MSE Newborn to 1 year Baby Club 1

Options

Comments

• emmylou83_2
    emmylou83_2 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    Well I guess none of us r gonna be the British answer to the Duggars! lol Must say tho, i think they r just being selfish now by having more, poor baby Josie was so prem and poorly, then baby Jubilee was still born, surely they must think its Gods way of saying enough is enough? Or even that the mums body has had enough!
    And yes, i also understand its different for everyone. I am so grateful that I was able to have 3, soon to be 4 gorgeous babies. I had my first when I had just turned 19, so guess time was on my side. DH mum went on to have a 4th when she was 41 tho! xx
    Mummy to 3 beautiful GIRLS, 9, 7 and 3, :D and a handsome lil BOY 03.03.12 :T
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suppose I'm lucky in that aspect, I'm 23, so do have a lot of time to decide what I want to do, although I wouldn't want too big a gap. There is 18 months between my OH and his brother and his mum said she had another one "so he'd have someone to play with" :rotfl: but then on the other hand, told me a few days ago, "don't go falling pregnant soon after this one, it's a nightmare" :rotfl:
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    Options
    Kira000 wrote: »
    In theory, i think DH and I both think 2 is a better number than 1... But as i said before, this pregnancy has been so horrible, i cant think about another right now- and i dont know how i would cope with another 9 months like this, with the added difficulty of a small person already. Plus, time is not on our side, work/career/money wise, it would be very difficult for me to be off in the next 2 years, and being 36 already, leaving it 2 years is pushing our luck. I guess we will have to suck it and see..

my pregnancy sucked but now she is here i have forgotten about all the pain and discomfort! :o
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    Options
    oh just a tip for you mew mummies i asked on the other thread if anyone had some next sleepsuits to sell me and got loads of messages in responce so if you need something try asking on there
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • alison2020
    alison2020 Posts: 239 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2012 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Think the midwife situation is very different here in Northern Ireland. I had a midwife visit almost every day for ten days, then an alternating midwife and health visitor every few days until Daniel was 4 weeks. It was great as I was having issues with his lack of weight gain and every visit helped me a bit more with breast feeding. I didn't get to keep my notes but other council areas here give the notes back to the mum to keep.

Cheers for the tip Jenjade. Though I got a huge bundle of 6-9 month baby boy clothes for just £10 on ebay, couldn't have afforded to buy them. Mind you, I'm hoping to get a bit more than that for my newborn blue next stuff when I get round to selling them. I'm getting rid of all my maternity and baby stuff so I don't get even broodier and change my mind!
    First Baby born January 2007
    Second Baby born September 2011 :j
  • emmylou83_2
    emmylou83_2 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    When i had DD3 ( in southampton) my midwife was lovely and kept seeing me every few days until she HAD to discharge me at 6 weeks! She did the same with DD2, purey as we were moving house when she was 2 weeks old and she wanted to check i wasnt over doing it!
    Really worried about it up here tho, alot of people have told me that they only see u a few times, then hand u over to health vistor, who u have to make an app to go see. There isnt even a drop in clinic anywhere. Dont even like the health visitor, saw her once when we first moved here as i requested to see her, and not heard a dicky bird since. They dont even do the checks at 8 months, 18 months and 3 yrs etc up here, just send u a leaflet saying "can ur child do this?" Meh, baby number 4, i`m sure we`ll be fine, really feel for those having number 1 tho! x
    Mummy to 3 beautiful GIRLS, 9, 7 and 3, :D and a handsome lil BOY 03.03.12 :T
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    Options
    freecycle is great for baby bits, ive only bought samuel 1 pack of xmas baby grows and a couple of packs of scratch mitts and im sorted till he is about 18 months at the mo lol. mind you i expected a lot of stuff of my brother and partner as thier 2 youngest are boys but havent been offered anything.
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    Options
    freecycle is great for baby bits, ive only bought samuel 1 pack of xmas baby grows and a couple of packs of scratch mitts and im sorted till he is about 18 months at the mo lol. mind you i expected a lot of stuff of my brother and partner as thier 2 youngest are boys but havent been offered anything.

:eek: that's terrible. What are they doing with it all? Unless they're planning another? :p
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    jenjade wrote: »
    oh really important question when do they take your notes away? i want to scan the infor about my labour etc before they take them

The midwife will take them from you when you are discharged from their care and handed over to the HV. It's either 10 or 14 days. I got annoyed reading my notes as they kept writing "breastfeeding beautifully" every time which they visited which was complete nonsense as I wasn't and it was very stressful. I don't rate the community midwives around here very much. I was discharged from hospital the same day I gave birth which I don't mind as I didn't want to have to stay overnight. They were meant to come round and see me the next day but didn't, and I didn't have a clue what I was doing with the BF'ing. Rant over :)

I am INSANELY broody at the moment. This feeling is not going away. I told DH the other night that I want another baby and he didn't say anything. He didn't say no either, so not all bad :)

My top tip for post birth is: however many packs of maternity pads you have, get another couple of packs! It really is like sitting on glass otherwise for a good week :o

Oh and Kira, I didn't have any BH throughout my pregnancy at all - fingers crossed the RLT works as well for you as it did for me :)
  • vroombroom
    vroombroom Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    away for a few days and a new thread, muchos confusing!
    Can I still post in here and the parents thread? God I bet I duplicate loads!! Omg what if I get preggers again - can I post in all 3? :D

Hi Wendy, did you have a nice Xmas? Did Poppy get spoilt! x
    :j:jOur gorgeous baby boy born 2nd May 2011 - 12 days overdue!!:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family