Return to Solvency

Options

Comments

• never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All done !

Well Granny I wish you all the luck in the world. We shall keep each other company on our possibly very long and maybe bumpy journeys! :D

I agree with Gargrave re your SOA , it took me ages to post mine , simply because it was so involved and time consuming, but as much as we were down to the bare bones and there wasn't much we could change, it was interesting to hear others thoughts and comments, and they certainly were food for thought. Have a think about it. I know it's tough for you trying to deal with this alone and it makes it doubly difficult.i know I have Mr Pinot on board but if I was to get hit by a train tomorrow I'm not entirely sure he knows enough to deal with it alone. I fact he would probably log on here and ask you all for advise!

The diaries do get really addictive, I wish there were more hours in the day to spend reading them. If you haven't already, pop over to see Mrs Happy ( officially Happy Now) her diary is Keeping Up Appearances. She is currently dealing with her debt problems without her husbands knowledge, for seemingly different reasons to you, but she is doing a mighty fine job. You might find it encouraging, we often hi jack her diary when she's not looking! :rotfl:

Anyway best I shut up before I send you into page 3. Hope the weekend goes well.

I have really enjoyed you joining me over on my diary , see you soon! X

Pinot im also a sucker for a debt diary so could you possibly post a link to Mrs Happy i cant find her:(

thank you:D
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • never_too_old
    Options
    Its ok i have found her now:j

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,785 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Moning GX2, I've seen you posting on the boards so thought I'd come for a look.

Well done on the no spend days, always feels good to achieve that. I wish I could knit. I went to my friends the other week and she produced this lovely cardi she'd knitted, just by watching you-tube. Amazing.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 May 2012 at 10:44AM
    Options
    lucielle wrote: »
    Moning GX2, I've seen you posting on the boards so thought I'd come for a look.

Well done on the no spend days, always feels good to achieve that. I wish I could knit. I went to my friends the other week and she produced this lovely cardi she'd knitted, just by watching you-tube. Amazing.
    L

So nice of you to join me, I'd just been over yours to drop off some wine for this evening.

I learnt to knit when I was a student and being skint, (nothing much changed there then), wanted to make something for my BF for christmas.

My lovely mum taught me to knit and I concocted a wonderful creation for him, albeit that he is probably still growing into it now. :rotfl:

Shortly after that I started knitting regularly when I found that the biggest but best mistake of my life was on the way. smiley-character0099.gif

My lovely mum bought me a book of patterns, after she'd picked herself up from the shock, and 30 years later I'm still using that book to make the most wonderful creations. knit.gif

Last year a friend of mine was going to watch her newly relegated premier football team play a match. So as a surprise I knitted her the most stunning scarf overnight and presented it to her the following day. She was so moved.

I soon got orders for more and with it costing me £2 to knit I made a bit of money selling them.

That's one of my plans for flea baying, once I get some stock knitted up.

Anyway got to shoot off for a bit but will be back later.

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • lucielle
    Options
    You should start a knitting for beginners and charge for it. I wish they did something like that up here.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • grannyx2
    Options
    You should start a knitting for beginners and charge for it. I wish they did something like that up here.
    L

oo now there's an idea.

knit.gif t57003.gif

Please feel free to join me x

Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• grannyx2
    Options
    :(:(:(

Oh what a naughty Granny I have been today.

I popped into an Outf*t store and nearly bought a jumper dress, that I really didn't need. Luckily, the cashier said the price on the ticket was wrong.

It said reduced from £45 to £25 to £12

but when she rang it through her till, it came up as £25. I looked at her in disgust and walked away. She called after me and said "don't you want it now?" To which, I replied, "Not at that price, No" and walked out. :exclamati

When I left the store I felt so relieved as I don't know what came over me. I don't need it, had no intention of buying any clothes today and don't even know how I ended up in the store. sick.gif

Then I ended up online and having been sent a code for a beauty box, I found myself ordering it. I did do it via Topcashback and with £5 cashback and discount of £3, have only paid £5 for something that should have cost £13, but still I'm cross with me. :mad:

Oh well, I suppose I have spent no money all week and I can't undo it now and whatever is in the box will be used, whether by me or as gifts for DD or DDIL2B. So no point in beating myself up. slap-7372thumb.gif

Other than that, I've had a pretty good day. I got a free mascara from Debenh*ms when I gave them an old dried up one in exchange. Got a free sample of body cream from a competition I entered and picked up a skincare sample from Boots #7 range.

coloreyes.gif

not a NSD but a LSD.

Not going to have a NSD tomorrow as I've got some gifts to buy, but they are planned and researched for best buys, so I will only be getting what is on my list. I'm only taking the right amount of cash with me and no cards :cool:

Got a voucher to treat myself to coffee and a snack. :D

Anyway. I'm off to lurk for a bit

BFN Naughty Gx2 :A I'm not
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• lucielle
    Options
    At least you managed to put the dress back Granny. It appears to be a nice day here, might venture outside.
    L
  • never_too_old
    Options
    Well done for not getting the dress:j
    Ive turned into a bit of a bag lady i begrudge buying clothes or anything as i want to pay off my debts as soon as possible.

Had a slight altercation with my OH last night we really don't sing from the same hymn sheet or even the same book.He was saying that his work is looking quite good at the moment( for the next month of so anyhow) i said great we can throw more at the debts and he said no way i want to enjoy myself.He roughly knows how much is owed as they are all debts he has built up( except car)But he doesn't see my logic in wanted to start next year debt free he would quite happily pay the minimum and let everything run its course.

• grannyx2
    Options
    At least you managed to put the dress back Granny. Thanks L, I feel a bit better about it today. I think I just frightened myself because I remember feeling a bit sick as I stood by the till and just wanted to get out of there. I'll take it that someone was looking out for me and that by doing this yesterday, I now won't be in danger of overspending today.

It appears to be a nice day here, might venture outside.
    L

Yes, it's nice here too
    Well done for not getting the dress:j Thanks N2O
    Ive turned into a bit of a bag lady i begrudge buying clothes or anything as i want to pay off my debts as soon as possible.

:rotfl: As I said in a previous post I don't need any new clothes as my wardrobes are groaning under the weight, my way of dealing with an unhappy home life in the past.

i want to pay off my debts as soon as possible.

So do I, but as they are so large its going to take me a few years. I really can't go for 10+ years without spending money so have to be sensible. As I said to L above, it was just the way it made me feel when I realised what I'd nearly done. Clearly I needed a shopping fix, it was being bought in cash and at the end of the day £3 isn't so bad. Plus looking at the TCB website, it may even have only cost me 87p :rotfl:

Had a slight altercation with my OH last night we really don't sing from the same hymn sheet or even the same book.He was saying that his work is looking quite good at the moment( for the next month of so anyhow) i said great we can throw more at the debts and he said no way i want to enjoy myself.He roughly knows how much is owed as they are all debts he has built up( except car)But he doesn't see my logic in wanted to start next year debt free he would quite happily pay the minimum and let everything run its course.

Oh dear, they can be bothersome can't they.

Although our debt is somewhat down to me, a large part of it is also down to him wanting a certain standard of living and expecting me to match him when paying for holidays and other treats. He doesn't really know the extent of our debts at the mo, although I've dropped a few hints like how much we'd need to win on the lottery etc to be debt free. I think its like deciding not to understand how to work certain electronic equipment in our house, he chooses to keep himself in the dark about it all. At least now, rather than pre LBM, I can say I did tell you and I wouldn't be lying.

Good luck on your debt busting although I'm sure you won't need it as you sound so determined.

BFN Gx2 x

motto for today "Nothing tastes as good as Debt free feels"
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback