Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    Don't RBSG take a dim view of their staff posting as such on forums like this? There has been a lot of speculation on this thread from NatWest/RBS staff members, surely they might have something to say about them putting their two-penneth in about what is shaping up to be an absolute PR disaster for them?

I bet they do, there should be more anonymous whistleblowers in my opinion whether banks take a dim view of posting on forums or not. If it's the truth they should have nothing to hide.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    stclair wrote: »

Yeah, had seen that, but that is anything but official, or confirmed. (no offense to the poster)
  • Tommaso46
    Tommaso46 Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    julesds wrote: »
    Not been able to access since yesterday morning, still no joy - now about to walk into to town to go to branch

Didn't realise how dependent I was on internet banking until now!

Q. Can we go to ANY branch or does it have to be the one where our Natwest account was originally registered? I opened mine 20 years ago and have moved house several times since. It would take me ages if I had to go to the original branch where my account is still based.
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tommaso46 wrote: »
    Q. Can we go to ANY branch or does it have to be the one where our Natwest account was originally registered? I opened mine 20 years ago and have moved house several times since. It would take me ages if I had to go to the original branch where my account is still based.

You can use any branch...
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    Tommaso46 wrote: »

Any branch will be able to help, assuming its one that's open today!
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    Don't RBSG take a dim view of their staff posting as such on forums like this? There has been a lot of speculation on this thread from NatWest/RBS staff members, surely they might have something to say about them putting their two-penneth in about what is shaping up to be an absolute PR disaster for them?

Possibly but I feel I can justify what I post as trying to be helpful to the customers of the bank.

I'm careful not to post anything that isn't publicly available or internal only information, so don't think I'm breaking any rules.
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 June 2012 at 12:22PM
    Options
    ^^ Have you signed anything to say you can't post on open forums?

We have but it says to be careful what you say because you could be seen to be speaking for the company.
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "I've got a couple of friends who work for Natwest IT. Feeling sorry for them right now. However, they've told me what happened. Some idiot applied an untested update to their clearing system that corrupted a load of data"

Some idiot, should read an ex-employee of RBS. Due to the extent and cost of resolving this, I would think it would be difficult for them to keep their job. No doubt there will be disciplinary procedures already in train to deal with this.

If say 500,000 people had suffered financially due to this mistake, at an average cost of say £50, that would be a sum of £25m. Then there is the cost of keeping the branches and call centres open longer, plus all the extra IT work. So as a very very conservative amount for this error, it will probably cost RBS a minimum of say £50m.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wonder if that someone will be from 'high up'
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • verityboo
    verityboo Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    Options
    I find it unbelieveable that there is no info on the Natwest site for people affected by not receiving their salary which is being paid from Natwest Bank or how to claim if you are affected in this way, all the info relates to people with Natwest account. I could of course ring their premium rate phone number and they could make some money out of me complaining.
    The fact that they are still showing their 'Helpful Banking' adverts shows what a bunch of idiots are running the company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure