🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Trial beauty kit costs £57.95

Options

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Only I can't post links!

Just type in the website address using the word "dot" instead of .

EG.
    www dot moneysavingexpert dot com
  • chuck_the_bear
    Options
    Thank you - so put the http etc at the start remove the word dot:

cudermtrack dot info/testers/uk/?t202id=2624&t202kw=tester3
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    ...Sorry, but this IS a scam - the ad was designed to mislead IMO. I've learned a tough lesson, but it won't happen again! ..

Indeed it is.

Of course, whenever someone ventures onto MSE to complain or ask for advice having been caught out by the now bog standard 'free trial scam' they are met by the calls from the 'but-you-should-have-read-the-T&Cs' mob.

Would that we had the equivalent here in the UK of the Federal Trade Commission that doesn't muck about and just shuts these people down and seizes their assets without the slightest regard to whatever T&Cs they purport to inflict on their victims.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you - so put the http etc at the start remove the word dot:

cudermtrack dot info/testers/uk/?t202id=2624&t202kw=tester3
    From the page you have linked to, click on the Claim Your Kit button.
    At the bottom of the resulting page you will see lots of small print. In there is...
    Risk-free trial offer: By buying this Special Trial Beauty Kit, you agree to enroll in our Autorefill Program. You will be charged applicable shipping and handling fees upon placing the order and will then have 14 days to try our products and return them if you are not completely satisfied. If you choose to keep the kit, you will be charged the full cost of £59.95. We will then automatically send you a replenishment of the products you have ordered according to our common replenishment guidelines (normally, every 30 calendar days). Your card will be charged by Deadseakit.com 8007175794 accordingly upon dispatch of the replenishment package. Autorefill can be cancelled at any time by simply logging into your account.
    I hope that helps you make an informed choice.
  • chuck_the_bear
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    From the page you have linked to, click on the Claim Your Kit button.
    At the bottom of the resulting page you will see lots of small print. In there is...

I hope that helps you make an informed choice.

I've made my choice, as I said - I've emailed to confirm return of the unused product - but wanted people to see how easy it is to be misled from the original link:

"just complete this short form"
  • wealdroam
    Options
    I've made my choice, as I said...
    Ah, sorry... I overlooked that.

Still, perhaps others will benefit.
  • chuck_the_bear
    Options
    Had a very nice response from their customer service, confirming cancellation of the process (quite quickly too - a little bit impressed!) and offering me the "free trial" pack for £34.95 to save on return costs...
    I feel I should stick to my principles here and return the product as I really don't want them to profit from me being a mug...
    Or is that just being too principled!!
  • wealdroam
    Options
    Had a very nice response from their customer service, confirming cancellation of the process (quite quickly too - a little bit impressed!) and offering me the "free trial" pack for £34.95 to save on return costs...
    I feel I should stick to my principles here and return the product as I really don't want them to profit from me being a mug...
    Or is that just being too principled!!
    You must decide, but earlier posts seem to indicate that you will be asked to return the product to Israel.
    Postage may be quite high... £54 is suggested in post #30.
  • chuck_the_bear
    Options
    The parcel company I usually use is quoting a similar amount to paying for the "free trial" - just over £30 to Israel.
    I'm a bit miffed about the whole thing, so loathe to let the company have any of my money, however much its tempting me.
    My horse is very high - its a long drop to get off it!
  • bubbles311
    Options
    has anyone been caught by Rejuvenex with similar MO?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport