Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• jetfighter
    jetfighter Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    After the huge farce with Halifax rejecting my cheque three times, I took it to NatWest last week (bit further afield, but I have an old account there) and the machine also rejected it. However the staff were much more helpful and popped it into an envelope for me to be processed within 24 hours. It had cleared within a few days and I am now happily spending my long-awaited £125.99!
  • td_007
    td_007 Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In more ways than one, I am happy that I have not cancelled the card. The cashback is carried over and I still have a 0.5% cash back card with 0% foreign usage fees - a good complement to Halifax Clarity and PO CC for foreign use.
  • donslosers
    donslosers Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Jakg wrote: »
    Sent a complaint letter in a few weeks ago, got a "were looking into it" letter but heard nothing since?

I know I've got to wait 8 weeks before I can refer it but has anyone else heard anything in the meantime?

I heard back from them after 10 weeks regarding complaint about cashback in January statement. The explanation made no sense and even admitted that the calculations were wrong but offered no resolution, as £ 100 annual limit reached. ( Although they had subtracted an amount refunded in late January, so only £99 odds paid). It also promised a bank transfer of the cash back within 23-5 days...never happened and am still waiting 3 weeks later!

So have escalated it to FA Ombudsman.

Hope you get faster and more satisfactory response.
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A few days have elapsed and my balance is still -£100CR on the website and no money in my account.

They have until Wednesday.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • JKSandy
    JKSandy Posts: 711 Forumite
    Options
    Finally my account is closed with this lot. :)
    All that glitters is not gold.
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sent a complaint letter in a few weeks ago, got a "were looking into it" letter but heard nothing since?

I know I've got to wait 8 weeks before I can refer it but has anyone else heard anything in the meantime?
    Still heard nothing.

Once it gets past 8 weeks (now past 4) should I chase Aqua one last time or take it straight to the Ombudsman?
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    Still heard nothing.

Once it gets past 8 weeks (now past 4) should I chase Aqua one last time or take it straight to the Ombudsman?

If my experience is anything to go by, the reply (if you get one) will be utter nonsense anyway. Seems like I was not alone in this experience.

You may as well start forming your complaint to the FOS now ... but you can't send it until 8 weeks are up or Aqua write saying you can now go to the FOS.
  • jetfighter
    jetfighter Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well I spoke too soon. Got a letter in the post today from NatWest saying my cheque bounced.

Arggggggggg!!!

I rang Aqua again and this time, instead of fobbing me off, they SAID they are going to pay the £125.99 directly into my bank account. Will it actually happen though?!!! I'm honestly not sure anymore.

So cross!
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FINALLY!

£100 paid into my bank today from Aqua.

Only 3 months late...... Just glad to have it :)
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Still heard nothing.

I finally got a reply, they offered me £25.

I'm just drafting a reply telling them to poke it. Because it's taken them so long to reply (6 weeks!) I may well escalate to the ombudsman before they've got round to replying.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure