Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    If you data mined my account and saw me spending up to 5x my credit limit in the first few months FP in after every large transaction and then barely using the card after 3.3k spend you would mark the account for closure.

:P. OK, I weaken my claim from 'clever' to complex, but not necessarily well designed, data mining.

Or maybe there is someone just making random decisons to see what response it creates on MSE!
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    If you data mined my account and saw me spending up to 5x my credit limit in the first few months FP in after every large transaction and then barely using the card after 3.3k spend you would mark the account for closure.

Mine's like that, but if they don't want to give me a higher limit, well screw em. They're only making pennies from me now (by spending £1-£2/month)
  • verybigchris
    verybigchris Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble logging in to the Aqua website?

It's been getting slower and slower for a while now, but today it's so slow that it's timing out before I can see my account :mad:
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble logging in to the Aqua website?

It's been getting slower and slower for a while now, but today it's so slow that it's timing out before I can see my account :mad:

In the past week or two it's been timing out before I could see the login page during day time, and the hour when it starts working again is getting later and later every day.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Strange, sometimes I notice the sites a little slow, but I've never not been able to access it. Typically I only bother when I want to make a purchase and know I'm near my limit though.
    212 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Absolute nightmare! I use Account Unity aggregation (people that provide Egg Money Manager) - that times out lots, even if I keep clicking on Aqua it just takes forever to load
  • IsaCream_Man
    IsaCream_Man Posts: 66 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2013 at 7:03AM
    Options
    First thing in the morning, and most of the day it's fine, but in the evening it's a dead loss so I give up.

EDIT 10 May 13: Now it's impossible to log on to the site without waiting 10 minutes at any time, except first thing in the morning.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gglaze wrote: »
    Actually, previous threads (or earlier in this thread maybe?) have reported that so far Aqua was doing very well at preventing transactions that put you over the limit. Of course I wouldn't take this as a guarantee.
    Just a confirmation that indeed it a dangerous business to rely on them stopping you from going over the limit:
    geoff_ss wrote: »
    ...I've earnt the maximum £100 possible each year over several months. However Aqua accepted a transaction that put me £1.37 over their painfully small credit limit for 1½ days. They hit me with a £12 fine. I managed to get them to delete it as it was the 1st time. But I noticed they also considered this a default that would kill-off the years's £100 tax-back. As a minor 1st time offense they have now agreed to re-instated the £100 ...

Seems to me people should be warned that once you reach £100 the only possible thing to do is to hide the Aqua card away until the £100 is paid and a new year is started. If I make a penny mistake or am a day late in paying I'd now be fined a minimum of £112....
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Originally Posted by geoff_ss viewpost.gif Seems to me people should be warned that once you reach £100 the only possible thing to do is to hide the Aqua card away until the £100 is paid and a new year is started. If I make a penny mistake or am a day late in paying I'd now be fined a minimum of £112....
    Nothing in their T&C about not using the card but there were posts in this thread warning others that if the card is not used, Aqua may cancel the card. If this happen, £100 cashback earned may also get lost.
    I messaged Aqua, twice, using their 'Contact Us' page, asking them how frequenly the card need to be used. But they did not reply.
    So what I do is use the card every month for a small purchase.
    To make sure it is paid off without fail, I set up a Direct Debet to automaticaly pay off all of the balance.
  • iAMaLONDONER
    iAMaLONDONER Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Options
    King wrote: »
    Just got rejected.....I have excellent credit history no CCJ's or anything bad on record, already use the capital one cashback card.... Bulls**t

they rejected me too so don't feel especially bad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport