PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm from Belfast and we have the linen industry in our past so I kind of feel the same.i might go back and waste ten pounds this afternoon.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I would have brought it even though it is not part of my past. It's just such a lovely piece of history.
    Slightly bitter
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options

I wore my new chazza shop dress to work yesterday and got half a dozen compliments on it. I was feeling pretty smug that it only cost £3 :D.

I told myself that once I was in my 30s I would stop grinning smugly and saying how cheap it was when someone complimented me on my clothes, but I'm afraid I can't.

I've picked up several really good quality hardback children's books that will make lovely Christmas presents for friends' kids (The Night Before Christmas, A Christmas Treasury, First Poems etc- all beautifully illustrated) for a quid or so each. I hardly every buy children's books new- charity shops are full of barely read ones.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Rachel021967
    Rachel021967 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter's 24th Husky.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,928 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today in the hospice chazza shop I found a Rohan lightweight raincoat for £1 :D. Given it a wash and a press and it looks like new. Best thing was it is a size S........and it fits :j
  • kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a gorgeous wool & angora hat for £2.50, great for this weather, and slightly amazing that it looks really cute, seeing as I normally look terrible in hats!

But my best bargain was a Monsoon embellished black maxi dress for just £1.99. :)
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • got-it-spend-it
    Options
    Picked up a lovely Austin Reed skirt for £3.99 today- they are £120-135 on the Austin Reed site. Just perfect for work, and will look fabulous with my brown boots.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • mollymunchkin
    Options
    Today I got a Yumi lace dress for £4 and a brand new H&M skater dress for £3.50. Both will be great for work :j
    Cos I don't shine if you don't shine.
  • verynewmoneysaver
    Options
    Got a lovely Red Herring Christmas evening top in Oxfam for £4.99. It is a bit big but I'll wear it under a shrug so I think it'll look okay.
  • MoaningMyrtle
    Options
    A fine wool cardigan with zip and hood. Basically a knitted hoodie. Purple.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport