🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Trial beauty kit costs £57.95

Options

Comments

• KB1_2
    KB1_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2012 at 6:26PM
    Options
    They don't want you to send it back for a refund claim, so make returns difficult and expensive. 100% guaranteed posted in the UK and delivered by DPD, possibly they use others. The distributor is UK based so the return must be within the UK not Israel. No customs documents as it was not posted overseas. Looking at other sites they appear to have tricked 1000's so must owe the revenue a lot of money. I have been ripped off like others, in my case I was on the ASDA price comparison site and the scammers had linked the product to ASDA price comparison site. It was an ASDA offer or appeared to be.

NOTE. No address of sender but was posted with DPD WITHIN THE UK, only the address to be delivered attached.

100% scam as any honest company causing interpretation/understanding problems with their offer would quickly identify the T&C's are causing issues and amend without delay after so many complaints. Its not an isolated case and is designed to scam and known to produce excellent results affecting thousands of consumers. This will continue to fill scammers pockets with hard earned money until they are prosecuted and closed down.
  • KB1_2
    edited 10 October 2012 at 3:50PM
    Options
    Been doing some research. The Director of DS Marketing has a Companies house registered address in the Netherlands and although there is no return address on the package posted in the UK I have traced the source of posting.

As the package was posted in the UK I see no problem returning it to sender £7.55 next day delivery or the Director for about £10 instead of paying £65+ back to Israel.
    If anyone wants this information FREE leave a message I am happy to post.

Keep complaining to trading standards 08454040506 option 3
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    Best advice to anyone caught out by these companies is to talk to your card provider.
    They know exactly how to deal with these co's as this has been going on for at least 3 years....:mad:
    steve1500 wrote: »
    The moment you make a complaint to the bank thay will refund the 57.95 then investigate which takes about 5 - 6 weeks let you know the outcome and if not happy then appeal the outcome

Er no they won't....

As the customer has agreed to the contract, and this is explained to them. This then is no longer a unrecognised/unauthorised transaction.

What can be done is that a stop is taken on further payments. Although they cannot be stopped from debiting. They can be returned as a cancelled CPA.
    If goods do not arrive within a certain time, then again money can be claimed back.

Interesting to see DSR banded about..... Folks it was a FREE product, and only P&P was paid for....
    Not sure that DSR would come into play for further products as it is a ongoing contract, that has been agreed.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • KB1_2
    edited 11 October 2012 at 8:45AM
    Options
    Reasonable or not

The relative strengths of supplier and consumer and whether there is a significant imbalance

Whether you were offered an inducement to agree to the term

Automatic contract renewals where you are not given reasonable opportunity to prevent the renewal.
  • KB1_2
    edited 11 October 2012 at 8:41AM
    Options
    any promotional offer (including any discount, premium or gift) and ensure that any conditions that must be met to qualify for it are easily accessible and presented clearly and unambiguously
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    KB1 wrote: »
    When a dispute arises...
    <snip the rest>
    KB1, have you read this from the forum rules...
    forum_faqs_small_bubble.gif What are the rules on copyright?

It starts...
    We ask forum users not to copy long text...
  • valeriej43
    Options
    This company is well known to the banks, i sent for some yesterday and it arrived this morning,
    I didnt notice that it was an ongoing transaction either, my daughter looked it up and told me what it involved, i rang my bank to cancel my derbit card, but after i had explained why i9 wanted to do thios, the lady at the bank asked if it was deadseabeautykit, they know all about it, had lots of complaints,
    I didnt need to cancel my card,the bank have put a stop on any attempt to take payments out and are monitoring my account monthly, if any payments are taken out after this they will reimburse me
    There are warnings about this company, [which i saw too late]
    There was no receipt with the box the the cream came in, and iot was wrapped in cellophane which was hanging off
    The return address is in Israel, which suggests they are going to make it difficult to return
    I havent used any of it, so will email them and cancel, and see what happens from there on
  • KB1_2
    edited 11 October 2012 at 5:25PM
    Options
    any promotional offer (including any discount, premium or gift) and ensure that any conditions that must be met to qualify for it are easily accessible and presented clearly and unambiguously
    valeriej43 wrote: »
    This company is well known to the banks, i sent for some yesterday and it arrived this morning,
    I didnt notice that it was an ongoing transaction either, my daughter looked it up and told me what it involved, i rang my bank to cancel my derbit card, but after i had explained why i9 wanted to do thios, the lady at the bank asked if it was deadseabeautykit, they know all about it, had lots of complaints,
    I didnt need to cancel my card,the bank have put a stop on any attempt to take payments out and are monitoring my account monthly, if any payments are taken out after this they will reimburse me
    There are warnings about this company, [which i saw too late]
    There was no receipt with the box the the cream came in, and iot was wrapped in cellophane which was hanging off
    The return address is in Israel, which suggests they are going to make it difficult to return
    I havent used any of it, so will email them and cancel, and see what happens from there on

They will ignore your email request. The T&C's will say cancel online.

£3.95 postage to deliver to you. £65+ to send back.

Now it gets tricky. Sending cosmetics into Israel can be difficult, various regulations might apply. Also import duty at least 49% could apply and its your job to ensure all documentation is correct.

Read the label on the box, which company delivered to your address. I have contact details of original UK sender trading from RUGBY UK.

If T&C's had said RETURN TO ISRAEL seen easily not hidded on another T&C page you would not have considered ticking the box.

TYPE IN Neeltje Coree this is the only ds marketing director
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    They will ignore your email request. The T&C's will say cancel online.

So long as the email does not bounce back as undelivered. Then as far as a bank is concerned its cancelled. Just save a copy in case.
    Also remember now that all you have to do is contact your bank and say I want to stop payments to xxx.

So any payments after either method can be returned as cancelled CPA.

As to returning the goods.
    Down to post office. Get proof of postage and send back.:T
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • mayoung
    Options
    I was scammed byy this as well, and to top it off, every 30 days they 'autorefill' it for you and charge you again. On the website it says this:
    We will then automatically send you a replenishment of the products you have ordered according to our common replenishment guidelines (normally, every 30 calendar days). Your card will be charged by Deadseakit.com 8007175794 accordingly upon dispatch of the replenishment package. Autorefill can be cancelled at any time by simply logging into your account.

Do you think I can find anywhere on their website to login to my account as they put it???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport