Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• Zogger
    Zogger Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oops. I went £22 over limit yesterday just after maxing out my cashback. Some transactions hadn't been made yet because of the bank holiday and I hadn't realised!
    I made a payment immediately via BACS before I got the overpayment charge. I then called them and he told me to call back if I got charged and they could reverse it, ditto on the cashback.
    I got the over limit charge today and called them, the charge was reversed. She told me it's also only the second time that you go over limit that they withdraw you from the cashback so I should be ok. (I think I have read that before here somewhere as well) :D
  • Little_Gem
    Little_Gem Posts: 67 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Zogger wrote: »
    She told me it's also only the second time that you go over limit that they withdraw you from the cashback so I should be ok. (I think I have read that before here somewhere as well) :D

I hope so! I went over my limit accidently earlier this month, called them and managed to get the £12 charge reversed but when I asked about the cash back she told me she had to put me through to another department to ask about that (not sure why?) and when she transferred me the line said it was too busy and to call back another time, which I never got around to doing. My statement is due in the next week so guess I'll find out then!
  • stopcockleaking2310
    stopcockleaking2310 Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2013 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Hi, do anyone know when would you actually get the cash reward from Aqua card....

would you get cash back or just a credit.

I could see the amount on the statement but never get any details about the cash back scheme.

do holder just get the first year cash back only?

Thanks

Hi, I raise this question before and I had good advise here as well. Thanks for that.

Now after a long wait and contact them nos of time. I get the answer, here 's the details they send me :

"The cash back points are currently calculated at 3% on all retail purchases with a maximum award of £100.00. Points are not awarded for balance transfers, cash transactions or cheques. Any purchases made in the cash back year after you have reached the maximum award of £100 (10,000 points) will not earn cashback.

The total of any cash back points earned is displayed on your monthly paper statement, unfortunately it is not possible to view cashback points earned online.

The cash back award is paid in August and this award will appear on your September statement. Please note the first cash back award is due to be paid in August 2013."

I post in case anyone want to know : the 3% would continue (unless they change again) for the 2nd year.

ps my first statement start at August last year

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your post is very confusing as it's August for you, but can be any other month actually. And what was the point in contacting them "nos of time" about this if the T&C that you have say it clearly:
    11.3 Cashback will be paid annually the day after the date of the first statement we send on or following your anniversary...
    ?
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    I fear we are going to have a swarm of people in here in August saying they have not received their cash back.

The fact is the T&C clearly state that cash back is paid shortly after the anniversary of your account, not on any specific month.
  • brad
    brad Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    The best way I found to use this card as £500 is a pain, is to front load it. i.e put £3,300 on it before you use it. They don't like you doing this but it means I can use it for a couple of months and forget it until the cash back starts again. Which is when? I've had the statement do I now wait till August to be paid then start to use it again in September? Is it 3% still?
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brad wrote: »
    The best way I found to use this card as £500 is a pain, is to front load it. i.e put £3,300 on it before you use it. They don't like you doing this but it means I can use it for a couple of months and forget it until the cash back starts again. Which is when? I've had the statement do I now wait till August to be paid then start to use it again in September? Is it 3% still?

Hmm, well, I would suggest front loading is a bad idea. Staying within £500 does seem difficult when you need to spend £280/month (also, have you tried asking them to increase the limit).

I suggest you read the T&Cs of your card, rather than trusting me, a random person on the internet, but yes it should still be 3% and I expect you'll find that the cashback for the previous year is paid on statement number 13 if you count your statements from opening (and, obviously, spending on statements 13 onwards count towards next year's allowance).
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brad wrote: »

Front loading is against terms and conditions, and breaking these normally makes any cash back null and void.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Front loading is against terms and conditions, and breaking these normally makes any cash back null and void.

My terms don't say that. My terms say Aqua reserve the right to send the front loaded money back to where it came from. That is all.

So if you rely on your front loaded money to keep, you may be in for a nasty surprise when you go over your limit because they've returned the money.
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anybody else having difficulty logging in on Aqua's Online banking?

I know it's consistently terrible, but whenever I try to log in, it says there is an unexpected error and my online account cannot be serviced at this time. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure