PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• msb5262
    msb5262 Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a DVD of American Beauty for 50p!
  • soon2bjobless
    Options
    Went my favourite CS - Salvation Army....

Got 2 cardis for me - nothing special but £2 each

Did get a gorgeous wine full length cord coat from Per Una (M&s) for £5 - chuffed to bits with that!

2 soup spoons - 5p each

Beswick cheese dish (for Crimbo cheese board) for £1
    Kondo'ed 76 items from wardrobe, 4 carrier bags of books
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,941 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today"s haul from the hospice chazza shop.....

Navy straight legged trousers, lovely fabric and quality, good as new £2.50

3 x T shirts, ( 2 x long sleeved in brown and dark red, 1 x short sleeved in navy) 50p each :)

Also had a bit of a sort out and donated 3 x bags of 'stufff"*

*Ahem...to make room for more chazza goodies :rotfl:
  • betterlife
    Options
    a lovely pair of choc brown dorethy p cord trousers, they fit perfectly! £4.55 and a NY navy long and thick scarf for my 13yr old son £2.50 very pleased :) oh and my little girl was wanting a squirrel teddy as she has been missing seeing them on our walks lately, and found her a lovely one today with a big fluffy tail for £1 she is very happy with mummy :)
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I always lurk on this thread its one of my favourites as I am a charity shop addict and 95% of everything I own comes from one :D

Thought I would share my absolute best buy of the week so far.
    Today I purchased a pair of UGG :eek: Boots still for sale at £269 for £19 !!! I have wanted a pair for ages and couldn't spend that type of money on a pair.They are absolutely pristine fit perfectly and I cant believe my luck :D 100% genuine as I did my homework while I was looking to buy some earlier in the year.
    So never give up hope of finding what you want :) One day you will find it :T

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't normally shop in CS, well not for clothes but yesterday I went in a local one to see if I could find some candle holders and bought a maine t shirt for £2, an eastex skirt for £2, another tshirt £1, which all look brand new and fit like a dream and of course the candle holder for 50p and two knitting patterns for 50p so a very profitable shop - very pleased and will definitely look for clothes again.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - nothing as yet 
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not from a charity shop, but actually an Amazon bargain (is that allowed?).

I've been stalking a particular out of print cookbook for ages, tatty copies seem to go for about £25+ and copies in decent condition can be £50 or more. I've wanted a copy for ages but couldn't justify the price.

A copy appeared the other day for £2 - I assumed it was a misprice and the order would be cancelled but snapped it up anyway and crossed my fingers. Well it arrived yesterday and turned out to be a first edition in great condition :D To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

This is the book.
  • got-it-spend-it
    Options
    mavvymoo wrote: »
    I always lurk on this thread its one of my favourites as I am a charity shop addict and 95% of everything I own comes from one :D

Thought I would share my absolute best buy of the week so far.
    Today I purchased a pair of UGG :eek: Boots still for sale at £269 for £19 !!! I have wanted a pair for ages and couldn't spend that type of money on a pair.They are absolutely pristine fit perfectly and I cant believe my luck :D 100% genuine as I did my homework while I was looking to buy some earlier in the year.
    So never give up hope of finding what you want :) One day you will find it :T

Wow, that is an amazing find! Well done Mavvymoo.

I wore my new chazza shop dress to work yesterday and got half a dozen compliments on it. I was feeling pretty smug that it only cost £3 :D.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/154508883/antique-loom-shuttle-hardwood-and-brass?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=sr_578e43b00eeea66be713acce2167b7b60b108144f8459deb3e2e67b4fe770fce_1383916788_14577117_bobbin&ga_includes%5B%5D=tags&ga_search_query=bobbin+shuttle&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
    I saw one of these this morning. Totally useless for today's lifestyle but I'm so tempted to "save" it!
    It's an old flying shuttle from a weavers loom. It's just a pie of the past going for £9.99 I can't decide, I clearly don't need it but I sort of want it.would anybody else here buy it?
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    Artytarty wrote: »
    http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/154508883/antique-loom-shuttle-hardwood-and-brass?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=sr_578e43b00eeea66be713acce2167b7b60b108144f8459deb3e2e67b4fe770fce_1383916788_14577117_bobbin&ga_includes%5B%5D=tags&ga_search_query=bobbin+shuttle&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
    I saw one of these this morning. Totally useless for today's lifestyle but I'm so tempted to "save" it!
    It's an old flying shuttle from a weavers loom. It's just a pie of the past going for £9.99 I can't decide, I clearly don't need it but I sort of want it.would anybody else here buy it?

I probably would, if it were under £10. I was brought up in a weaving village so consider it part of my heritage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport