Old thread: 2012 Forum redesign

Options

Comments

• Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Since they've changed the forum, my phone browser can hardly cope. It was slow before on this site, but now it crawls, loading forever, and often freezing. More frequently my post won't go through or disappears trying. It's using up alot of my web allowance. I'm also having to try twice moving from one page to the next, as the first attempt takes me back to the same page.
    Why is this site so slow??

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Candy53 wrote: »
    ...Why is this site so slow??...

A few posts ago I asked if anyone from MSE Towers would reply and give us a reason for the slowness of the site since the changes, many posters have commented on it, but unfortunately, no one from MSE Towers has bothered to reply :(.
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    There's always been one of those, it's the little 'down-arrow' immediately to the left of any threads shown in bold (ie with unread posts in them).

Biggles

Well thanks for that, all this time I've been scrolling to try and find the last post :o

It's something quite a few people have commented on (in other threads) but you're the first person to point anybody in the right direction.

Thanks again.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Last week there was a link at the top of the forum that said 'Please test the NEW newlook forum we’re switching next week'. Is that a fix to the new look problems?

It still says it this week, what's happening?
    It still says it this week too, what's going on here??
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It still says it this week too, what's going on here??
    No idea, IIRC the message re 'next week' appeared about three weeks ago. Jam tomorrow?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Miss_TC
    Miss_TC Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    No, I do not lke it one iota, messages are split up too much reading how many posts the reply has. I am not interested if the have been here for eons, I want to rant on and on and on and on and on and on and on per abatem ad infinitum without it

Phew, got that off me pest.
  • Miss_TC
    Miss_TC Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Erk, just realised I have answered as the OH! Bullucks! She will never know anyway
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    So exactly what "week" is the default theme changing then Ian?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • spenderdave
    spenderdave Posts: 676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also puzzled as when 'next week' is...

I have always set in my options to use the 'old look, new masthead' skin and as such have never seen any of these new fangled things you all moan about. MSE looks exactly the same here as it always has done. Long may it continue...
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also puzzled as when 'next week' is...
    The message has gone today. And everything looks the same. Was the message itself another glitch? If so, why did it take three weeks to do something about it? It doesn't bode well for the other problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure