PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi CHEAPY welcome aboard, Lyn xxx.
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello, girls, thanks for the welcome! :j Nice to "see" some friends. :D

Had a peaceful few hours whilst the littlies were out - love them to bits, but it is nice to have a spell of quiet now and again! It's been gloriously sunny today, so nice to be outside.

Hoping to start some new cross stitch this week; did a monogram for DD a while ago, want to make a matching one for DS then I can frame them and put in their room. Also have a part stitched thing I want to finish for my sister's birthday in the spring.

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Candlelight, I was always a dog person as grew up with dogs but OH had cats and dogs growing up and where we live it would be a shame not to have cats - we live on a 400 acre farm (not ours :D). As we work full time a dog was out so cats it was and now I'm smitten.

Two of the cats, my naughty tortie and Charlie's brother, miss him and spend a lot of time looking out the window / going out searching but Abbie the Tabby she doesn't like the other cats - she's also known as crabby tabby as she is so grumpy :)

Hi Cheapskate, I lurk on the toughie thread and the preppers thread so I recognise your name.

FTM, I can't imagine you being grouchy, you're always so positive and full of energy!

Charlies Aunt, it must be so heart breaking see people in such difficulties when it is not of their own making and tough when you know that people need to make changes to their lives before they get themselves in to deep but they can't see it themselves.

MrsL, hope baby Zebra and DD are getting a routine.

SM, AOT and VJsmum, hello! Hope I haven't missed anyone x

Had a better night's sleep last night and felt better this morning but am now feeling quite tired again. Just making fake takeaway for dinner - tikka masala and pilau rice - then it will be bath and early bed again.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Pleased you had a better night Kate, I think perhaps emotionally you are drained hence the tiredness. We both love Flora and the fact she brought her 5 kittens to us to look after was just lovely because I think it showed she trusted us. DD2 kept her son and found homes for the 4 girls so all of them are happy.

FTM I also cannot imagine you grouchy, anyway I don't think the girls would allow you to be grouchy because there would be lots of hugs and cuddles to cheer you up.

Lyn I am pleased you are going to see baby Zebra again next week you will be such a help to your daughter and you also will have lots of cuddles.

Sleep well everyone

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm so touched by your lovely welcomes, thank you so much :-)

We're expat Brits, we moved over here just over 2 years ago and it really is the most lovely place. Our household is DH and I and our 2 cats, one of which we brought over from the UK with us, the other we adopted when we moved into our own house 18 months ago as our cat had got very friendly with a neighbour's cat and we didn't want her to go searching for him.

We move work full time so our time during the week is quite scarce, but we have a little veg plot in our small garden which has provided us with lots of tomatoes and chillies this year. I would dearly love to keep some chooks but DH is not keen yet. We have a dream to move out into the countryside but are concentrating on paying down our mortgage before we make any decisions.

We try to live quite frugally, both to save money and to lose some weight, and we are both about halfway to our weightloss targets. I love cooking and baking (hence the weight gain in the past!), I always cook from scratch, I'm a novice at crochet and intend to make some more baby hats to sell during the winter, and I also do cross stitch. I do a lot more towards my crafts in the winter, and they get a lot colder than we had realised - houses here have no heating.... Some houses have a wood burning stove but ours would need council approval to install one, so at the moment we plod through winters under blankets and wearing many many layers.

Enough talk of winter tho, we've coming to the end of summer and the sky is a beautiful blue today. We have volunteered to spend our weekends helping a local vineyard bring in the grape harvest this year so we're just waiting for a call to say that picking has started. They pay in bottles of wine :-)

I hope that's enough to give you a little flavour about us and our live down here, I shall try and post when I can :-)

best wishes
    Hoglet x
  • hoglet121
    Options
    ooops that was meant to say 'both work full time' not move work..... :-)
  • flowertotmum
    Options
    Evening all..

Welcome to cheapskate..hiya..this is a lovely thread..isn't it bliss when the littles have gone for a bit..but lovely when they come back. Your cross-stitch sounds good..

Hoglet..it sounds lovely where you live..and you never really think of New Zealand as having a winter..well i don't anyway..you really should get some chickens..they are adorable..i love mine to bits..and fancy getting paid in wine for picking grapes..thats the life..

Well today i was very lazy..my son took the girls to the lottie and then he made lunch,washed the pots and then took girls upstairs to watch a film together..i curled up under the blanket on the sofa and went to sleep..woke up to a nice cup of tea and lots of cuddles off girls..they make me feel better...simon did tea..goulash out the freezer with mash..i didn't have any as i am not hungry..haven't really eaten anything since monday night..no appetite..and when i want something its too much effort..lol..so lazy..no energy really..
    Its not that i get grouchy i just get annoyed that i'm ill..so not a good patient..am going to bed in a minute finding it hard to keep my eyes open..

Candlelight di you go for lunch?
    Kate..your tea sounds good..
    MLW..give baby ezra a cuddle from me..
    Everyone else i hope your ok..
    Goodnight all..
    love to you all..
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    FTM Hugs my dear, you'll be better soon and until you are your wonderful and supportive family will rally round and keep your world ticking over, it's because you've done the looking after for all of them so well in the past that they now can reciprocate and care for you until you're whole again. Rest up my friend and take the time you need to recover, Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2014 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Good to "see" you all.

Cheapskate I always admire anyone who can do cross stitch. I used to embroider quite a lot when I was younger.

Hoglet I knew you would have an interesting post. I didn't realise there was no form of heating in homes in NZ, and that your winters can be quite cold. You sound quite self sufficient in the summer time, and I love crafts myself. Over the years I have done many, ranging from card making, sewing, knitting and dried flower arrangements when they were fashionable (they are not now). Please post when you have the time.

FTM yes I did go out for lunch, and very nice it was to catch up on the news. I only had jacket potato with tuna mayo, and still water with a dash of lime (I really know how to live):) but it was good. I hope you are feeling better now. DD2 is really poorly at the moment with a chest infection, so you should have seen me and Himself this morning. Went to A*sda with 2 trollys to do shopping. Went to DD1 to set her up for the day, prepared food, made bed, returned clean washing, and gave the bathroom a quick run over. Then off to DD2, who lives near to us,and whose DH is less than useless, took masses of essentials and a few treats for the children. She was in bed so filled the dishwasher, tidied kitchen, put shopping away, put bins out and fed the kitten. She has just texted to say thank you for the lovely treats and she had got her head over a bowl of olbas oil which she had asked me to buy for her. Himself is now fast asleep in his chair and I have just put a beef casserole in the oven. Last night I made 5 fruit crumbles to put in the freezer, 2 summer fruits, 2 apple and 1 apple and mincemeat so should last us a while.

Lyn your words of wisdom on the other thread mean a lot, I just don't know how people can be so nasty to someone they have never met. This is the reason I won't have a F**ebook account because people seem to think they can say anything if they are not face to face with that person.

VJs Mum I am sorry your daughter has another rejection, but she clearly is quite mature about it. It does seem to be a bit of a racket if you have so pay so much each time.

Kate hope you are feeling a little better today.

It is just starting to rain again and we have the threat of snow in the West Midlands this weekend, oh joy of joy (I don't think)

Anyway take care everyone.

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • flowertotmum
    Options
    Hello all..wow feeling much better today..had a great night's sleep and a lay in..got up to a clean house and everyone had had breakfast..washing was in the machine and girls and hubby were on the way out the door to got to the library...so i had a very quiet few hours on my own to have a cuppa and yay i had a slice of toast..actually wanted it.

They all came home and had lunch..so nice..we just played games this afternoon..hubby is doing tea tonight..sausages and gravy with mash..smells good so far.
    I have been very good at not spending this week,not that i had a chance too..

Candlelight..so glad you had a nice lunch out..yes it sounds very exciting..your so rock and roll..
    Am sorry your girlie has a chest infection..at least she has some one to help her..2 trollies in asda..wow hope you didn't fill them to bursting..so sweet of you to buy them some treats..
    How is dd1 getting on with physio..cor blimey your so good ..looking after both girls..bless you.
    The crumbles sound good..
    Lyn..i read the other thread and find it so awful that someone is bullying just one poster..i loved your post..so well written and powerful..well done..

Hoglet..like candlelight says i never thought you would need heating in your homes being in a warm country..

OOh look at that my hubby has bought me a cuppa..love that man..hoping to be back to normal tomorrow or saturday..had to think then what day it is today..it is thursday right?..
    love to you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts