MSE Newborn to 1 year Baby Club 1

Options

Comments

• Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    ooo shiny . . . . .

HELLO!!!!! :o

not read back (So sorry!!) I will try and catch up at some point today.

Well not going into who II am or who the LO is etc because you all flipping know lol

Off on our first family outing later to the good old Mr T! should be..... interesting? lol

Hope you and babies are all ok - we had an AMAZING night last night - 3 feed's and over 8 hours sleep (Dont expect that to last!!)

Need to start informing people Amy is here (So far i have CB, WTC/CTC, Landlord, Council. . . . . any one else??)

Lots of love - us! xx
  • alison2020
    Options
    Kira000 wrote: »
    welcome MrsGiggly ! What a lovely name Evangeline is
    I love the name: mrs Giggly:D Evangeline is a very pretty name too. congratulations on your new arrival!

Poor lirin. Persevere if you can! Nipple shields make a HUGE difference and lots of lansinoh too. It's easier once you get to 4-6 weeks. As you know I stopped at 5 weeks due to low milk supply which was hard as I had got past the pain and most other issues. Have you spoken to a breast feeding coordinator or some of the breast feeding helplines?
    #hugs# Its very emotional when feeding isn't going well, but at least you know you have given it a go. Hope you get back to your normal self soon!!!
    First Baby born January 2007
    Second Baby born September 2011 :j
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    Options
    ok some one tell me im being mad please.
    we have 3 boys now, 12, 9 and 3 months and am now broody again. huby just keeps laughing at me saying he will have to build an extra room. he makes some valid points about affordability ie for holidays and days out etc and i do see the sense in it but it doesnt stop me being broody and i know i can talk him into it if i really want to. personally ithink he is just worried because he will be 47 next week and the broken sleep with samuel has really mad him tired the last few months, even though im the one that gets up to him.
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • alison2020
    Options
    I can sympathise Mirror. I feel very broody at the moment, I think it's cos I'm so in love with my new wee man! However, I have absolutely no intention of having any more kids. On the pill and getting the coil fitted ASAP. My OH is 47 this year too, funnily enough, but my main reason is that I think I would struggle with 3 kids, especially if 2 were close together. Plus I don't want to go through another pregnancy and labour :D (money costs and house/car size are issues but not ones that would outweight the decision ti have more kids IMHO)
    I do know that I'm really going to miss having a wee baby about, so I'm trying to make the most of him, which makes the very interrupted nights sleeps much easier to bear.
  • mirrorimage0
    Options
    i think i feel a bit guilty too as the other 2 boys are so much older i feel like samuel wont have anyone to grow up with., the pregnancy i just went through was the worst of all 5 of them so dont really want to do that again either.

maybe its like you said , every time i look at him i fall a bit more in love and just dont want him to change. ( well maybe o sleep eter of a night lol) he has another cold at the moment. thats the second one since he has been born, thought breastfed babies were meant to be well
  • emmylou83_2
    emmylou83_2 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    DL, all 3 of my girls have had terrible reflux and projectile vominting. They were all on Gaviscon and DD3 was on a prescription formula called Nutramigin. Vile smeeling stuff, its so watery too, at 6 weeks old she was on 8oz bottles every 2-3 hours!! Hoping this baby will be different and will all be alot easier :/ x
    Mummy to 3 beautiful GIRLS, 9, 7 and 3, :D and a handsome lil BOY 03.03.12 :T
  • alison2020
    alison2020 Posts: 239 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2012 at 11:54AM
    Options
    It depends. Do you think you will regret not having any more? I think I will a bit but I want to keep my 'me' time, and my career, and having more kids will affect both those things.
    Though being a woman I reserve the right to change my mind :rotfl:

Emmylou, hope your baby boy will be less refluxy for you. As I was reading your post Daniel just boked his milk all over himself. He is on hungry baby milk now so it usually stays down. Can't wait til he goes onto solids. He managed 7 x 8oz bottles yesterday, so maybe it will be sooner rather than later.
  • mirrorimage0
    Options
    oohh emmylou83 seeing as your having number 4 and im broody lol what when it comes to number 4 do you feel if anything you will be doing without or compromising on, (whats the ages of yor girls if you dont mind me asking) and did you carry on because you wanted to try for a boy or just because you wanted another child. sorry if im being to personal .
  • mirrorimage0
    Options
    alison2020 wrote: »
    It depends. Do you think you will regret not having any more? I think I will a bit but I want to keep my 'me' time, and my career, and having more kids will affect both those things.
    Though being a woman I reserve the right to change my mind :rotfl:

mmmm i used that one with samuel. told hubby i would regret not having another one, not sure if it will sway him this time lol

my me time will be out the window but my job is ok im where i want to be in it, it will e me going back to work and hubby probably being house husband for a while
  • Doglover
    Doglover Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Options
    Emmylou...not sure if you're brave or mad! 3 reflux babes and preg again!!

My LO was on nutramigen briefly but got moved onto neocate. I'm lucky to get 6 5oz bottles down him. In fact he's dropped down to 2 or 3 oz at the mo presumably because of his cold. He also has omeprazole and domperidone as well as gaviscon. Originally I wanted another babe but I'm not sure I could manage. You must be brill!

Have you got any inspiration for when there'll be some improvement??! The paed got me to try weaning at 14 (OMG yes 14!!!!) weeks. LO had tummy pains so I stopped after a few days. Going to have another go when he hits 5 months.

Sorry everyone else, didn't mean for this to turn into a reflux moan!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure