upgrading handsets can you?

Google don't upgrade handsets other than the ones they directly support. Other handset manufacturers are to blame for not upgrading their own handsets.
    How many of the above phones will get Jelly Bean do you think?

I don't know Jelly Beans not been released yet.
    Have a look at the links I've posted earlier on on the thread, the only apps that need to be WP8 specific are the ones which require native code.

Theres no incentive to go out today and buy a win mob.
  • 23n1th
    Options
    Again, by your definition, the majority of Android devices are also obsolete and yet that doesn't seem to stop people 'investing money in a system that is obsolete' does it?

Theres a difference between older versions of android and an orphaned OS like win mob 7.
  • buscape
    edited 4 July 2012 at 11:06PM
    Options
    Google do support their operating system. What are you talking about?
    You said:
    23n1th wrote:
    My point was the community shouldn't have to provide unofficial ROMs so that people can get an upgrade, Google should do it for all phones.

Google don't upgrade handsets other than the ones they directly support. Other handset manufacturers are to blame for not upgrading their own handsets.
    Someone needs to give them a kick up the !!!! then. Microsoft manage to get their phones updated, every Windows Phone from all manufacturers are on 7.5 including the original batch from 2010. The iPhone 3GS from 2009 is on the latest iOS 5 (although Apple have less phones to support so it's easier admittedly). Which non Nexus Android phone from 2010 is on ICS officially?
    The number of WP8 specific apps will likely be quite small until WP8 overtakes WP7.8 in terms of sales/installed base.
    Theres no incentive to go out today and buy a win mob.
    Not for you there isn't, not everyone has the same expectation as you though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure