»

MPGS - What's it Like?? - Page 15

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

MPGS - What's it Like??

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in UK Armed Forces MoneySaving
166 replies 89K views

Replies

• How long have you been out? As far as i m aware your 203 should be at Glasgowand you wouldnt have an interview unless something is wrong with your application or you have been accepted and you have to go in to sign paper wrk etc but surely if you had been offered a place they would of told you this on the phone???.

geord925 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not been on here in a while so thought I would give an update. Application was put in March 2nd 2012. and only just been informed that my 203 is finally back from Glasgow. I have got an interview at AFCO on 31st of this month. Still not sure what happens from here so any advice would be appreciated. My hope is that I have my interview and then fingers crossed I might get some kind of placement soon.

Hope all others with applications up at glasgow hear something soon:)
  • just had a little more Information and the fact my 203 is back should mean they have a vacancy for me or its came back and I need to choose somewhere else. I have only been out the regulars 12 months so Im keeping a positive mind. Feel like Ive been waiting so long to get into the MPGS that Im just expecting things to go pear shaped lol. Will find out tomorrow and will let everyone know.

mrskezza wrote: »
    How long have you been out? As far as i m aware your 203 should be at Glasgowand you wouldnt have an interview unless something is wrong with your application or you have been accepted and you have to go in to sign paper wrk etc but surely if you had been offered a place they would of told you this on the phone???.
  • EsoogEsoog Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    1.5K posts
    I once had to get a 203 signed off by the Director of Manning (Army) himself because a re-joined had be SNLR previously..it only took a month! MPGS is just crazy
  • mrskezza wrote: »
    You waited two years for a posting???

Yeah, I was offered one posting in the first 12 months and it was literally the other end of the country so had to turn it down due to personal circumstances. When I first applied my AFCO Sgt was top draw he phoned me every few weeks and bascially told me his feeling was that the Gurkha lads were getting preferential treatment and that he was trying to redress the balance as the other lads weren't getting a look in, so i felt quite confident at the time. Then he got posted and the fella who took over told me he didn't even want to be there and was himself worried he was going to get the chop in the SDR. I only heard from him once to offer me a position 400-500 miles away then nothing. When I chased it up the AFCO office i was originally at had closed and my application was filed/ discontinued, with me unaware. I still don't expect to hear anything soon, sorry if this sounds unpositive i just hope you have better luck than i have in this process.
  • Hello again everyone.

Just a quick update on my application. I spoke to my AFCO last week to get an update and my recruiter told me nothing but asked me to pop in this week to get a full update. I went in yesterday only to find out that my recruiter was on leave!!!
    I spoke to a satisfied soldier (young private soldier) who got my details on the computer and said that that nothing had been done or entered on the system since May!!!
    This proves that the AFCO does shy away from any work out of the ordinary and will lie at any given given opportunity to fob you off.
    I could not believe that I got more information from a young private soldier than my actual recruiter.
    Needless to say I have now withdrawn my application for the MPGS, I am gutted, but could not put up with it anymore.
    I do hope that everybody who is applying gets better service and/or treatment than me.
    *!!!""@*&%:mad:
  • I am so sorry Insignia to read this.

I do want to add from my previous posts (about Nag Nag Nag) that I have just spoken to Hubby again.

When he first contacted MPGS before we left Germany for our last 6 months he phoned MPGS direct at Southwick and continued to contact them through out his Nag Nag Nag phase. (plus others)

This was 5 years ago mind.

However, if it helps any of you, I googled and here are some contact details that may prove more helpful than the AFCO

Contact details:

Regimental Secretary
    RHQ RMP
    Defence Police College Policing and Guarding
    Postal Point 38
    Southwick Park
    Fareham
    Hants
    PO17 6EJ
    Tel: 023 9228 4206 or 023 9228 4564
    Email: [EMAIL="regsec_rhqrmp@btconnect.com"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Hope this helps some of you. I still remember the worry and uncertainty of those times.
  • Thank you jo jo

your information was a little bit too late for me, but I hope that it does help other people who are waiting to join. I am lucky because I do have a job, but I do miss the military life so much. Some applicants are waiting far too much and for no apparent or real reason other than 'there are 2 little old ladies at Glasgow dealing with it, they will get to your application soon'
    My apologies if I do sound cynical, but it sounds like these little old ladies need replacing, sacked, re-trained etc. I mean after all, we are talking about peoples careers and livelihoods here.
    The productivity levels and speed would not be tolerated in civvy street, so why do Glasgow accept it? I have heard that they are the wives / girlfriends / family etc of other staff based there and they will be around for a while yet!!!
    Good luck to anybody who is applying, you are in for a long wait...
  • well 5 months 1 week after applying when at the point of thinking theres no hope, a call :D he is in and starting december 3rd .. so it just goes to show that all good things come to those that wait... been a hard 5 months no doubt but all good now, even if it is to far to comute to and wont see him so often, that is the only downside... at least we live by southwick and he can come home during the course... so to those thats lost hope..... your call will come :D
  • ok question for anyone who is in already... he has to go into the afco next week to sign and do some tests..... is there a fitness test and whats in it... he wants to prepare cos he has got lazy lol
  • Sparky29Sparky29 Forumite
    285 posts
    sarahtxx wrote: »
    ok question for anyone who is in already... he has to go into the afco next week to sign and do some tests..... is there a fitness test and whats in it... he wants to prepare cos he has got lazy lol

No fitness tests. His BMI has to be under 32 as far as I remember (which is pretty generous!!) to pass the medical.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support