MPGS - What's it Like??

1111213141517»

Comments

• My experience is similar to many others on here. I applied last December, did all the paperwork at the AFCO, then the Sgt Major dealing with me was made redundant. The new guy didn't seem interested. When I phoned in the spring and summer I was told both times to wait, or to ring some civvies in Wiltshire, who then told me to go back and ring the AFCO. It's been a year now, and nobody seems to know what's going on. Very disheartening.
  • Andyjr86
    Andyjr86 Posts: 23 Forumite
    I'm currently serving in the MPGS. I would highly recommend this job to any ex-serving forces.
    2014...Won a pizza so far
  • suvla_2
    suvla_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    I know mobs on our base have it tabs out , they work 4 days on , 4 days off (12hr shifts) think it works out nicely with leave as well take 4 days off and you've bagged nearly two weeks off hoofin for a job with little responsibility other than checking ID cards vehicle searches and camp searches I tHink not a bad wage at all still get to use gym and all the med bay dento etc still not bad I thinks good away to wind down or a nice quiet life
    #1799 sealed moneypot challenge- target £500 s/f £378
    currently saved £4500 target 10k :money:
  • I am a serving SNCO and, with my 24 year exit point looming all to large on the horizon, I am naturally considering my employment options 'on the other side'. The MPGS is certainly an avenue to explore, but I seem to be unable to find much in the way of information on pensions. My specific concerns are:
    • Would I still receieve my lump sum on leaving, if I were to transfer straight across to the MPGS? As they are still part of the Army, would I be regarded as not having left? My motivation for a direct transfer would be to hopefully avoid the lengthy application delays I have read about elsewhere on this thread.
    • Noting the above, would I be better leaving in the normal manner, then applying to rejoin a few weeks down the line but risking the aforementioned delays?
    • Would I be required to surrender my lump sum if rejoining, effectively rendering the second point moot?
    • Would I receive my monthly pension in addition to my MPGS salary, or would I be ineligible due to still being employed by the Army?
    My apologies for all the questions, but I have always found it pays to thoroughly research something before jumping in!
  • I am a serving SNCO and, with my 24 year exit point looming all to large on the horizon, I am naturally considering my employment options 'on the other side'. The MPGS is certainly an avenue to explore, but I seem to be unable to find much in the way of information on pensions. My specific concerns are:
    • Would I still receieve my lump sum on leaving, if I were to transfer straight across to the MPGS? As they are still part of the Army, would I be regarded as not having left? My motivation for a direct transfer would be to hopefully avoid the lengthy application delays I have read about elsewhere on this thread.
    • Noting the above, would I be better leaving in the normal manner, then applying to rejoin a few weeks down the line but risking the aforementioned delays?
    • Would I be required to surrender my lump sum if rejoining, effectively rendering the second point moot?
    • Would I receive my monthly pension in addition to my MPGS salary, or would I be ineligible due to still being employed by the Army?
    My apologies for all the questions, but I have always found it pays to thoroughly research something before jumping in!

Im not sure, do you have an RCMO?? I know for a fact there's a long backlog at the moment of over 500 people waiting to join...so it's not easy these days. They're getting more picky about who they let in, quite rightly!
  • Andyjr86 wrote: »
    I'm currently serving in the MPGS. I would highly recommend this job to any ex-serving forces.

Where are u based mate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport