Return to Solvency

Options

Comments

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Right I'm off now, as if I don't leave for work soon, I'm going to have to drive backwards so I can get there before I left :p

Hopefully I'll discover that magic money pot today. :j

Off out for the meal, straight after work, so not many hours in the day today. Still I did work late on Wednesday. ;)

OK, naughty Granny, step away from MSE and go to work :(

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gargrave50 wrote: »
    Oh no - you two are in cahoots:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Have you been there?

I've never been in Cahoots.
    Apparently, you can't go alone; you have to be in Cahoots with someone.
    I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
    I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.
    I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.
    I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
    I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
    Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
    One of my favourite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!
    I may have been in Continent, and I don't remember what country I was in.

Life is too short for negative drama & petty things. So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

No one can drive you cRazy unless you give them the keys.
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    Have you been there?

I've never been in Cahoots.

I heard its the Queens Bank :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gargrave50 wrote: »
    I heard its the Queens Bank :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • grannyx2
    edited 19 May 2012 at 11:58PM
    Options
    Loved that post N2O its made me giggle. :T

Well after my delayed start this morning I had a good day in work and yet another NSD - :j

Busy, busy in work until OH turned up at 6pm to meet me. Well actually he rang me from the pub across the road, where he was happily settling down to his pint :hmph!!!:

When I arrived 10 minutes later, he finished his drink before asking me if I wanted one. :double hmph!!!!!!!!:

I opted for a pint of lager, oh I know Grannies should be much more lady like and drink from small glasses :rotfl: but honestly I needed that pint. :beer: me

Had a very difficult client to deal with today, then had to deal with the normal Friday afternoon silliness, until the rest of the staff went home, between 3.30 and 4 and then tried to settle down to some serious work until OH arrived

Drove to the restaurant and sat at the table to order our food. OH had forgotten his glasses, bless his cotton socks, he does find day to day challenges hard :rotfl::rotfl: Luckily I keep a pair of really pretty, sparkly, flowery ones in my bag and very fetching he looked in them too. :D

Whilst waiting for our food, him armed with his 4th pint of lager and me with my yummy tap water, we chatted about our day. :)

For some reason money arose and I told him how happy I was to discover our secured debt was actually £3k lower than I thought and over £13k lower than it was 4 years ago. :D

To which he replied surely we don't owe that on top of the mortgage!!!!!!!! Imagine his look of relief when I told him that that was the mortgage - silly man :o

I missed a bit of a trick there, because I probably could have explained our current debt situation to him at this point and he may have actually absorbed it, but we were out, for the first time in ages, about to eat a nice meal and I really couldn't have faced it if he'd got all stressed and grumpy on me. So I let him disappear back in to his blissful worry free shell. hiding.gif

Never mind, perhaps he'll venture out again soon.

My lottery winnings were paid into my bank today and my DDIL2B paid me back the £35 I lent her a few weeks ago, so got a bit more money than I thought. :D

Oh well off to lurk for a bit, may see you later

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    Options
    :jYey Granny, I have found you !!!

Just off to check my kitchen ceiling isnt about to cave in, pour myself a late glass of vino, fill a hot water bottle and settle into bed to read your diary !!!

Byeee for now !!!!! xxx:D
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    All done !

Well Granny I wish you all the luck in the world. We shall keep each other company on our possibly very long and maybe bumpy journeys! :D

I agree with Gargrave re your SOA , it took me ages to post mine , simply because it was so involved and time consuming, but as much as we were down to the bare bones and there wasn't much we could change, it was interesting to hear others thoughts and comments, and they certainly were food for thought. Have a think about it. I know it's tough for you trying to deal with this alone and it makes it doubly difficult.i know I have Mr Pinot on board but if I was to get hit by a train tomorrow I'm not entirely sure he knows enough to deal with it alone. I fact he would probably log on here and ask you all for advise!

The diaries do get really addictive, I wish there were more hours in the day to spend reading them. If you haven't already, pop over to see Mrs Happy ( officially Happy Now) her diary is Keeping Up Appearances. She is currently dealing with her debt problems without her husbands knowledge, for seemingly different reasons to you, but she is doing a mighty fine job. You might find it encouraging, we often hi jack her diary when she's not looking! :rotfl:

Anyway best I shut up before I send you into page 3. Hope the weekend goes well.

I have really enjoyed you joining me over on my diary , see you soon! X
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Oh and Rioja is fine by me!! :beer:

Please can somebody invent me a wine glass smiley, I am fed up asking!
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Oh and Rioja is fine by me!! :beer:

Please can somebody invent me a wine glass smiley, I am fed up asking!

Just for you, actually should come clean as I knicked it from Gargrave. About to go hunting for you and leaving it in random places for you to find

winesmiley.gif

Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• PinotGrigio41
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Just for you, actually should come clean as I knicked it from Gargrave. About to go hunting for you and leaving it in random places for you to find

winesmiley.gif

Gx2 x

Found him, it didn't take long for me to find the wine ! Thankyou !:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business