Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• Tommaso46
    Tommaso46 Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    Can you call them? The RBS spokeswoman I have seen several times on the telly said people should call, or go to a Branch.

If you call, you'll be paying a premium rate - and given the size of the problem, I expect you'd have to stay on the line for a long time.

You'd think the least that Natwest could have done would have been to set up a Freephone 0800 number.

Is anyone from Natwest reading this?
  • misscljones1989
    Options
    There is an 0800 number, accordng to people posting on Natwests question bank its - 0800 015 4212 .. For personal bnkin customers.. Hope this helps some one! :)
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tommaso46 wrote: »
    Is anyone from Natwest reading this?

I would be surprised if they aren't monitoring websites like this. Whether they would care to comment is another matter.
  • newfoundglory
    newfoundglory Posts: 1,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 June 2012 at 11:03AM
    Options
    Natwest have got themselves into a complete mess with this... if there is a backlog of hundreds of millions of transactions which need to be applied to accounts I wonder how many days it will take them to "catch up"; as each day goes by more and more transactions will be added to that backlog... maybe they won't have got there by Monday after all... and in fact Natwest accounts might have transactions and balances which are always a few days out of date for a couple more days
  • misscljones1989
    Options
    And i also agree hat this is not fixed.. When interviewed on Sky news yeaterday the woman said they believe the prblem is fixed but will have to wait to see what happens over night before they can be sure and as people do receive ther money on saturdays and over night have not done, tht leads me to think its not as 'fixed' as they like to think it is, think they need to start being honest, the only info we get is from the media, customers should be their priority... th fromt line staff re fab in natwest at the moment! Natwest need to Thank them! They are tho only ones who seem to be honest and helpful and really i doubt hey have a clue!
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd planned on having my car MOT'd today as money due in Monday usually clears on Saturdays. That's not happening now but have a few days grace next week to get it done.
    I luckily can do without my car if I can't get it MOT'd but I feel for those whose cars are their lifelines and can't put fuel in.

In addition I've yet to find a branch near me which is open the extended hours this weekend!

If you have proof you are due credits in, are they letting people withdraw or is it discretionary or internal score dependant or can you just request what's due to you?

OH had to show proof of what was going in and some ID as their card scanners weren't working. They offered him £50 but when he insisted on the full amount they agreed and paid up no probs. We had some payments out last week and I had transferred money from savings to cover them. All the payments including the payments in and out all now show as "pending" online. Spoke to the mort company who say the same-payment shows as pending-no arrears or extra interest showing on their system as yet and they have been told it "should" all unwind itself correctly next week. We will see.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• misscljones1989
    Options
    Ok, what do i do? Its not desperate quite yet but wont be long till it is if this isnt sorted!! problem is im not with natwest just waiting for money form them! I doubt lloyds are going to be happy to give out money as natwest currently are! This is really worrying me now as my partners wages and my soliciter money are both coming from natwest, so at current we have not received any of the money we should have had, Natwest cant do anything as i dont bank with them!
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Message updated Saturday 23 June 2012, 09:00

**NEW**
    We have identified the technical issue that has resulted in account balances not being up to date. We are now working to clear the backlog of payments and to restore services fully on Anytime Banking. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience.
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Think a little perspective needs to be put on this. Yes it is inconvenient, but when you see the financial problems elsewhere in the world e.g Greece, it pales into insignificance.

There is no way that this will all be resolved, even before the end of next week. As has been pointed out, there are many millions of transactions that need to be sorted out. So no point getting into a lather about it.

Next week will be interesting, if people who rely on cars to get to work, cannot afford to pay for petrol. They might have to walk a few miles and use a bus or train. End of the world to some people! Expect some of these, to phone their employers saying that they cannot come to work due to RBS's 'technical glitch'.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    you can ring telephone banking on 0151 733 5791 it takes ages though
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport