Options
1263264265266267269»

Comments

• Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aquamania wrote: »
    But what Aqua now tell me is that they won't close my account until all the the accounts that were not renewed late 2013/early 2014 have been fully paid off. Prod as much as you like. All you get from this lot is a pack of lies. They even told the FOS they had closed my account, but have now admitted to me they have not done so.
    Mines showing as closed on my Noddle report.
    horngkai wrote: »
    I just got an updated credit report from Equifax and Aqua, despite them closing my account in February, is still showing up. Anyone else notice this?
    Jakg wrote: »
    I had the same. Just called them to close it.

Apparently they mark the account as "dormant" 1 month after the last credit - but don't remove the "available to spend" so it still gets reported to CRA's. If I hadn't of called it'd of stayed their permanently - and yet they closed the account, not me!

Ridiculous. Don't even know why I'm surprised.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which term of the Aqua contract are you referring to exactly?
    No specific term. I was quoting my memory, which might have been wrong. My terms are buried in a folder somewhere...
    But what Aqua now tell me is that they won't close my account until all the the accounts that were not renewed late 2013/early 2014 have been fully paid off. Prod as much as you like. All you get from this lot is a pack of lies. They even told the FOS they had closed my account, but have now admitted to me they have not done so.

OK... this is certainly different from what I understood. They won't close _your_ account until _everybody else_ pay off theirs? !!!!!!?
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    Just realised my old Aqua card is still showing on my reports with available credit. This is despite having sent them a secure message months ago asking them to close the account, and having received a letter back from them confirming it was closed!

Just sent another secure message asking them to close it again.

Morons.
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    This company is absolutely unbelieveable.

As you may remember, part of my complaint to the ombudsman involved the fact that Aqua gave me a goodwill credit on an account that should have been closed, and so I was unable to access it.

The ombudsman agreed with me that this had to be refunded and made an award in my favour. The ombudsman eventually agreed to 4 weeks for Aqua to get the awarded amount (which I agreed to) to me by cheque. Aqua originally requested up to 6 weeks.
    I could have had it immediately by FP, but didn't want to give them my bank details (again!)

I was only thinking yesterday, this time was almost up (actually will be next week)

Today I get another monthly statement adding the compo about a week ago as a credit to my account. An account that is supposed to be closed (at least that is what they convinced the ombudsman). An account I cannot (or in any event, will not) ever use again.

Sorry Mr Ombudsman, I know you closed this case believing everything to have been sorted out, but a letter is on the way to you asking you to re-open it and get me the money you said you believed was reasonable in the circumstances and to which I agreed (and I understand from your correspondence Aqua told you they also agreed with the suggested award even before I had accepted it).

So I went back to the ombudsman and we agreed to give Aqua another 6 weeks to get the cheque to me.

As that expired earlier this month with nothing from Aqua (apart from the usual monthly statements showing the account in credit) I went back to the ombudsman yet again.

I don't think the ombudsman was very happy with Aqua and I soon got a response from him that the cheque was in the post, as well as confirmation of final account closure (this would come from 2 different areas of the business, so the cheque would arrive first)

So I get the cheque this week.

!!!!!!? It's a hand written cheque and actually dated late September and it's obviously been filed somewhere (by the folds, staple holes, etc) rather than sent to me.
    Now waiting to see if it bounces :cool:

Still waiting for confirmation of final closure of the account.
  • ILikeToSpend
    Options
    Saw this on offer again via a Google search....Still looking for a non AMEX cashback card to replace my Amazon one after that ended.
    Their website says 3% but when you click through to apply it goes back to 0.5%
    aquacard.co.uk/ppc-landing-pages/ppc-landing-rewards

I had the Aqua card before and it needed quite a bit of chasing to get my £100, that said, I'd still take it up again for £100. Seemingly there are no good cashback cards really at the moment.

earn 3% cash back with an aqua Reward credit card

Representative
    34.9% APR (variable)

apply now

The rewarding card that gives you more the longer you use it.
    3% cashback on all your purchases*
    The only generous cashback credit card for those looking to build or repair credit history
    No foreign currency exchange fee
    Find out more »
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Their website says 3% but when you click through to apply it goes back to 0.5%
    aquacard.co.uk/ppc-landing-pages/ppc-landing-rewards
    Looks like they've just forgotten to take down their old landing pages showing the old card range.
  • samsoniteee
    Options
    If i apply for one of these cards, how do i set it up so it automatically takes payment out of my main bank account (so i never miss a payment)??
  • 2ofclubs
    2ofclubs Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very easy. Register online and set direct debit up from there. Takes no longer than two minutes. Or you can phone Aqua and they will do it for you. Normally i can't be bothered myself but it really was so easy. It's a case of filling out card details.
  • Weller
    Weller Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Is this the best basic credit builder card? I just want to pay off in full each month
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DW and I both had them for the £100s and then had them closed when they withdrew the card. Mine is off my credit file, for DW it is still showing. Muppets.
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport