Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• susieh_2
    susieh_2 Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    I have had no problems logging in to the on-line banking worldtraveller - 1st at 8.00 am this morning and just tried again now - it's just the balances that look really sad
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Robbie64 wrote: »
    From reading some of the posts in this thread, updates are happening at random times and some posters have had credits showing at 6pm and later.

Yes, anyone expecting credits should check again later in the day. I'm not sure how the systems will be functioning over the weeked, but over the last few days, most of the new activity on my account has been appearing around teatime.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I get this message when I login to my online account - after that I can access my account without any problem:

generated_52C1E79C3D959962B99EF9C2DDBF26EE1C07DEE2-1-LI1-BTHA.gif

Important Information for our customers - message timed at 07:45

**NEW**
    We are still experiencing technical issues with our service which means account balances may not have updated correctly overnight. We would like to apologise to everyone who is affected by this.

To help our customers, we will have over 900 of our branches extend opening hours on Saturday 23rd June to 6pm. These branches will also be open on Sunday 24th June from 9am to 12pm.

Staff in our branches will be ready and available to answer any customer questions and help with emergency needs.

We appreciate that this has caused an unacceptable level of inconvenience, and we are working around the clock to fix this.
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've not been able to access NatWest online banking since around 7.30 this morning. Tried both Firefox & IE. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Just tried it, I can log in and see the mini balances but that is all, I cannot look at statements or do anything else.

It does not affect me much ATM but I can quite understand why some people are having problems, online banking with Natwest is basically useless ATM and has been for several days. :(

These days our lives are dominated by computers and this sort of illustrates the kind of problems our reliance on them will bring in the future only it will be much worse than this! :(
  • paul_h
    Options
    The only thing I can't do at the moment is make payments/transfers.
  • loupoppins
    loupoppins Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for bday wishes.
    Really I am fortunate, I have enough food in for at least 3 days (even with 6DC!!) and nothing essential we cant live without paying for a couple of days. I do REALLY feel for those in much worse situations though. If it had been next week , both mine and DH salary go in on Thursday, then all dds start coming out we would have totally stranded and in big trouble (Im being hopeful here that all we fixed by next Thursday...wishful thinking maybe!)
    I have actually since remembered that DH has another bank acc with halifax that we only use to set money aside for saving up for big things...had no money in, but did mean that my parents were able to transfer some money into it for us so we do at least have access to some money should we need it.... feels a bit ridiculous thought aged 39 relying on loans from your parents!! It has however made me think I will open another bank acc with a diff bank and try to have a little bit of money sitting there just in case....or maybe just go back to keeping all my money under the matress!!
  • susieh_2
    susieh_2 Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Right off to join the queues - luckily ok for food and everything else but need petrol and some school trip money for son -does anyone know what we need to take - ie how many past wage slips - if at all or anything else??

Cheers x x
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lolavix wrote: »
    Have you read any of this thread or watched the news? You can cash up to £300 at a branch, would that not cover your plans?

This doesn't help everyone though. My local branch isn't open and I can't physically walk to the main city centre branch to ask for money either.

I'm just hoping it really is sorted by Monday as I have a hospital appointment first thing otherwise I will be ringing family up in a desperate plea to cadge a lift.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ikkle87 wrote: »
    This doesn't help everyone though. My local branch isn't open and I can't physically walk to the main city centre branch to ask for money either.

I'm just hoping it really is sorted by Monday as I have a hospital appointment first thing otherwise I will be ringing family up in a desperate plea to cadge a lift.

Can you call them? The RBS spokeswoman I have seen several times on the telly said people should call, or go to a Branch.
  • paul_h
    Options
    I've just seen the RBS woman on telly again, she says that the problem they had is now fixed and they are now working through the backlog.

It's not fixed, I still can't make fast payments, or any other kind of transfer. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure