Pix's aims, dreams and reality

Options

Comments

• nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    That's great news Pix, although I did read that interest rates are forecast to stay low for the next four years, so just in case it may be worthwhile having another wee look to see if there are any slightly better deals out there?

PS. thanks to you, I am even more determined to have a balance of no more than 99K once my current product expires, as you are quite right regarding the 60% LTV position:T
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • pixnmix_2
    pixnmix_2 Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Ok it's mortgage hunting update time. and...**gulps**
    I'm committed for 5 years...but not to the deal I wrote about before. This one's with a different lender, at a lower APR, for 14 years, instead of my current 16. Its £30 less than I'm paying now per month instead of the other ones £100 less BUT it's a £99 arrangement fee instead of £1000. Well happy. It's only £6000 overpayment per year allowance but I very much doubt i'll find more than that anyway.

So Pix is sorted for 5 years. It's peace of mind being a single income family. If I can pay it off in total 11 years from now I'll be nearly 60. That means I can retire earlier than the initial goal of 65.

It's galling though to think I had a mortgage at 20 years old but due to buying a money pit and having to increase the loan amount considerably, then buying my ex out after the divorce I will have had a mortgage for 40 years!!!

Thank heaven I had my LB moment last January.

Oh and my new energy supplier has knocked £6 a month off my monthly payments. With the £30 less for the mortgage monthly and the £24 (so far) in the £2 tin I can overpay the mortgage by £60 in February, probably more. Won't overpay this month now cos the new deal starts in February so makes sense to do it then :)
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    nattypants wrote: »
    That's great news Pix, although I did read that interest rates are forecast to stay low for the next four years, so just in case it may be worthwhile having another wee look to see if there are any slightly better deals out there?

PS. thanks to you, I am even more determined to have a balance of no more than 99K once my current product expires, as you are quite right regarding the 60% LTV position:T
    It'll be a nice feeling to be in 5 figures instead of 6. How long do you think it'll be before you achieve that? Not long at all I hope :)
  • nattypants
    Options
    I'm so pleased that you have found a deal that your comfortable with pix - really great news:)
    I started playing around with my spreadsheet this evening, and had miscalculated previously as for some reason I thought I could 'hit' 99K by beginning of December - however unless I can pay an EXTRA £470 then I'm afraid it's not going to happen:( (unless I miraculously turn into Tilly overnight - in a Freaky Friday kinda way....in fact Tilly, if you're reading this and you wake up tomorrow with a large muffin top and no disposable income for another few weeks, then at least you'll know why:D)

Good going though pix:T
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    Thanks Natty, your posts always make me smile :)
    Well, the valuation's been done, legal bod been in touch and wants a copy of my buildings insurance so it's all good. Gotta send all the paperwork and payslips etc off on monday but it's all going through without them so far. Looks like i'll be able to start paying the new mortgage on 1st Feb and then will toddle off to the lender to get account number and sort code to start the OP's. Will update siggy thing when it's all sorted.

As for other news..nowt tbh. Just carrying on working full time and watching pennies. I did slip a bit the other day and bought some lovely sirloin steaks for 3 of us to the tune of £15! :eek: Ouch, but they were really lovely. I know I know.... it was naughty but it's not very often. Gotta celebrate the new mortgage in some way LOL

Oh and my ebay stuff finishes tonight. I've got one bid on one item (a rare collectors tin) that's 99p. Every penny counts. There's a few watching it so might fetch more.

Right, off to oh's house. We have friends coming over for dinner so need to get in the kitchen and make a mess. Back tomorrow with an ebay update :)
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    I'm ill!
    Not self inflicted, although we were up till 5.30 this morning talking, drinking, eating and generally catching up with our friends. Had breakfast at 1pm LOL Was lovely evening/ day but god am i tired now!!

OH's doing a roast but I doubt i'll eat much. WHy? Cos I've got the squits. Started about 2 hours ago and I'm having what can only be described as labour pains in spasms. 2 imodium taken so far and still waiting for em to kick in.

As for ebay, very disappinting. Only the tin sold, for 99p. But, that's 99p towards the OP :) Its free listing this weekend so relisted the 8 items that didn't sell. If they don't go this time I might consider doing a boot sale in spring. I've got framed pictures and other stuff anyway and my local boot sale only charges £6 per car.

Right, off to the loo again i go. TMI eh? Just glad I don't have a floating toilet. **smiles at Natty**:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • nattypants
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better pix, and the squitters have settled down:eek:

I have mixed feelings about car boots, but as long as I have company and it's a sunny day I can just about handle 3 hours worth:p
  • HelenDaveKids
    Options
    I always find you take immodium, no effect, take another, then cant poo for days..... As bad scalded as burnt!
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • nattypants
    Options
    I always find you take immodium, no effect, take another, then cant poo for days..... As bad scalded as burnt!

Calling Dr HDK.....come in Dr HDK.....
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    You could be right HDK. I took a second one and it settled. I might need to see if prune juice is on offer somewhere ;). Maybe the juicer needs to have an airing. Desperate measures or wot!!

Between that and too much party, not enough sleep, I'm gonna struggle today. Takes me a couple days to recover. Good thing it doesn't happen often.

Tonight its do my money balance, sort loose change into OP pot and early night :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure