Old thread: 2012 Forum redesign

Options

Comments

• babymoo
    babymoo Posts: 3,187 Forumite
    Options
    I switched to the new look a few days ago and must admit I do like it. However I now have to log in everytime I come to the forum which I have never needed to do before and when I press the down key on my keyboard rather than just scrolling down it shoots right to the bottom of the page which is beginning to really grate on me.

ETA: Oh and my pages are now soooo long. I seem to have twice as many posts on 1 page as I did before which makes keeping up rather annoying. This has only changed since Thursday for me.

Other than that well done MSE team.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Sorry, the fixed width still doesn't work for me, too much space at the sides, everything feels crammed into the middle.

Can i add my plea to those asking for the breadcrumb trail to be moved down? Its really annoying to overshoot a little on the touchpad and then get all the drop down menus.
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    Can we PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE have the little ticks back that show which thread we've contributed to?
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Testing testing on my ipad phew works same as old one (tesco ediet changed theirs and no longer works on ipad, but saves me the monthly fee so OS win :beer:)
    Ps red bit just me testing colours
    Pps what's the cross over link button? Not sure it's done anything but tbh dont tend to use on old forums)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Options
    MrsDrink wrote: »
    Can we PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE have the little ticks back that show which thread we've contributed to?

Just me testing quote cos also use that a lot :A
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Nessa56
    Nessa56 Posts: 946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Sagz wrote: »
    The change between pages is painfully slow for me too, very frustrating.

I would second that, sooooooooo slow almost given up the will to live :rotfl:

v
    x
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE 6 - MEMBER NUMBER 086 Special Star from Sue :staradmin :T:T
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Last week there was a link at the top of the forum that said 'Please test the NEW newlook forum we’re switching next week'. Is that a fix to the new look problems?

It still says it this week, what's happening?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well for me (using IE8) the new header is a complete mess!:

fegjya.png
    Stompa
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone from the "Powers That Be" at MSE (I'm a poet and I don't know it!) taking any notice of the complaints about how long it's taking for the pages to load? The changes that have taken place over the last week or so, have definitely not been an improvement.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    Stompa, what version of windows are you running?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure