Pix's aims, dreams and reality

Options

Comments

• pixnmix_2
    Options
    Getting my £30 back from "that shop". Just need to send an email with the transaction number and copy of my bank statement to Head Office, and it will be refunded asap.

Also managed to save £71 a year on my dual fuel tariff. Well pleased!

Oh and apart from a £1 pot of instant porridge (cos I couldn't get the usual from the pound store at 50p and and can't eat at 7am at home) It's been another nsd :)

Gettin there !! Off to make lunch for tomorrow :)
  • pixnmix_2
    pixnmix_2 Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Progress report: On Sunday I did some coupon clipping and managed to save £3 on fabric softener and shampoo (thanks Supersavvyme).
    Tonight, I have done 2 positive things regarding money management. I sent an email out to request the £30 refund, and with the help of my OH, put together an excel spreadsheet to track all daily spends for December. Aiming to complete this every month using the same template. So hopefully by end of December I will see where the money's going cos I need to make cuts to my spending pattern. Will chart the result here at the end of the month. Should be interesting, and a little scary !!!

Money vanished out of my purse today in the form of paying in advance for work Christmas meal out (£25), work tea money (£5) and lunch for next 2 days (£2.90), cos I'd forgotten to buy bread and fillings, and the salad's were reduced in M's. £2.90 would be the price I pay for a loaf of bread and a week's worth of filling! Lesson learned there :(
    Onward and upward....
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    No Spend day again.....wooohoo ....go me!!
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant going pix:T
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    Thanks Natty. I must admit, it's tough having this second wind of motivation so near Christmas but I really have to take control of every penny.

well, update....I bought a packet of crisps and a choccy bar today in work today. Total cost = £1.10.

Partner took me out for tea tonight (he had a voucher for £4.95 per person for 2 courses) In total was £19.95 for 2 plus bottle of wine and one bottle mineral water. Not bad :)

I have the week's fuel money stashed in purse, and also got email today from "the store" telling me that if I email them my mobile number, they will call me to get my card details to refund me the £30. Result! So will do that over weekend, as by the time I got my email tonight Head office is closed till Monday.

Hopefully a low spend weekend....ahead :)
  • nattypants
    Options
    Couldn't agree more Pix, I am really struggling this month with spends (of course it doesn't help matters that I do keep SPENDING:cool:)

I still have a few presents to buy....and have now reached and by-passed my original set budget:o

Your meal for under £20 including 2 bottles of wine is fantastic value:T and that's great news about your refund!

Enjoy your low spend weekend - hey that rhymes:D
  • pixnmix_2
    Options
    I wish it was 2 bottles Natty. That would have been one put by for christmas :) Who am I kidding!! Ok maybe to toast this weekend as they open the bottle at the bar ;)

I've decided to delay the daily spending diary till January, so it's more accurate to the "normal months". But still watching the spends. Not buying anything new for work night out on Thursday, but I need a new pair of black shoes for work. Only pair fell apart on friday so its a must, as they're beyond soling/heeling.

The moneysaving will go on...... :)
  • pixnmix_2
    pixnmix_2 Posts: 429 Forumite
    edited 28 December 2012 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Been too scared to post on here lately. With Christmas budget blown totally, I'm avoiding doing my money balance for December. I use a spreadsheet that last month was really really scary. But I've told myself that I WILL do it on Sunday. I'm off work ill today, as full of cold and to do the maths would be adding insult to injury methinx.

But as I'm sat here, I know that 2013 will be MY year financially, cos I can and will get on top of things and start overpaying the mortgage. Sooooo to keep me focused this is the list of to-do's for January:

* Do my money balance every week on a Sunday!
    * Sort my books, DVD's, clothes and general tat to sell on ebay/ amazon. Won't fetch a lot but might bring some pennies in!
    * Only use the tumble dryer for towels and bedsheets, and only the bedsheets if weather too bad to dry outside.
    * Re-stocktake and list freezer contents and empty 2 drawers before buying any more for it (and then only buy reduced/ yellow stickered items)
    * Do a daily spending diary (spreadsheet already set up)
    * Take sandwiches/lunch to work EVERY day, rather than being a lazy !!!! and buying it!
    * Use my craft stock to make any cards I give (this will also count through the year)

That'll do for now. It's a start. Crossing fingers I can stick to this. And hoping the money balance I do on Sunday doesn't make me panic!!!
  • nattypants
    Options
    Pix, re. spending diary - I have always found it difficult to maintain one, however since downloading an App to keep track I am managing to chart and categorise everything I spend, which had made scary reading at times BUT hand on heart I have finally cut down on the non-essential spends.

I can't remember whether I read on Tilly's diary (or a post by tilly on another's diary), however she mentioned that she never takes a purse or card to work with her to reduce any temptations. I'm going to try this during January, as so often I find myself sucked into going out for a sandwich......
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Good luck to you for 2013. I do know how hard it is when life comes along and slows up your plans, but it is good to get back on track. Good luck with the spending diary. I also don't take money to work and find I can often do Monday to Friday nsd that way. As most temptations are food related, I just make sure I are plenty of snacks with me!.......
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport