Options
Kira000
Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
edited 18 January 2012 at 12:57AM in Marriage, relationships & families
MSE Newborn to 1 year Baby Club 1

This is sister thread of the MSE Pregancy Thread 23/24

Speech-Mark-Left.gifOfficial MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 06 Bailey started the thread "Pregnancy Club" to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be, and now also has related threads for those Waiting to TTC, 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward) , Less than 12 weeks pregnant and 12-24 weeks pregnant.

The new thread is designed as a result of requests from third Trimester ladies, to bridge across between the fast moving Pregnancy Club, and the all ages Parents thread, providing specific extra support and MSE advice for the hectic and anxious new born to first year period. Whether its your first baby and you need some reassurance, or you are an old hand and have advice to share, all are welcome!

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list on the various threads giving key information about their stage.

For this thread, if you would like to join the list, we suggest adding the following information
  • Baby Arrival date
  • Boy/Girl (Names optional)
  • First baby/Second etc
If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:
  • Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
  • Scroll down the pages until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
  • Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
  • Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
  • Add yourself to the list then click save
  • And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.
There is also an MSE Facebook group set up by parent /newborn thread regular mirrorimage0 where you can share private chat and photos of your LO's. In order to maintain privacy and protect the LO's, please pm mirrorimage0 or Kandboys to be added to the group

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your new arrivals and stay in touch with your Pregnancy Thread pals!:D
Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)

Comments

• Kira000
    Options
    Freebies!
    Ladies please remember the following rules :)

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

MEDICAL ADVICE

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

CODES/VOUCHERS:

For legal reasons codes are only permitted on the Discount Codes n Vouchers (Online and Offline) Board and must be sourced and indicated who it refers to. If in doubt please read this and this for an explanation. Any posts not meeting these rules will be moved. Do not pm others requesting such codes

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:

Tesco Baby Club - Free Pampers Hamper containing a few wipes, nappy sample, some Olay stuff. You need to buy a pack of Pampers to get it, and it's not stocked in every store so check before you set off.

Boots Parenting Club - Free changing bag when you buy a pack of nappies, I think it's Huggies but it might be Pampers. You need to wait for the voucher to arrive.

Sainsburys Little Ones - Free Mum and Baby bundle with toiletries, to be collected from store.

Emma's Diary - You should get the vouchers in the pack from your midwife but if you don't or you want more freebies you can also register and download them here. 3 bags containing lots of samples and a can of Peartiser.

Cow and Gate - You get a free cuddly cow but you need to find a code, these are normally in Parenting mags so either have a look in the shop or on the Discount Codes board.

Aptamil
    - Free cuddly polar bear.

Those are probably the main ones but have a look around as other places will send out vouchers, nappy samples etc. Also most of these will send you a voucher for money off nappies/wipes so keep an eye out for offers, I got 6 packs of Pampers Sensitive wipes for £1.66 with the £2 off voucher that came in my Bounty pack.

A more comprehensive list of freebies and vouchers is here.

• Kira000
    edited 1 January 2012 at 4:06PM
    Options
    BIRTH LIST

:male: Lynn11 - 4th December 2011 - Ryan Iain -
    :female: mr_knight - 5th December 2011 - details tbc
    :male: MoneySavingMamma - 6th December 2011 - Name Tba -
    :female: Wonder Womble - 7th December 2011 - Katie -
    :female: chucknorris69 - 9th December 2011 - Name Tba -
    :female: Blue Monkey - 11th December 2011 - Betsy -
    :female: yummymummy79 - 13th December 2011 - Eleanor Victoria -
    :male: seafarers_wife - 13th December 2011 - Benjamin -
    :female: Lirin - 19th December 2011 - Rose Lira -
    :male: phoenix dragon - 19th December 2011 - name tba -
    :female: Sammy85 - 22nd December 2011 - Cora Rose -
    :female: Jenjade - 25th December 2011 - Ellie Harrison -
    :male: KimmyMarky - 27th December 2011 - Henry -
    :female: Mimi Arc en ciel - 31st December 2011 - Amy -

This is taken from the last run of the Pregnancy Club Birth List. If anyone wants to be removed from this post, let me know, and i'll edit you off. If you would like to add yourselves, then please copy and paste as usual into a new list!

Enjoy!

• Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    This is a good idea. I miss the chat from my pregnancy thread days. My DD isn't a newborn any more - she's 9.5 months. Oh well, maybe next time lol. All the best with your newborns. Cherish each day (even the sleepless ones!), the time really does fly by x
  • Kira000
    Options
    Sammy_Girl wrote: »
    This is a good idea. I miss the chat from my pregnancy thread days. My DD isn't a newborn any more - she's 9.5 months. Oh well, maybe next time lol. All the best with your newborns. Cherish each day (even the sleepless ones!), the time really does fly by x

Hi Sammy_Girl... well, at 9.5 months, you are still within the year, so please stick around and chat with us, and you can hopefully offer us newbies some good tips and reassurance!

• alison2020
    alison2020 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Kira. The first few months are so challenging, even with a second baby, and it's great to get advise, or just share the experiences with other mums :T
    First Baby born January 2007
    Second Baby born September 2011 :j
  • Kira000
    Options
    Thanks Alison! Its nice to see your name again from the PG thread!
    A few of the ladies had been individually thinking the same thinking about having a thread like this, and when one mentioned it, everyone agreed! been meaning to get it done for a month or so, but thought it would be odd to do it myself too far before my EDD! Now i'm +2 days, seemed like the right time!

I hope everyone will find it useful and fun! I'm certainly looking forward to having somewhere to share!
    Feel free to add yourself and your LO to the list if you want, with whatever info you like!

• Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't wait to be over here too, if I can keep my eyes open long enough to find the laptop :p
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • coops228
    coops228 Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya ladies, like sammy-girl "waves" my ds is 9 months and I have to admit to not having had time to join parenting thread.
    Will try and hang about here though. :)
    :jMini Coops arrived 2011:j
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    My DS is 1 in 13 days.

Am I in or out?? :rotfl:
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • alison2020
    alison2020 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not very good at the technical stuff when I'm on the I-pad. :o

Hopefully the other new mums will join soon. Keep advertising the link on the pregnancy thread :)

Good luck for the next few weeks Kira. Hope you have a nice smooth labour and are on this thread soon as a Mummy :D
    First Baby born January 2007
    Second Baby born September 2011 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family