MSE Newborn to 1 year Baby Club 1

Options

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We only saw the midwife 3 times after Poppy was born. We were in hospital till she was 4 days old then the midwife came a couple of times (apprently i would have had to go to them the second time if i hadn't had a c section!) , then at 10 days we had to go to drop in midwife clinic and got discharged. Only had a visit from hv once although i took her to get weighed often so could ask any questions i had.

Poppy has always been a snacky baby, she fed a lot when she was smaller, at least every couple of hours although she would go longer at night.
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh really important question when do they take your notes away? i want to scan the infor about my labour etc before they take them
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2012 at 2:42PM
    Options
    I'm broody already and I've not even had my baby yet :eek: :o

for me the choice is always gonna be 2 or 4. On wise advice for my MIL, 3 is an uneven number and she didn't feel complete with 3. I was basically an only child, I had a half brother who was older than me, but didn't live with us, and I hated it, I always wanted a sibling, and would hate for my wee baby to be an only one, it's horrible growing up, well it was for me, as friends etc do go on holiday in summer and you're left on your own.

Edit: Obviously though for some people the choice is taken away from them through age/medical problems/bad pregnancy etc. Realised I sounded abit preachy there :o
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jenjade they took mine away at 10 days. I was told i should read the notes from my labour in case i had any questions after by a nice midwife during labour but was in too much of a daze after to remember.

I want 2 or 3 but won't be trying for next one till after we get married now which will hopefully be next year.
  • emmylou83_2
    emmylou83_2 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    Gilly, I was an only child, and dont know who my dad is. My mum died 3 weeks after my 18th birthday, so always said i`d never have just the 1 baby. Dh only ever wanted 1 tho! He was middle child and hated it. He had a brother (18 months older) so they were very close, but a younger sister who got all the mums attention, and he is basically a stranger to her now. Dh brother died in oct, so he has found that very very hard, and as an only child I havent a clue what he is going thru. So anyway, that ruled out the 3 kids for us in the end too, as DH didnt like being 2 of 3! xx
    Mummy to 3 beautiful GIRLS, 9, 7 and 3, :D and a handsome lil BOY 03.03.12 :T
  • little_angel_2
    Options
    i didn't get to see my labour notes at all, would love to have done as well, i only got my notes from my hospital stay.

Gilly - your situation sounds very similar to mine, i have 3 much older half siblings so i was basically an only child and it was very lonely at times.
  • Gillyx
    Options
    My OH is one of 4, and doesn't seem bothered either way :rotfl: He said he wants 3, but I don't want a middle child, so I've said it's 2 or 4. I love how family orientated him and his siblings are, they're not materialistic in the slightest, whereas I feel my mum and dad (not slating them here) just sort of threw money sometimes at me, especially as I got a bit older as it was the easiest option, also most only children I know are spoilt, not always with money, but attention and obviously it's easy done, if you only have one.
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • Kira000
    Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Options
    In theory, i think DH and I both think 2 is a better number than 1... But as i said before, this pregnancy has been so horrible, i cant think about another right now- and i dont know how i would cope with another 9 months like this, with the added difficulty of a small person already. Plus, time is not on our side, work/career/money wise, it would be very difficult for me to be off in the next 2 years, and being 36 already, leaving it 2 years is pushing our luck. I guess we will have to suck it and see..
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)
  • emmylou83_2
    emmylou83_2 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    I`m sure i would have felt alot different about things had I known my Dad, but I`ll never know now who he is, as theres no one to tell me! I loved being an only child growing up i must admit, i never missed out on anything by not having siblings! It was just the being an adult, as I`ve never been close to cousins or anything, and just felt "lost" i guess when my mum did die. xx
    Mummy to 3 beautiful GIRLS, 9, 7 and 3, :D and a handsome lil BOY 03.03.12 :T
  • Gillyx
    Options
    I understand it's different for everyone btw, I feel like I'm coming across pushy etc (that's not how it's intended), and that not everyone has the luxury of being able to just decide yes I want 3, and fall pregnant exactly when they want, and have a perfect pregnancy and labour and everything is wonderful :rotfl: if only...

I'm not even sure I'll be blessed again, I guess noone is :o we don't know what the future holds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure