Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IMHO, full functionality won't be available again until mid week. When people are able to do so, they should check what has definitely cleared, before paying another bill or withdrawing cash. I suspect that things are going to be a bit messy for a few weeks.

RBS are not going to waive all relevant charges and interest for all account holders for the period. They will be losing enough money as it is, without letting off people that would have had to pay charges/interest anyway. This is why you are not getting a clear message from the RBS spokesperson. I suspect people are going to have to visit branches and phone helplines, with each case dealt with on its own merits.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • chinwoman
    chinwoman Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well we received a payment into RBS yesterday went out and used the card with no problems yesterday . Today at 11am my money was still there and at 1pm my payment I had in yesterday was gone and suddenly showing £179 over drawn .

Phoned RBS they state no branches open and nothing they can do until this 'glich' is resolved

Now left with no money and no food
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    huckster wrote: »
    IMHO, full functionality won't be available again until mid week. When people are able to do so, they should check what has definitely cleared, before paying another bill or withdrawing cash. I suspect that things are going to be a bit messy for a few weeks.

RBS are not going to waive all relevant charges and interest for all account holders for the period.
    They will be losing enough money as it is, without letting off people that would have had to pay charges/interest anyway. This is why you are not getting a clear message from the RBS spokesperson. I suspect people are going to have to visit branches and phone helplines, with each case dealt with on its own merits.

Ulster Bank say different...
    Will I be charged if my account is out of order?

If you've experienced any charges or loss of interest as a result of this incident please contact us in the first instance and we will refund you fully.

Plus,considering they are using paper transactions in the branches,I reckon it'll be a good few days,if not a couple of weeks,before any money withdrawn or paid in over the counter is debited or credited to your accounts.
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    huckster wrote: »

RBS are not going to waive all relevant charges and interest for all account holders for the period. They will be losing enough money as it is, without letting off people that would have had to pay charges/interest anyway. This is why you are not getting a clear message from the RBS spokesperson. I suspect people are going to have to visit branches and phone helplines, with each case dealt with on its own merits.

We have been briefed to refund all bank charges in the light of this incident. As you can imagine any charges prior to this happening would still stand.

They have to put customers back into the position they were in before the problem.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • huckster
    Options
    If you read what I said again, you will see that it is pretty much the same as what Ulster bank have said. They will refund people that have been affected by the incident, so those that have not been affected will not be. i.e each case on its merits.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Attackthebanks
    Options
    chinwoman wrote: »
    Well we received a payment into RBS yesterday went out and used the card with no problems yesterday . Today at 11am my money was still there and at 1pm my payment I had in yesterday was gone and suddenly showing £179 over drawn .

Phoned RBS they state no branches open and nothing they can do until this 'glich' is resolved

+1 Same as above!
  • chinwoman
    chinwoman Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    chinwoman wrote: »

I should have added the £166 I was in credit has vanished
  • huckster
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    We have been briefed to refund all bank charges in the light of this incident. As you can imagine any charges prior to this happening would still stand.

They have to put customers back into the position they were in before the problem.

So if someone was overdrawn anyway and they cannot prove any money would have been paid in during the incident, you will still waive the charges that relate purely to the incident period. You will be wiping ALL charges for everyone for the incident period ?
  • scattykat
    scattykat Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Ulster Bank say different...

Plus,considering they are using paper transactions in the branches,I reckon it'll be a good few days,if not a couple of weeks,before any money withdrawn or paid in over the counter is debited or credited to your accounts.

I got £140 from the counter Fri morning. Friday afternoon it was manually debited from my account leaving me in minus pounds. Luckily wages went in last night to cover it but they took it back same day once there systems were back up
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    They have possibly restricted the service to prevent the thousands of customers trying to make transfers etc all at the same which may possibly make the system fall over or something with the impact of the amount of transactions etc going on patience is all that is required.

If that is the case, I hope they make sure the system is robust because there'll be a hell of a lot of people flooding the system with payments/transfers when they do decide to turn the functionality back on.

Personally, I suspect the system to handle transfers is still broken.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure