»

MPGS - What's it Like?? - Page 13

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

MPGS - What's it Like??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Armed Forces MoneySaving
166 replies 89K views

Replies

• mrskezza wrote: »
    Easy job if you ask me. Who wouldn't want to sit there on 35k giving out bull !!!! with a 9 - 5 job plus the lovely pension and married quarter if you would like one.

I wonder how quickly this new company taking over will process applications?.

Hello again

spoke to my AFCO again today, guess what?...no news!!

I then spoke to Glasgow, MPGS training, MPGS staff etc to try and find out some more information.

1. There are some real teething and cohesion problems between the military and capita staff. They do not get on or work together.

2. It does not matter where you put down for a choice, it goes to the bottom of the pile and gets dealt with when they get to it.

3. The MPGS training team are being changed around as well, so there is a delay in courses being allocated.

I then asked about my own application only to be told that they were still waiting for some paperwork form the AFCO and the recruiters pc to be switched over to Glasgow before they could do anymore.....frustrating or what !!!!!!!!

I know that it is not great news, but will hopefully explain why we are still waiting!!
  • edited 10 August 2012 at 4:08PM
    MissKittyMissKitty Forumite
    89 posts
    edited 10 August 2012 at 4:08PM
    Hang on in there Strung-out, I'm sure they will get to your hubbies application soon. There's no telling how long it will take, ours was 3 months from finish time in the army to start time in the MPGS, but unfortunately it can take longer, we were lucky.

I know how you feel about the agency work, we had the same, you can have work one day then nothing for several days or weeks. Is your hubby signed up to a couple of agencies? my hubby was on the books of 3 agencies, so when one had no work he would go to another one. It keeps the money coming in till your application gets through.

As soon as you get confirmation you have a job in the MPGS you should be able to go ahead and apply for an army quarter, which will be alot cheaper to rent than private.

Good luck, stay positive.
  • Yea i think a few people have been telling a few lies or bulls! I found out aswell last week from another AFCO that it doesnt matter where your location is or whether you have put down to go anywhere they will deal with your application when they get it so putting anywhere doesn't speed up your application form.

Chased up last week and was told that paper work still at glasgow in a pile with another 100 - 150 applicants and that it is waiting to be stamped to go to the next stage manning. I was told that they are going to chase up my 203 form and they will contact me next week once this has been done but doubt il get a call so no doubt il be calling them.

I was also told that alot of people are being turned down but they think this is to do with there medical and age but couldnt really say anymore.

Its really anoying as the ideal posting i want is St Mawgan and apprantly there are postings here as they are undermanned by 4 people but they are also waiting for Glasgow to do the the paper work to confirm this so they can get 4 extra pepole.

if i don't get any information next week from my local AFCO i am going to transfer my application to a different AFCO which i know will help and knows more information about the MPGS then my local branch does. He currently has 20 MPGS applications hes dealing with and he chases them up on a weekly basis which mine doesn't so worth transferring if no one pulls their finger out next week.

They also didn't know anything about an agnecy taking over or helping with applications so not worth getting your hopes up thinking that your application is going to go through any quicker.

I just hope i will popping open the Moet in my fridge soon lol
    insignia59 wrote: »
    Hello again

spoke to my AFCO again today, guess what?...no news!!

I then spoke to Glasgow, MPGS training, MPGS staff etc to try and find out some more information.

1. There are some real teething and cohesion problems between the military and capita staff. They do not get on or work together.

2. It does not matter where you put down for a choice, it goes to the bottom of the pile and gets dealt with when they get to it.

3. The MPGS training team are being changed around as well, so there is a delay in courses being allocated.

I then asked about my own application only to be told that they were still waiting for some paperwork form the AFCO and the recruiters pc to be switched over to Glasgow before they could do anymore.....frustrating or what !!!!!!!!

I know that it is not great news, but will hopefully explain why we are still waiting!!
  • Well two weeks ago i rang my local AFCO to get an update and was told no news and to ring back in two weeks time as they were closing the office for the day and were going to find out what is happeing with the 203 form. I was also told that it takes 8 - 12 month's.

So i ring back in two weeks............... Yes the person who was dealing with my application has now left and basically everything he has told me was rubbish or made up information to fob me off. They didn't close the office and find out about the forms?! They have never rung up for updates as nothing is logged on my file and they have no other information for me so were a complete waste of time.

So i have now decided to transfer my paper work to another AFCO who are alot more helpfull and know more about the mpgs as they are dealing with applications everyday so they are getting all my paper work transferred across this week and they are going to look into what has happened with my paper work and what stage it is at and i should hear an update next week.

See what happens now.:j
    Well two weeks ago i rang my local AFCO to get an update and was told no news and to ring back in two weeks time as they were closing the office for the day and were going to find out what is happeing with the 203 form. I was also told that it takes 8 - 12 month's.

So i ring back in two weeks............... Yes the person who was dealing with my application has now left and basically everything he has told me was rubbish or made up information to fob me off. They didn't close the office and find out about the forms?! They have never rung up for updates as nothing is logged on my file and they have no other information for me so were a complete waste of time.

So i have now decided to transfer my paper work to another AFCO who are alot more helpfull and know more about the mpgs as they are dealing with applications everyday so they are getting all my paper work transferred across this week and they are going to look into what has happened with my paper work and what stage it is at and i should hear an update next week.

See what happens now.:j

I have also received the same information from my AFCO (or lack of!) and they are unaware of all the changes etc, even though I have mentioned it to them.
    I have started my new civilian job now, which is really good.

I have decided to give myself and the MPGS a deadline, therefore, if I have heard nothing in 2 weeks then I am going to call it a day on my application. Some may say giving up, wait a while, or wait a while longer, but the not knowing, lack of assistance from the AFCO and the thought of waiting for another 4 months is something that I am not willing to tolerate much longer.

hope all goes well. Fingers crossed with hope.....
  • Hang in there!

Speak to the sgt major!

Depends how finacially better off you are now or mpgs!

I have also received the same information from my AFCO (or lack of!) and they are unaware of all the changes etc, even though I have mentioned it to them.
    I have started my new civilian job now, which is really good.

I have decided to give myself and the MPGS a deadline, therefore, if I have heard nothing in 2 weeks then I am going to call it a day on my application. Some may say giving up, wait a while, or wait a while longer, but the not knowing, lack of assistance from the AFCO and the thought of waiting for another 4 months is something that I am not willing to tolerate much longer.

hope all goes well. Fingers crossed with hope.....
  • EsoogEsoog Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    1.5K posts
    mrskezza wrote: »
    Hang in there!

Speak to the sgt major!

Depends how finacially better off you are now or mpgs!

If there's a WO2 in an AFCO, he's (or she) doing something wrong! I wouldn't talk to them personally :rotfl:
  • Why would you not speak to them?
    Esoog wrote: »
    If there's a WO2 in an AFCO, he's (or she) doing something wrong! I wouldn't talk to them personally :rotfl:
    Why would you not speak to them?

Financially, I earn just over the MPGS salary, but also have my pension on top, but quality of life and security does not not even compare, coupled with the military life again.
    I have spoken to the WO2 senior recruiter during my interview.

I telephoned again today and was informed that "its pointless me phoning Glasgow, they won't tell us anything different"

So, despite me probing for answers, and asking the useless recruiter to phone, and give me some kind of feedback, I am none the wiser.

13 days and counting before my application is withdrawn.......
  • Where are you looking to be posted? No many places up north and quite a few sw
    Financially, I earn just over the MPGS salary, but also have my pension on top, but quality of life and security does not not even compare, coupled with the military life again.
    I have spoken to the WO2 senior recruiter during my interview.

I telephoned again today and was informed that "its pointless me phoning Glasgow, they won't tell us anything different"

So, despite me probing for answers, and asking the useless recruiter to phone, and give me some kind of feedback, I am none the wiser.

13 days and counting before my application is withdrawn.......
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support