Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• ricky_v
    ricky_v Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey,
    I've applied for this card a couple of weeks ago. I've got the general terms and conditions but no T+C's for the cashback. When activating the card I asked about the cashback T+C's. The guy on the phone explained that each transaction needed to be a min of £5, £100 cap paid annually, etc, obviously I earned cashback as he verbally explained how the cashback works....

My question is did any cardholder get the cashback T+Cs in paper form with the general T+Cs? I suspect that my card will not earn the 3% cashback as they appear they no longer offer it.

cheers
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ricky_v wrote: »
    Hey,
    I've applied for this card a couple of weeks ago. I've got the general terms and conditions but no T+C's for the cashback. When activating the card I asked about the cashback T+C's. The guy on the phone explained that each transaction needed to be a min of £5, £100 cap paid annually, etc, obviously I earned cashback as he verbally explained how the cashback works....

My question is did any cardholder get the cashback T+Cs in paper form with the general T+Cs? I suspect that my card will not earn the 3% cashback as they appear they no longer offer it.

cheers

I understand the cashback differently as per the information I received with my card (leaflet). You gain cashback on each purchase regardless of size, but the payment is rounded down to the nearest £5 at the end of the year e.g. spend £1234 and your cashback would be £37.02 but you will get £35.
  • ricky_v
    ricky_v Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    Herbalus wrote: »
    I understand the cashback differently as per the information I received with my card (leaflet). You gain cashback on each purchase regardless of size, but the payment is rounded down to the nearest £5 at the end of the year e.g. spend £1234 and your cashback would be £37.02 but you will get £35.

Thats the thing I didn't even get a leaflet about the cashback. I think a phonecall to them tomorrow is necessary to clarify if I'm even on the cashback offer, and if I am then to request this leaflet.

many thanks
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

My copy of the T+Cs has a section about cashback - near the top of the second column, if I recall correctly - I don't have them at hand. There are several paragraphs about it, including how you can lose it, when they pay it, how they round it.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    Thats the thing I didn't even get a leaflet about the cashback. I think a phonecall to them tomorrow is necessary to clarify if I'm even on the cashback offer, and if I am then to request this leaflet.

many thanks

Seconding Uplink's comments. Item number 11 in the general credit card terms and conditions section. Or at least, it was when I took out the card. There isn't a minimum spend per transaction before being eligible for cashback. You should make sure you read and understand the T&Cs before using the card.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I now have my £100 cah back showing on my statement. Does that mean I'm now done?
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    assj wrote: »
    I now have my £100 cah back showing on my statement. Does that mean I'm now done?

Not until you see yourself with the money.

People say you should keep the card active. Spend a few quid a month on eBay or something. Go to Poundland and get a sandwich or a drink on the card once a month. That kind of thing. Because of the Aqua card, I'm not using my CapitalOne card very much, but I buy some MP3s off of Amazon once a month to keep the balance above 5 quid (that's just a preference of mine - I don't see a reason why you can't carry 99p on your balance every month for this purpose), so it looks used.
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    assj wrote: »
    Few weeks ago I also reached the £100 cashback limit. Now I use CapitalOne MasterCard or Halifax Rewards Clarity Credit Card, depending on anticipated monthly spend and any purchases in foreign currency.

Aqua customer support told me on the phone that I should use it at least once in three months.
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone actually received cashback from this card yet? Asked about it as not showing online or anywhere. Told it is added to your account on the anniversary of the card, mine being June. However, they have been so pathetic, that I am questioning whether we will actiually get this. The 3% deal is no longer avialable on their website
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Uplink wrote: »
    Not until you see yourself with the money.

People say you should keep the card active. Spend a few quid a month on eBay or something. Go to Poundland and get a sandwich or a drink on the card once a month. That kind of thing. Because of the Aqua card, I'm not using my CapitalOne card very much, but I buy some MP3s off of Amazon once a month to keep the balance above 5 quid (that's just a preference of mine - I don't see a reason why you can't carry 99p on your balance every month for this purpose), so it looks used.

I sometimes carry a 40p balance by buying something cheap from Asda :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport