MPGS - What's it Like??

Comments

• mrskezza wrote: »
    Where are you looking to be posted? No many places up north and quite a few sw

Hello again,

During my interviews I said that I would be willing to be posted anywhere because I have no ties or commitments. I had to choose 3 locations so I chose 1 in surrey, 1 in lincolnshire and 1 in the midlands.

Even though I have said that I would go anywhere, and spread my locations across the country, I am still waiting. The worst thing is that it is not only me who is waiting and I think the problem will only get worse if nobody accepts the responsibility for it.

Still waiting...............
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mrskezza wrote: »
    Why would you not speak to them?

An AFCO isn't exactly a brilliant post for a WO2! You don't send your first team on loan!
    :D
  • Sparky29
    Sparky29 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Esoog wrote: »
    An AFCO isn't exactly a brilliant post for a WO2! You don't send your first team on loan!
    :D

The WO2s are the office mangers on LSL/ VENG Long having completed over 22 years and not on any Regimental/ Corps strength.

No tours, exercise or duties and every weekend off - Great post for a WO2
  • Esoog
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sparky29 wrote: »
    The WO2s are the office mangers on LSL/ VENG Long having completed over 22 years and not on any Regimental/ Corps strength.

No tours, exercise or duties and every weekend off - Great post for a WO2

Ah right, I didn't realise they were lsl, a strange beast..

Insignia, I'd give it a little more time if you're really interested. If you withdraw now and change your mind later you'll go back right to the beginning of the process. It's a long and frustrating process for most involved, perhaps several (or more) letters to soldier might help to get the issue noticed a bit more?
  • Esoog wrote: »
    Ah right, I didn't realise they were lsl, a strange beast..

Insignia, I'd give it a little more time if you're really interested. If you withdraw now and change your mind later you'll go back right to the beginning of the process. It's a long and frustrating process for most involved, perhaps several (or more) letters to soldier might help to get the issue noticed a bit more?

Esoog,

I honestly think that the issue does start in Glasgow, but it is not helped by the recruitment staff, who seem to use this as an excuse for any enquiry that potential applicants have.
    As for hanging on a little while, I must give myself a cut off time. Maybe it is the military in me where I want answers straight away, but we are talking about peoples careers and livelihoods here.

9 days and counting........
  • Esoog
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    insignia59 wrote: »
    Esoog,

I honestly think that the issue does start in Glasgow, but it is not helped by the recruitment staff, who seem to use this as an excuse for any enquiry that potential applicants have.
    As for hanging on a little while, I must give myself a cut off time. Maybe it is the military in me where I want answers straight away, but we are talking about peoples careers and livelihoods here.

9 days and counting........
    #
    Oh yeah, it certainly is Glasgow - I don't know now Capita have got involved - but in a previous job I used to deal with desk clerks at APC all the time, for the MPGS there will be like five people for the whole country; that's why it takes so long. Imagine if you had afcos ringing you constantly asking about people, I bet they spend half their time answering the phone. Maybe Crapita will be able to assign a decent number of staff?
  • Sparky29
    Sparky29 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Esoog wrote: »
    #
    Oh yeah, it certainly is Glasgow - I don't know now Capita have got involved - but in a previous job I used to deal with desk clerks at APC all the time, for the MPGS there will be like five people for the whole country; that's why it takes so long. Imagine if you had afcos ringing you constantly asking about people, I bet they spend half their time answering the phone. Maybe Crapita will be able to assign a decent number of staff?

Capita haven't got involved yet - take over fully in March 2013.
    At APC 2 nice helpful lady civil servants were manning the post before the increased workload - now they still have the same 2 ladies getting snowed under. And yes they don't answer the phones and only deal with e-mails because they are struggling. Overworked and undermanned.
  • Well I'll throw my 10p in again, I haven't heard 'Jack' from my AFCO yet, regarding my new application (April 2012) this was after it became apparent they 'filed' my previous application without informing/asking me if i still wished to pursue a career in the MPGS, which was at 2 years old by march 2012. I was reading the latest RMP Journal the other day which said 176 MPGS had been recruited so far out of the current budget, they'd hoped to reach a level of 700 but appear unsure if they can at the moment & if they still have the available dosh which was agreed?? It also mentioned that they (AGC)continue to lobby the MOD about the many roles the MPGS can fulfill and the potential to further develop the role with extra skills/responsibilites..whatever that will mean in the long term I haven't a clue?? I hope this helps.
  • Hi all,

Not been on here in a while so thought I would give an update. Application was put in March 2nd 2012. and only just been informed that my 203 is finally back from Glasgow. I have got an interview at AFCO on 31st of this month. Still not sure what happens from here so any advice would be appreciated. My hope is that I have my interview and then fingers crossed I might get some kind of placement soon.

Hope all others with applications up at glasgow hear something soon:)
  • mrskezza
    mrskezza Posts: 27 Forumite
    You waited two years for a posting???

Jim2509 wrote: »
    Well I'll throw my 10p in again, I haven't heard 'Jack' from my AFCO yet, regarding my new application (April 2012) this was after it became apparent they 'filed' my previous application without informing/asking me if i still wished to pursue a career in the MPGS, which was at 2 years old by march 2012. I was reading the latest RMP Journal the other day which said 176 MPGS had been recruited so far out of the current budget, they'd hoped to reach a level of 700 but appear unsure if they can at the moment & if they still have the available dosh which was agreed?? It also mentioned that they (AGC)continue to lobby the MOD about the many roles the MPGS can fulfill and the potential to further develop the role with extra skills/responsibilites..whatever that will mean in the long term I haven't a clue?? I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure