Return to Solvency

Options

Comments

• Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    See you again soon. Feel free to pop round whenever, as long as you don't mind a bit of mess now and again. Then again if I don't run around tidying up before you turn up, it means I think of you as family

BFN Gx2 x

My attitude completely! If someone is rude enough to point out the place needs dusting, give 'em the duster! And make sure they don't get an invite back!

A sense of humour is vital to keep on top of things, because it isn't all plain sailing, with so many of us in the same boat! But there's always someone there for a giggle, hug or advice - Great place!

Piq
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Gx2

Now if my OH had eaten all of the dinner he would find himself eating gruel and water for the next week. That was very mean of him.

I know what you mean about sense of humor I only seem to get mine back when I'm on the diaries which is great.

Have a day off today waiting for BT to put in my new line, got up early so whats the betting they dont arrive till lunch time :rotfl:

Have a great day

NRA xxx

He seemed to think he was very funny and very clever and that I didn't really mind. I should point out that we, ( well he) bought 2 pizzas on Friday and over the 2 nights I had a grand sum of a third of one and he ate the rest. He said he didn't realise I'd want any more but I was actually looking forward to a 2nd third, leaving him to have eaten 1 1/3rd in total. My point, completely missed by the ostrich, was that he should have checked first. :pfft:

Like minded people can always bring the best out in me and I love being silly. :rotfl:

Good luck with BT, I hope their customer service is better than the experiences I've had with them in the past, "waited in all day and the bar stewards never arrived" :eek:

I put my sense of humor bypass down to carrying this burden on my own.Im always so angry at OH for not supporting me that it always seems to everyone that im miserable( and im not honestly)

Have a good day ,i must go to work (lifting herself of the sofa and attempting to let go of the laptop)or i want earn any money to be able to pay my debts off:)

I'm sure you are not miserable, they just seem to have that knack of making us nag. fpoem%5B1%5D.gif

LOL, hope you have let go of the laptop long enough so you can get to work, find the combination to that magic money pot so you can come back here and play all day x money.gif
    Piquant wrote: »
    My attitude completely! If someone is rude enough to point out the place needs dusting, give 'em the duster! And make sure they don't get an invite back!

A sense of humour is vital to keep on top of things, because it isn't all plain sailing, with so many of us in the same boat! But there's always someone there for a giggle, hug or advice - Great place!

Piq

I agree Piq, difficult times facing us all, some more than others :wink: but with a little help from our friends, we soldier on.goodluck.gif smiley-vault-misc-103.gif smileyvault-therethere.gif

Have a great day all. smiley-vault-character-162.gif

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Well my 2 beautiful little DGDs are coming over to play again today and I can't wait but first I have to go to the dentist for a filling :boo, hiss:

I had a good day yesterday, after my shake up on Saturday and only bought what I had planned. I bagged another free mascara and a sample pot of Clar*ns eye cream. Plus the OH gave me £20 towards DGD2s birthday presents, which I didn't expect, so that's a nice welcome surprise. In the past I would have gone out and bought something else but I have decided we've bought enough, so the money is going into my F&F pot.

I did buy, but planned to, a cheap baby doll to model the clothes that I'm going to make to sell on flea bay thanks to the brilliant suggestion by Happy. So it should be money well spent.

Talking about knitting, which I assure you we were, the latest cardigan has gone a bit wrong and has ended up big enough for DGD1, which considering they are 5 years a part is no mean feat. It is an adapted by Granny design and I think I got the measurements wrong. Luckily, although I'd almost finished it, I enjoy knitting so won't mind unpicking it and starting again - oops. knit.gif

Oh well, much as I'd love to stay and play all day, I should do some tidying up before they arrive to trash the place. mood-emoticon-0069.gif

NSD planned today. :j

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck with BT, I hope their customer service is better than the experiences I've had with them in the past, "waited in all day and the bar stewards never arrived" :eek:

Grr :mad: I am so hoping that doesn't happen, although they only have just over half an hour to get here and I am getting impatient.

I hate it when I have to take a day off and they are either late or dont pitch up, especially when I have loads to do:o

Hope you have a lovely time with the little ones, must try to get to see DGS soon, he was one at the begining of the month and is sooo adorable (but I would say that wouldnt I ;) )

Enjoy the rest of the day

NRA xx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
  • grannyx2
    Options

Grr :mad: I am so hoping that doesn't happen, although they only have just over half an hour to get here and I am getting impatient.

I hate it when I have to take a day off and they are either late or dont pitch up, especially when I have loads to do:o Oh no, think I have just read elsewhere that they played the same trick on you as on me. Bar Stewards with a big CAPITAL B

Hope you have a lovely time with the little ones, must try to get to see DGS soon, he was one at the begining of the month and is sooo adorable (but I would say that wouldnt I ;) ) That's what Grannies are for to tell the little darlings how wonderfully gorgeous they are. I learnt a lot of my Granny skills from my mum, who had such a wonderful relationship with my DD, that she had absolutely no lack of confidence skills as she got older.

Enjoy the rest of the day I had an absolutely great day today. The baby was just so cute and is nearly walking, had her 1st pair of proper shoes today. The eldest one was, as usual, delightful and is such a funny girl she makes me laugh every time I see her.

NRA xx

I found my true vocation in life when the DGDs came along. Always wondered what I wanted to be when I grew up and when they were born I knew.

I had a NSD today as planned and am planning another tomorrow.

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• grannyx2
    edited 23 May 2012 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Had my NSD as planned today, even turned down the offer of chocolate and/or icecream, and planning another tomorrow. Convinced my dad to bring pasties over for lunch and I'll provide coffee and dessert rather than going out to lunch. Probably be nicer too and as I haven't seen him for 3 weeks, we can have a proper chat and I won't need to rush off back to work as I'll already be there. :money:

Small confession to make. I didn't have a NSD yesterday as had to pay 50p to park my car in the market car park whilst DGD2 and I went to get DGD1 from school. I usually don't pay to park as I'm only 5 minutes but yesterday, whilst sitting in my car waiting to go and get her, the car park tw^t came around and peered in my window. I peered back at him and he walked away. However I didn't dare leave without buying a ticket as I knew he was lurking behind the van next to me, just waiting for me to get out and I bet he was gutted when he realised I was heading for the machine and not the gate. 50p well spent just to see the disappointed look on his face. :D

Anyway, nothing much else to report today. The sharks, oops I meant creditors are being particularly quiet at the moment. They are probably lurking behind a van somewhere, ready to jump out at me all at once. :eek:

Hope you've all had a good day and if I'm just talking to me, well Goodnight Granny, get yourself off to bed now, there's a good girl.

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Granny

Thats awful you have to pay for parking to pick up at school:eek:
    You definitely werent talking to me last night i was in the land of nod,dreaming of being on holiday,only way i can afford to go is in my dreams:rotfl:
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Morning Granny

Thats awful you have to pay for parking to pick up at school:eek:
    You definitely werent talking to me last night i was in the land of nod,dreaming of being on holiday,only way i can afford to go is in my dreams:rotfl:

Morning N2O

There isn't anywhere else to park really, well not close to the school anyway and its such a hassle taking the pushchair so I can park further away. I've been parking there once a week since last Sept and its the 1st time I've paid, so I suppose its not too bad. If he starts making a habit of it though I'll make plans to park further away. :(

Did you go anywhere nice? I hope the weather was nice for you and you've woken up with a good tan. What did you do whilst you were there? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm off for a couple of days away 1st week in June, courtesy of OH overtime, although much as I'm looking forward to it I wish he'd just give me the £ to put towards the sharks. Still I suppose its only a cheap break and we have such a long road ahead of us, we have to still live a decent life. I'm getting fairly proud of myself, once a shopaholic, always a shopaholic used to be my mantra and now just 10 days in and I am gutted if I spend 50p. :A

BFN, hope you have a good day, don't forget to pop back later to tell me all about your holiday :cool:

Love Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning, throught would drop by and say hi :D

OH a bit like yours, he is fully aware of our debt £28K plus mortgage :eek: He is currently unemployed but doing a bit of temp work and doing re-training but still spending on carp, just the odd £2 a day on junk, nothing major but all adds up, just doesnt get it sometimes. Is very frustrating :cool:
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Baldybear wrote: »
    Morning, throught would drop by and say hi :D

OH a bit like yours, he is fully aware of our debt £28K plus mortgage :eek: He is currently unemployed but doing a bit of temp work and doing re-training but still spending on carp, just the odd £2 a day on junk, nothing major but all adds up, just doesnt get it sometimes. Is very frustrating :cool:

Good morning and :hello: back to you, so nice of you to pop in, I love visitors. :D

At least he is aware of your situation, cos that definitely helps. Must be awful having only one regular wage coming in. :(

They just don't get it do they, perhaps we should point them in the direction of tolips diary, although he may then see what I write about him on here - :rotfl: Better on here, than nagging him constantly. His recent obsession is buying rugby programs on flea bay, only a couple of pounds each but they are such a waste of money and he didn't even go to the game :mad: Well not live anyway, I suppose he went in his mind, a bit like N2O's holiday above and sat on the sofa and got sozzled on premium lager. double :mad:

Anyway, hope you are having a good day, pop in again soon.

Love Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback