Return to Solvency

Options

Comments

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not much to report today except I forgot to post that letter and to book my hair appointment. Purchased a Groupon voucher in Jan, which expires on Monday and just found out I may have to go away this weekend for work. Silly, silly Granny. :o:naughty:

Must get on to it tomorrow.

Also got restaurant voucher that has to be used by Monday, so if OH not working double shift tomorrow/Thurs will make use of that. Otherwise may give it to DS and DDIL2B.

Another NSD today and should have 1 tomorrow and Thurs too as working from home office. If going to restaurant OH will pay for drinks as I paid for voucher. So that's a good week this week. :j

Will spend money this weekend but can be claimed back on expenses so not too bad, just hope it comes through quick as I don't get paid until the end of the month. :doh:

Almost finished the pink cardi for DGD1 and its really pretty. :D

Anyway, promised myself I'd have an earlyish night today and its nearly midnight already so night night.

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Just taking a break from work, having logged on 2 hours ago. About to make myself a nice cup of soothing peppermint tea because I'm feeling a tad grumpy today. I have absolutely no reason, that I can think of, for feeling this way, but even so!!!!

Note to self, cheer up you grumpy old mare :rotfl:

In an effort to cheer myself up I've just calculated my % of paid off debt since LBM and it comes to 6.718%, yey me.

I know my DFD is currently a long way off but like most things in life, if a thing's worth doing, do it properly, Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.

Having checked my noodle account yesterday, my secured debt is lower than I thought, only by £3k but better lower than higher. We have absolutely no equity in the house and no assets of value, makes me kinda wonder how I ended up in this sorry state. ;)

Not really as just how many pairs of black trousers and black cardigans can 1 Granny need exactly!! :o I could clothe a whole nation and still have enough clothes to wear for a month :eek:

Still lessons learnt, I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling Grumpy and didn't resort to shopping to cheer myself up. Instead I find myself on here chatting happily to me.

Over the last year, everything I have bought has been paid for in cash and my debts have gone down not up for the first time in 20 years. Yey me.

DGD2s birthday next week and I've bought her a pull along toy, a baby and a baby's high chair, all in the sales and put away in my cupboard so I didn't give them to her early and have to buy her something else. In the past I would have tried to keep up appearances with her other grandparents, who are 14 years older than me, mortgage free with none of my life's mishaps behind them. (oi Granny, now stop with the feeling sorry for yourself - note to self - virtual bottom kick.) No more silly granny, well on the money front anyway.

Just think by the time I reach their age I too will be debt, including mortgage, free, YEY GO Me.

There, now I've grumped away to myself, I feel a bit better and am off to drink my tea and get back to work.

Just thought of a sweet little nugget of advice I got from DGD1 on Monday. She asked why she couldn't stay over and I explained I had to go to work early on Tuesday. She asked why and I said to earn money. She said why don't you get some off Grampa, to which I replied because he hasn't got any either. Her advice? Well when you go to work tomorrow, get lots of money and then you can stay home and play with me all day.

Oh right, is that all I have to do, ok, now where did work leave the combination to that magic money pot :rotfl:

Anyway BFN til later Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• grannyx2
    Options
    Well I got through the rest of today, spending most of it feeling really out of sorts for no clear reason. :(

Now my internet has decided to pack in, for again no clear reason, so really not helping my grumpiness. Luckily got a wireless dongle, courtesy of work so using that for a quick MSE DFD fix. :o

Managed to have a NSD which was good as even though I haven't inflicted my grumping self on the outside world today, in the past I would have just online shopped. :)

Today, I worked until 8pm and managed to get a horrid time consuming task out of the way. May as well hide myself away in my office all day so I don't end up arguing with OH. Gosh I sound like a right mare today!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

I contacted Groupon re my hair voucher and "explained", (well ok lied) that I was unable to redeem it as I had left the area. Excellent customer service, credit back to my groupon account, no questions asked. :D

We didn't go to restaurant tonight as OH decided he'd rather go tomorrow, which annoyed me a bit as I'd rather have gone tonight to cheer myself up a bit. Never mind, got something to look forward to tomorrow now instead - see I told you I was still feeling Grumpy. :(

Stupidly answered my phone today, having emailed my SOA and letter to Halif*x. They rang to discuss my situation as apparently, (like hell), I'd defaulted on my agreement to pay. Well I ask you, how can I have defaulted on something that was never set up in the first place. Anyway, I've made every SO payment since notifying them of my change of circs last July. Eventually the lovely debt advisor informed me that her colleague had clearly read my data incorrectly and that I hadn't defaulted at all. She kindly set me up on a reduced interest, (now 0.5% apr, instead of 5.6%), reduced agreement for 6 months and confirmed the account will be sent to their legal team in the next month. Once this happens, it will default, which means no interest or charges can be added. There is obviously a chance that they won't accept my offer of £92pm but as its pretty close to the minimum repayment amount, I'm hoping they will. If they don't accept it, they'll get nothing as I've got no assets of value, live in a house in negative equity and would lose my job if declared bankrupt. So not really a good solution for them. :p

Actually discussed, (well ok talked at) the conversation with OH tonight and despite wearing a glazed look and making no obvious sign of interest or understanding, he appeared to take his head out of the sand for a bit. :eek:

Anyway, off to lurk some other DFDs and then log off this dongle and go to bed. Hopefully I will wake up in a better mood. :idea:

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »

I contacted Groupon re my hair voucher and "explained", (well ok lied) that I was unable to redeem it as I had left the area. Excellent customer service, credit back to my groupon account, no questions asked. :D

If you email them back and state that you don't want Groupon credit, they eventually give you your cash back instead:D.

Enjoy the lovely meal tonight, and good going on the Halifax negotiations:j.
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • grannyx2
    edited 17 May 2012 at 9:43AM
    Options
    Thanks for the advice G, I will go back to them today and chance my luck.

Thank goodness I have woken up in a better mood today. I hate feeling as out of sorts as I did yesterday, but it did have its advantages. Not only did I get that horrid task off my desk, I spoke to, (OK talked at, as spoke to involves some interaction from him) my OH about our struggles and took no nonsense from Halif*x when they rang.

Just found out I won £10 on the lottery last night. I know that I maybe should not play it but I only play 1 line, 2 a week and win more than £100 a year. I live in hope that I'll win big one day.

That £10 will come in handy this month and then I'll pay it back into my F&F pot for later this year when I get paid.

I got my internet back today, rebooted my router, and hey presto.

Anyway, more work to do. NSD planned again, I'm on a roll this week.

BFN Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• grannyx2
    Options
    I am really proud of myself, I've had 5 recorded NSDs in a row and that £20 note is still sitting snug as a bug in my purse.

Hoping to have another 1 tomorrow, actually I'm challenging myself to do as many as possible. Nothing like a bit of healthy competition between Granny and her purse. Before long, who knows, the moths might actually set up home in there.

Had another productive home working day, but logged off at 5 ready to go out.

Ha, plan foiled, OH decided he'd rather go tomorrow as then he can have a drink and as I'm going away early on Saturday, I can drive - Oh what joy.

Never mind, I've already packed a bottle of Rioja, (sorry Pinot, if you make your way over here), to take with me to keep me company and it'll be mine, all mine, with noone to share it with me. Sweet joy. :beer: me x

Not much other money busting done today, other than a phone call from my previous home insurance offering to lower their original price by £50. Ha, if you could do that, you should have done it in the first place cos now the Granny has gone elsewhere and got cashback and even more off for the privilege. :j

Finished DGD1s pink cardi today, it is so pretty I'm really pleased. Adapted another pattern, so its designer Granny. Still got loads of wool left, from car boot sale last year, so going to make DGD2 one next.

Oh well, nothing much else to report, so off to lurk on someone else's DFD.

BFN Gx2 x (or if Pinot arrives Gx3 :rotfl:)
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Grannyx2
    I found my way to you from Gargrave50 and just wanted to say hi.I get the feeling im going to enjoy reading your diary,we have a few things in common
    im nanny to 2 dgd
    i have an Ostrich for a OH
    and im in debt too.

I look forward to supporting you on your journey..
    I blog so if you fancy following me a link should be on the contact info by my user name.
    :beer:
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Grannyx2
    I found my way to you from Gargrave50 and just wanted to say hi.I get the feeling im going to enjoy reading your diary,we have a few things in common
    im nanny to 2 dgd
    and im in debt too.

I look forward to supporting you on your journey..
    I blog so if you fancy following me a link should be on the contact info by my user name.

Oh no - you two are in cahoots:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • grannyx2
    Options
    Morning Grannyx2
    I found my way to you from Gargrave50 and just wanted to say hi. Hi, never too old, or N2O as I'm going to call you from now on. hope you don't mind :) So nice of you to join me

I get the feeling im going to enjoy reading your diary,we have a few things in common
    im nanny to 2 dgd
    and im in debt too.

Nice to have company with like minded people as it'd get a bit boring in the end chatting mostly to myself. Although a real diary can't answer me back when I'm being silly and could easily get discovered. :eek:

I look forward to supporting you on your journey.. Could do with all the support on offer as its hard doing this on your own

Cheers for the beer, I'll drink it tonight, it's still a tad early right now x I'll check up your blog later x

Off to work now, just checked in to get a quick fix, all junkie like :rotfl:

BFN til later Gx2 x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• grannyx2
    Options
    gargrave50 wrote: »
    Oh no - you two are in cahoots:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

:cool:

Morning G, hope you have a good day today

BFN til later Gx2 x

OO page 2, how exciting :rotfl:
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback