Hyundai i20 clutch problems

Options

Comments

• stephenluscombe
    Options
    It says that the clutch disc is covered. My problem was the clutch cable which i was informed is regarded as being the clutch disc and that it is all regarded as part and parcel. I certainly would make a claim.

I also complained directly through their website complaints process - I would recommend doing that also.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It says that the clutch disc is covered. My problem was the clutch cable which i was informed is regarded as being the clutch disc and that it is all regarded as part and parcel. I certainly would make a claim.
    The dont replace the cable on its own, only as part of the whole clutch assembly?

I would check that with Hyundai customer services.
  • stephenluscombe
    Options
    Yes, you are quite right - but what i am saying is that the clutch plate reference should also cover a clutch replacement in the first 24months even by the restrictive practices of Hyundai - I hate even having to say that name these days:-) It creates such inbuilt revulsion and hatred.
  • Kizza09
    Kizza09 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 December 2012 at 11:47PM
    Options
    I am a cheesed off i20 owner!!!I have never owned a 'brand new' car before as I have always used my husbands driving school car, but after seeing the warrenty deal offered by Hyundai, i jumped at the chance!! BIG MISTAKE!!! Firstly I have a 3 door version and after 2 weeks the passenger seat frame snapped. Waited 2 weeks for a replacement as they sent the wrong one!! The car has then developed a problem with the fuel cap cover not releasing unless there are two people operating it!! After much too-ing and froo-ing I have today had a new mechanism put in and touch wood it's looking good so far. My key fobs dont work correctly and today I was told that the correct software hasn't been downloaded to my car and fobs and that is why they are not working, and the bonus is that my dealer doesn't have the software, so now it is a waiting game for hyundai to produce the software so that this can also be fixed!! And to top it off, I started getting a very strange noise from my engine whilst reversing my car!! When I spoke with my dealer, i was told that I need to keep an eye on it as it could be the clutch bearing as they are wearing out very quickly. I have only had this car for 6 months and have only done 6500 miles. As I have had so many problems can I request a new car as mine has had endless faults and it is getting to the points where I am in the garage every week!!!I bought this car to avoid costly visits and time lost visiting and hanging around garages but I got it wrong!!!I really dont know what to do about the situation. I have never owned a car before (on finance aswell) so i am completely cluless as to my rights, but am i right in thinking that under consumer law, if a product is not fit for purpose then as the consumer am entitled to a replacement or refund??? Advice would be great on this.
  • AnnoyedI20Motorist
    Options
    [QUOTE/]...but am i right in thinking that under consumer law, if a product is not fit for purpose then as the consumer am entitled to a replacement or refund??? Advice would be great on this.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that Kizza09 is right. But I doubt very much that Hyundai will agree to that!
    It is very sad to learn that more motorists have fallen into the trap of the 5 years useless warranty for Hyundai cars. Looking thru all the posts on this site it seems that everything has been tried: Trading Standards, Small claims Court, contacting the Press, contacting consumer programs... Nothing seems to work. Unfortunate motorists keep on making the BIG MISTAKE of buying Hyundai cars.

I cannot understand why Trading Standards are not taking any actions. Simply advising motorists to go to the Small Claims court is not good enough. I thought that their duty was to investigate violations and prosecute. They have the knowhow and the resources to succeed. There was a time when simply mentioning the words "Trading Standards" would have produced the result of getting garages to honour their warranty obligations.

Trading Standars seem to have lost their teeth and the likes of Hyundai seem to know it.

I think that that the only advice I can offer to Kizza09 is to tell everybody about her trials and tribulations at the hands on Hyundai. Hopefully the knowledge will stop more motorists from making the BIG MISTAKE of buying Hyundai cars.
    ConsumerPower
  • guardianangel
    Options
    Hi All

Thanks for these comments, was just about to purchase an I30 this weekend and am now debating against it after reading these reviews.

T x
  • KTF
    Options
    Hi All

Thanks for these comments, was just about to purchase an I30 this weekend and am now debating against it after reading these reviews.

T x
    The i30 has different mechanicals to the i20 and its a different car.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    The i30 has different mechanicals to the i20 and its a different car.

Threads like this demonstrate to all that the so called warranty is worthless!
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • KTF
    Options
    espresso wrote: »
    Threads like this demonstrate to all that the so called warranty is worthless!
    Just because one model line has an alleged fault, doesn't mean that all their models have the problem.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    Just because one model line has an alleged fault, doesn't mean that all their models have the problem.

The way that they have treated many customers over this widespread design fault is disgusting!

T
    elling customers that clutch failure is down to their driving style is simply pathetic, their customer service is inexcusable and that does affect all models.

:doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure