PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options
1526527528529530532»

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I can have chickens, I asked the committee boss man yesterday :D There is a self made greenhouse and a shed on that plot. Apparently the holder has commented that he'll take his poly tunnels but leave the others. It's all a waiting game isn't it!? But yes, DH is I'm accumulation mode with regard to the pallets he gets when new kit is delivered. They bigger than normal pallets because of the size of the kit he buys in so they will be ideal. DH has been looking through my Pinterest for ideas on how to build coops and sheds.

I do have a home. I'm going nowhere. I'm near where I grew up but I have chosen where I actually want to live and been savvy enough to make something work for us rather than spend money on the right house. Ok so I have a yard and a bus stop out the front but I look at them as positives for my life. I look out my kitchen window and the fab hilly views are skewed by the allotments but it's those allotments that make up my kitchen garden ;) Positivity gets me through. What others poo poo I thrive on making stuff work to the point where I just appreciate. It's a cool way to live. :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    GO that Fuddle!!!
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hello all,

I haven't been able to read back, but I hope you are all well.

We had a lovely holiday, but then came back to no internet. Numerous phone calls to broadband provider and then telephone company. It appears whilst we were away we were changed to someone else's number and presumably they had ours.

Result lost all emails and many passwords.

Will be back soon, take care all

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Beggars belief when things like that just 'happen' hope it's on its way to being permanently sorted by now and that you have your internet access back.

Ruthie et. al went to visit Nell for the day, Orley can now roll over both ways (happened last night and he then spent 2 hours rolling because he could!) and Ezra now has a new favourite fruit which is POMEGRAN, isn't it funny how at 3 they never catch all of new word? anyway apparently he liked it so much that he had 3 bowls of the salad it was in for his lunch! One of Nells colleagues who had Theodore (Teddy) a week later than Ru had Orley came for lunch too and the babies chatted to each other and Ezra was super with both of them, I feel a lovely day way had all round.

It's been raining here for most of the day and the garden is looking much refreshed, particularly the fig tree which really doesn't like the dry weather and needs copious watering in the evenings. We also have greening up on the lawn and even the humans are feeling refreshed by the coolness of the evening, hope we all sleep a little better tonight as a result, that would be very nice too!

I had a success this morning, we went to one of the outdoor shops as I need some walking trousers for Iceland and I found a pair in the sale reduced to £16.99 down from £55 which are a perfect fit and they're a size 12!!! finally made it, woohoo!
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsLW (and anyone else who is suffering in the heat) - you are welcome to come visit me as you will not be troubled by warmth. It was a whole 13 degrees here today:(

My tomatoes plants have many fruit however they are shiny green and absolutely no signs of turning yet, there simply isn't enough sunshine for them. We had to net the Brussel sprouts at the weekend to stop Harry the hare having them for breakfast sometime soon. Hubby has constructed pointy mesh hats for them which were carefully affixed to the containers. I did actually look at them and thought that if he made a bigger one next year I could grow sweet peas inside it. Well, that would be if I could get the sweet peas to germinate - never managed it yet!

I have plans for the weekend, dry weather or not. I have cream carpets throughout almost the entire house (maybe not a great idea for a house in the country but I'm the queen of neutral) and I really need to shampoo the hallway. Our house is all on one level so the hallway gets a lot of traffic. Even with no shoes worn inside you can still see where the footfall is. I bought a VAX a few years back so I'm planning to get using it. Well, now I've told everyone here I feel obliged to make sure I do it so that should help keep me focused.

I'm off to bed reasonably early tonight. I have a cold and my lovely hubby pointed out earlier that my nose is "scabby and peeling". He's brutally honest but I wouldn't have him any other way. I think a large dollop of heavy duty moisturiser round the offending area is called for. I need to look at least a bit presentable as I'm in the office for the next few days.

Enjoy the heat my friends - from your envious, shivering chum in the frozen North:D
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Just popped in to say I shampooed the hall carpet. Looking much better and I had a day off today when it was warm and sunny for a change so all the doors and windows could be opened. I think I may have to tackle the bedrooms soon though, they look a bit grubby compared to the hallway. I knew this would snowball:o

Exciting news Fuddle, what's the estimated timescale for the arrival of the chickens?
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Quick hello from me . Not functioning too well in never ending heat and humidity , total alien weather here I want my wet and windy norm back . Irish , Scandi genes , pale skin etc were not made for this . We are sort of promised thunderstorms on Wednesday but having looked forward to them twice over the last few weeks and been sorely disappointed I'll believe it when I see see it .

SM I feel the pain re light and neutral carpets and furnishings , the whole oh the next room looks dingy now when you've steamed or otherwise freshened up one room is why I now only have carpet on the stairs and in the bedrooms . I have very good quality heavy linen/cotton jacquard sofa and chair covers downstairs which weigh a ton especially when wet . I've always machine washed and hung them outdoors twice a year but since the whole rotator cuff and ongoing problems almost a year ago I look at them and think not right now . Thankfully that's where throws are such a joy . I know the covers aren't dirty but I always like to give them a good wash and blow .
    I hope the situation at work is rather less worrying and you can have all the sun you want if I can just aim it north of the border .

I haven't caught up by any means but did note allotments and hens and a lot of other topics so will hopefully catch up at some point .
    I may never get back to the Fence as I seem to have missed countless posts . I worked out earlier my not being on the threads much stemmed from the Manchester Arena bombing which came a bit too close to home followed by other situations which needed attention .
    I don't intend to leave the thread ( unless like the snowman I melt in the heat )
    Sending the vibes to Candlelight lots of empathy on that after my protracted battle with both landline and internet provider , hope you're back online soon . One positive to come out of my experience was moving to another provider for email which at a stroke wiped away all the many firms I'd dealt with online even if once only who ignored my tick in the box and emailed me over and over . Even now they may be sending their wondrous offers into the ether but they aren't landing in my inbox anymore .

Anyway enough waffle , sending virtual hugs to any in need whether posters or readers . All the sun they can handle ditto . Someone wave a magic wand and swap your cold , wet or even a bit damp weather my way as I am sort of heading towards the brain of the sleepless which never goes well .

Take care all I'm off to stand in the garage which is the only bearable place at the moment .
    Much love
    polly xx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening all, just an idea but a couple of long running threads have been auto deleted of late as you're likely aware, this one has been running since 2012 and has 5,000+ posts, might it be an idea to set a Mk2 version running just in case? I don't know how to, I'm guessing one of you will?
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Evening all, just an idea but a couple of long running threads have been auto deleted of late as you're likely aware, this one has been running since 2012 and has 5,000+ posts, might it be an idea to set a Mk2 version running just in case? I don't know how to, I'm guessing one of you will?

Good idea - I've hopefully created a new one right here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72856557#post72856557
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    great work folks. I think it's great practice to start new threads in this way! Ill close this one to save confusion

New one here :j
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills