IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

excel parking ticket advice please

Options
karen_4444
karen_4444 Posts: 34 Forumite
edited 4 February 2012 at 11:29AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi, I recently drove into a local small shopping area car park in the Midlands as i was feeling faint and had excruciating stomach pains. I drove into a parking space, and went out of the car to find a toilet. My friend remained in the car for the 29 mins I was in the parking space. I have since received a parking charge notice for £60 from EXCEL PARKING to be paid in 14 days, and will go up to £100 if not paid within that time scale! Any advise from anyone please? Should I ignore, or write in explaining i was in pain and could not drive as Martin Lewis advises?? Please help as I am very worried about this but feel it is unjust as my car was not left at any time. Thank you.

Comments

• AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    What will happen if you write in?

Open Word > Select File > Rejection.doc > Open

"Unfortunately your appeal has been rejected. It is the driver's responsibility to adhere to the terms and conditions on site blah blah blah."

Print > Lick > Stamp > Post

Simply ignore Excel. You are under no legal obligation to adhere to their demands. Whatever you do, you'll be receiving 4 or 5 threatening letters, so seriously don't worry about it and get on with your life.
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ignore,, you will recieve nonsense threat o grams from,,excell,,then,,roxburghe(we have zero powers) debt collectors,,then the world famous,,graham (i am definitely not a solicitor) white,,,all 3 are part of the same scam,, i have a drawer full of loo paper from them all,,,all that happens is the red ink gets bigger on subsequent letters,,relax,ignore all the threats no matter what, under no circumstances contact them or engage in dialogue,,excell are scum of the earth,,they will not do court having been spanked on last two occasions,,,google,,michael cutts and victoria hetherington-jakeman,,see what happened.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Your reasons for stopping are irrelevant.
    The fact someone remained in the car is irrelevant.

On the plus side, though, their invoice for £100 is also irrelevant.

Ignore them completely. No excuse would ever be enough for them to cancel the ticket. It's all a scam. There is no need to feel worried, nothing untoward will happen, save a few letters in the post making idle threats. If you feel intimidated by them, just come back here, and we'll put your mind at rest.
  • karen_4444
    karen_4444 Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2012 at 7:08PM
    Options
    Thank you so much to The slithy Tove, bondy lad and Alexisv i feel a little better now, i will come back on when my next letter arrives to let you know what it says, and perhaps get more advice? Thanks again......does anyone know how i can post this thread under the rite heading?
  • karen_4444
    Options
    Hi again.......just one other thing that is worrying me...........excel have photographic evidence of my car arriving on the car park with the time showing, then another photo of my car leaving 29 mins late.......will this make any difference to the ignoring issue?? Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 31 January 2012 at 11:28PM
    Options
    karen_4444 wrote: »
    Thank you so much to The slithy Tove, bondy lad and Alexisv i feel a little better now, i will come back on when my next letter arrives to let you know what it says, and perhaps get more advice? Thanks again......does anyone know how i can post this thread under the rite heading?

karen_4444 wrote: »
    Hi again.......just one other thing that is worrying me...........excel have photographic evidence of my car arriving on the car park with the time showing, then another photo of my car leaving 29 mins late.......will this make any difference to the ignoring issue?? Thanks.

Both your concerns are already covered in our top sticky thread! :)

Read the top thread on this board - 'PPC letters & threats', find your letter, see what will come next, you can have a preview each time and just play 'PPC snap' with each matching threatogram. You don't need to tell us about each letter, we have seen them in advance and so can you.

And the same top thread also has a Watchdog clip with a fake PCN with a pretty timed picture of a car on it...spookily just like your fake PCN! Watch what the solicitor does and listen to what he says to Anne Robinson.

You just need to read some more information on this forum - always read the 'stickies' at the top first before posting on a new forum.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bondy_lad
    Options
    have sent two pms to you, but unsure if you have recieved either one???
  • karen_4444
    Options
    Yes, I have just read it...................thank you soooo much for your help!
    I have just googled Michael Cutts and Victoria Hetherington, very interesting.

Just hoping I don't have too much correspondence from them!!

Thanks again. Karen.
  • bondy_lad
    Options
    keep in touch if need be and dont worry.
  • karen_4444
    Options
    Hi all, I forgot to ask, as they have my car on CCTV would it stand up in court if they saw me driving the car into the car park or if they saw me walking out of the car? Just thinking in case it did ever end up in court?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure