Pix's aims, dreams and reality

Options

Comments

• Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pixnmix wrote: »
    oh dear. I really need an alarm clock on this diary to remind me to update. Having said that, nought much to update except...

i got paid today...... Woohoooo !!!
    And
    remortgage got approved today, woohoooo 2 !!!

spoke to my mortgage broker today and he said i need to return the solicitors info needed but that's a formality. I've missed february changeover but no matter. I have to wait till march but then i aim for 5th gear in sorting the op kick start :)

the balance transfer 0% on new cc is now all done and payments will start from mid feb. Aim to pay off £40 then and set up dd to do that every month until the loan is cleared. After that will cancel the card :)

can i just say to my diary pals on here...please stay safe and warm this weekend. It's chucking snow down here again. Xx

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T That's great news!
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    Thanks Lois :)
    Gettin there bit by bit :D
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bit by bit is all most of us can hope for. Speaking as one of the veeerrrrry long long-haulers, I can only say I HAVE to believe that little steps are worth taking, or it would all be completely demoralising. But it's true, they are. On Monday I shall be able to knock another month of my MF and mortgage-neutral dates. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    pixnmix wrote: »
    Thanks Lois :)
    Gettin there bit by bit :D

Absolutely brilliant news Pix :beer: AND when the thaw happens we can be the first scouring the streets for all those dropped pennies in the snow. We'll be rich I tell you! RICH !!!!:D
    Lois_E wrote: »
    Bit by bit is all most of us can hope for. Speaking as one of the veeerrrrry long long-haulers, I can only say I HAVE to believe that little steps are worth taking, or it would all be completely demoralising. But it's true, they are. On Monday I shall be able to knock another month of my MF and mortgage-neutral dates. :)

Hurray for Monday lois:T
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • pixnmix_2
    pixnmix_2 Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    We?? we????
    I'm locking you in the house Natty. Those pennies are MINE, ALL MINE! :D
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    Just done my money balance (a day earlier than planned) to get it outa the way and also cos I'm going to co**co later to get a few bulk buys. I only go there once every few months and limit the spend to £100 (loo rolls on offer, large jars of couscous for lunches etc), so I don't feel guilty about the spending really.
    I use an excel spreadsheet OH did for me, to do the balance thingy and it's really good. It tells me what I have available after all direct debits instantly and when I put in a spend in one column it updates the amount available. It's a godsend and I really don't know what i'd do without it.

I'm aiming to reduce my overdraft by £300 this month and am on target to do that. Plus overpay the mortgage by at least £200 and am on target for that too. If any unexpected bills come in I can buffer with my savings so all sorted.

T**co credit card is in credit and I now plan to start using that for my petrol from now on, paying off in full on payday, so I get Clubcard points. Setting up a monthly DD too in a minute for the new card which will be 12th of the amount owed, so by end of the 0% period it will be paid off and i'll cancel it :)

I am soooo glad I had my lightbulb moment, even if it did dim for a few months last year !!!
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    Good morning diary and what a lovely sunny one it is :)

Went to Co**co yesterday as planned and spent £61.00. Loo rolls (andrex no less!!) were £12 for 45 rolls on offer (that's 5 packs of 9). Got my couscous big jar and 2 mahoosive tomato ketchups that were on offer too. Went to T**co and did quick addups, which showed the savings were very nice indeed ta very much :)
    The other shoppers must think i've either totally lost it or living on the breadline. Picture the scene.. short, blonde middle aged woman stands in T**co with other shop's receipt and calculator in hand for half an hour working out weights and prices, while OH records the findings on the mobile :) Ah well, i'm happy. Added to that a £25 T**co shop to get yellow stickered bits and stuff on offer and I'm pretty much sorted for the month's groceries. Apart from fresh food - milk, bread etc.

Right, off to town to exchange a pandora charm that DD asked me to do and after making a big pot of soup for lunches and pudding for tonight's tea I'll be back to get more inspiration and smiles reading diaries etc :)
  • pixnmix_2
    pixnmix_2 Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Update and a whoops alert!
    I have been out and spent £22 I wasn't budgeting for. I really am not an impulse buyer but....
    Went into pa**ora to exchange the charm and did't see one DD might like so paid an extra £10 for a red glass one with pink hearts. Then, went to B*dy S**p to get some body butter to keep at OH's house for when I stay there. Saw a couple of other things and bought £41 of stuff...but only so I could get the O2 priority moments offer of spend £40, get £20 off. So, £7 over budget as I had only planned to buy the butter at £13. living between 2 houses though, I usually forget to pack something and I do use the body butter a lot so..got enough of all my toiletries for both houses for half the price :) Add to the mix that OH wanted to go into a discount bookshop, I bought 3 new paperbacks for £5. Should have been £24 for the 3 so a real bargain!!

Other activities have included stocktaking OH's 3 freezers. Yep, 3!!! He won't need to go food shopping for at least 2-3 months!! He has a thing about YS foods, but i've now banned any more of those for the forseeable :)

Also, and best of all i've recalculated my first potential mortgage OP for new mortgage.... £479! :T Decided to carry on the OP plan, instead of clearing the overdraft, which i can do out of my salary, cos interest rate is higher on mortgage than the bank charge :)

That'll do for now...**polishes halo**
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    That's a brilliant MOP pix:T I think you should be forgiven today's extra spends (which were all bargainitious spends really).

Enjoy the halo wearing:A
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    Thanks Natty. Ooohhh, just noticed you've posted the 100th post in my diary! You can have the next penny we find :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure