Nokia lumia VS Samsung Galaxy S3? - Please Compare them...

Options

Comments

• banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    23n1th wrote: »
    Did you read the update?

ho yes thats why "will it ever happen no"
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• 23n1th
    23n1th Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    The incentive I need to buy a phone is that it does what I want it to do at a price I'm happy to pay, simple as that. If everyone had the same expectations as you, Android would never have taken off. Most of them are still on 2.3 from 19 months ago are they not? You surely can't consider that to be acceptable if you value updates as much as it seems you do.

I don't hold specific statistics for all android phones to be able to comment, maybe you could provide some links about most android phones being on 2.3.

My expectations are met by my current phone why would I not want them met by my next phone. I don't choose smartphone with no ability to upgrade the software.
    They won't, but by that time WP8 will be bigger I would imagine.

Exactly. If I were a developer I wouldn't bother with developing for anything else.
    Depends on your point of view. If you like the interface and the design of a phone then you'll buy it and what upgrades you might aren't going to bother you. If all you're interested in is having the latest, you'll either wait for WP8 or buy something else.

As I've said above, the UI of Windows Phone will be what sells it rather than what updates it might get.

Glad you know the future, whats next weeks lottery numbers?

You sound like chester saying the hardware doesn't matter just the software. Now its just the interface and look over the software available and support for your device after purchase.
    Better off in what sense? WP7.8 will bring the start screen, which is what most people will care about so visually at least, it will be identical to WP8. The under-the-hood benefits you get from WP8 won't be appreciated by the majority of people so I doubt they will be feeling as though they're worse off.

Glad you know what most people want and appreciate. As suferfical as you paint most people I think it will be safe to assume by those standards people will want the latest and greatest. Current win phones aren't.
  • Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 59,413 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is WP7 technically obsolete or orphaned (given that an update to 7.x is imminent), or is it a branch?
    There's love in this world for everyone. Every rascal and son of a gun.
    It's for the many and not the few. Be sure it's out there looking for you.
    In every town, in every state. In every house and every gate.
    Wth every precious smile you make. And every act of kindness.
    Micheal Marra, 1952 - 2012
  • 23n1th
    23n1th Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    Options
    Fifer wrote: »
    Is WP7 technically obsolete or orphaned (given that an update to 7.x is imminent), or is it a branch?

According to microsoft themselves windows phone 7 is doomed by design.

I'd say obsolete because its been orphaned, its certainly not a branch.
  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    Options
    Aside from anything else, Windows Phone, as an OS, is just crap to use imho. And the numbers they've sold speaks for itself - even Bada outsells WP.

Got rid of my Lumia 710 - I don't think it was worth £100. Nokia's last chance in the market seems to have failed and they are a dying company.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874 Forumite
    Options
    23n1th wrote: »
    I don't hold specific statistics for all android phones to be able to comment, maybe you could provide some links about most android phones being on 2.3.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/android_40_user_base_increases_to_109_percent-news-4469.php
    http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
    Dreamine wrote:
    Nokia's last chance in the market seems to have failed and they are a dying company.
    Explain.
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874 Forumite
    Options
    Think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one to be honest.

Do you think it's right that only 11% (give or take) of Android users are on ICS?
  • thegoodman
    thegoodman Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    I don't even know why others are answering to 23n1st.
    This person is an android fanboy.
    The 23n1st point is its wrong for windows Phone not to update the os but at the same time it's ok for Google and others not to release the update for android phones. If you read other posts by this person you will find that anyone who is not pro android is bad and started calling names. How sad do you need to be to do that?
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    Think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one to be honest.

Do you think it's right that only 11% (give or take) of Android users are on ICS?

Probably less. And, of course, Jelly Bean has been announced too.

But as I said, read the press about Windows 7.x and decide if the current offering is better than the Android alternative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure