PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wear whatever I want (together) no matter where it's from or what it cost. So long as I like it, can afford it (and am willing to pay for it as I just don't feel most expensive clothes are justifiable).

I like charity shops because you get access to a wider range of clothes, prices are normally cheap, and you don't (have to) end up wearing the same as everyone else. :)
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • charlies-aunt
    Options
    This week CS buys were a grey-blue tweed jacket and a cream baby cord country shirt embroidered with wildflowers on the pockets - £1 each from Age UK . :)

I mix and match full price and CS but only because I still have a few well looked after classic coats, boots and shoes from my pre-redundancy high earning/high spending days. :)

Rather live in the slow lane, embrace the OS frugal lifestyle and wear CS buys than return to stress of doing a high paid, high pressure job :)
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely little brass candlestick that "adjusts" so when you think there's no candle left, you still have a couple of inches in reserve. (Teen reading over my shoulder sniggering.)
    Was grubby and cleaned up to glorious as well as useful! (Yes, that *is*/was a hint.)
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :)

Popped into the charity shops today after timing it well with DS (he was pretty sleepy on the walk around ;) )
    Bought:

*Next Fairisle Boys Jumper £1.99 (its actually 2 years too big for my DS, but its in very good condition couldnt resist).
    *New Look Chiffon Blouse printed with tiny pics of dogs £3.95
    *Oasis Brown Polka Dot Top with pretty black lace detail £2.95

As always i saw plenty of other things i wouldnt have minded buying, but short of funds still for a few weeks.

Suze :)
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • got-it-spend-it
    Options
    I as getting CS withdrawal symptoms, so popped into one of my favourites today. Was not disappointed as I picked a lovely green polka dot dress for £3 and a lovely crossover top for work from the £1 rail. Also got four complete Peppa jigsaws for DS for £1.50.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all (again),

Couldn't resist popping back into my local shops today to pick up a pretty bird print vest by Cameo Rose £2.95 and a pair of maroon Topshop trousers £1.99 :)

Suze :)
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh! I've planned a trip to a local small tomorrow morning. It has war on want, Oxfam, and a cancer research c.s. I must try not to buy simply for the sake of it though, I find that a big danger.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • empressemma
    Options
    I often like to tot up how much my outfit costs, one of my favourites comes in under a fiver, inc shoes!!

Been under a self imposed ban, for about 3 weeks, but have spent the huge total of £5 over the last few days and bought....

Gorgeous next top 50p
    Very classy wallis linen shell top with huge button detail 50p
    Monsoon skirt (goes with the wallis top) 50p
    M&S dress 50p ( although after getting home and trying on, shop doesn't have fitting rooms, it doesn't fit, so will either get popped on eBay or will go in the clothes swap bag for a party in 2 weeks time)
    Topshop long line t-shirt for the gym 50p
    Topshop blue short sleeve cardi 50p
    Primark grey pencil skirt £2 ( used to have this skirt and loved it as it went with so much, but after trying to stride over a large puddle and it splitting right up my bum one day, it had to be binned, glad to have a replacement now, and no more striding, it'll be delicate lady like steps all the way!!!)

Happy hunting everyone!
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Good haul! I can never find anything in clothing under a fiver. Seriously.
    I don't mind paying more for good quality stuff though.
    I didn't buy anything today. Feeling a bit deflated about it ,
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • charlies-aunt
    Options
    Really pleased to find a nice pair of lined lilac patterned curtains with matching tie backs for £4 for DD2 bedroom from the Hospice CS

I [STRIKE]spent[/STRIKE] wasted £60 last year on a brand new pair of "thermal blackout liners" and a pair of silk effect curtains for her room last year but they looked awful, very stiff with no drape and the header tape was rubbish and quickly pulled itself into loose loops :mad: so very happy to be able to replace them today with a really nice set for only £4 :)

Also bought six large dinner plates for £2 :j
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business