Old thread: 2012 Forum redesign

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Maybe the recent changes cause page load problems with particular browsers or browser versions?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Maybe the recent changes cause page load problems with particular browsers or browser versions?

I use IE8.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Latest Firefox here.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    I don't understand then. I know I'm not the only one who has highlighted this, I wonder why some of us have experienced the slowness only since the change and others haven't.
    I have been told by MSE Joe that the slowness I am having is due to the version of IE8 that I use, it has a 128-bit cypher strength and unless I remove that security, I will always have the problem of slow loading pages.
    He went on to quote times for other sites but I do not experience the same problem anywhere else other than this site and only since the recent changes.

I have noticed that sometimes when there has been a longer than usual delay, it has been because my system has been blocking cookies that this site has been trying to plant, usually associated with facebook, twitter and google.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 February 2012 at 9:20PM
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    I have been told by MSE Joe that the slowness I am having is due to the version of IE8 that I use, it has a 128-bit cypher strength and unless I remove that security, I will always have the problem of slow loading pages.
    He went on to quote times for other sites but I do not experience the same problem anywhere else other than this site and only since the recent changes...

I'm afraid I'm not techie at all, so I guess I'll just have to put up with it, but I have to say that if I was new to the website it'd probably put me off visiting again. As I'm a reasonably long standing member of the forum, it won't put me off, but it will p*ss me off. How would you go about removing a 128 bit cypher?
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have noticed the MSE Forum being a bit slower (than normal) to load tonight. It seems to sit on the 'images2' server for quite some time. (XP sp3, Firefox 10.0.2, running MSE old-style non-stretchy rather than new layout)
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Krissy306
    Options
    I'm not that keen on it I prefer the one there's now
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    How would you go about removing a 128 bit cypher?
    I have no idea.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How would you go about removing a 128 bit cypher?
    I have no idea.

Stardrops? Over in the OS threads, they reckon it'll shift most things ;)
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That sounds like just so much squit. I understood 128-bit was the fastest level.

I have 256-bit IE9 and had no problems until the recent changes.

It isn't our browsers, it's the MSE forum that's the problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure