🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

212 Posts: 241 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2013 at 11:00AM
    Options
    Aqua finally got back to me! I'm registered with Noddle anyway, but wanted 'unlimited' access rather than 1 per month (presumably it's updated overnight then, so requesting one every few days will get you the latest info).

I filled out the form on their site (twice!). Link sends you to a partly filled Noddle/Aqua signup page. Need to make sure I use a different email from my 'main' Noddle account now, just incase that breaks something!

Be careful if you're expecting an invite, it was in my spam (Hotmail a/c)

Thank you for choosing aqua. Now that you have your new aqua card, we’re delighted to invite you to sign up for aqua Credit Checker, powered by Noddle.

As an aqua customer you’ll have free unlimited access to your credit report and enjoy a range of personalised tools to help you take control of your credit rating and build a better financial future.

In addition to your free credit report, you’ll also get free access to two premium* products - Noddle Alerts and Noddle Improve, a package worth up to £80 per year.
  • stopcockleaking2310
    Options
    Hi, do anyone know when would you actually get the cash reward from Aqua card....

would you get cash back or just a credit.

I could see the amount on the statement but never get any details about the cash back scheme.

do holder just get the first year cash back only?

Thanks
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Cashback will be paid annually, the day after the date of the 1st statement we send on or following your anniversary ..."

They say "paid" but I guess it will be credited to your account.
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    Every other cash back card I've used has been credited to my account, so I would expect this one to be the same. Less administration for them and I'm going to be spending it anyway :)
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Earned £99.99 cashback so far (rounded up to £100) so time to switch to a 0% purchases card. Still gonna use the Aqua card for overseas spending though, 0% load and 0% fee is awesome. :)
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Earned £99.99 cashback so far (rounded up to £100) so time to switch to a 0% purchases card. Still gonna use the Aqua card for overseas spending though, 0% load and 0% fee is awesome. :)

What about Halifax clarity for that, the load and fee are the same but you can also draw cash.
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • Blue_Max
    Options
    DragonQ wrote: »
    I also reached £100 cashback :-) Now using CapitalOne Mastercard. It is also cash back.
    Halifax card may also be an alternative, depending on how much is spent.
    Halifax is also good for purchases abroad. Free of fees, same as Aqua.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    StevieJ wrote: »
    What about Halifax clarity for that, the load and fee are the same but you can also draw cash.
    Yeah sounds good, might apply for that since I'm going on holiday in a few months. Already have 3 credit cards though, dunno what that'll do to my credit score.

I haven't been abroad in a while and most of my overseas purchases are done online so the Aqua card is fine for now.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Blue_Max wrote: »
    Halifax card may also be an alternative, depending on how much is spent.
    Halifax is also good for purchases abroad. Free of fees, same as Aqua.
    Just to be clear, that's the Halifax Clarity MasterCard.

AIUI, other Halifax cards have the normal ripoff charges for foreign use.
  • Blue_Max
    Options
    Roger1 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, that's the Halifax Clarity MasterCard.
    AIUI, other Halifax cards have the normal ripoff charges for foreign use.
    Yes, it is. Halifax Clarity MasterCard is the only one worth having. Others as you say, have the normal ripoff charges for foreign use.
    You also get cashback with Clarity Mastercard, but unlike Aqua and CapitalOne, it is subject to minimum usage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport