TYO's 2012 MF House Fund!....

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mornin all!
    Thank god its Friday is all I can say this week! ...:D

In good MF news have some extra interest coming on a couple of savings a/c but then task is to set up new ones as they are all now at 0.1% - rubbish!

2nd task is to check tcb for monies owed and see if they are payable yet- only £12 but every little helps and all that!

Eating out of cupboards/freezer till online shop next week so that should hopefully also keep costs down!

I might have a spring/autumn clean in a few weeks to see if we have anything worth ebaying /selling but I am fairly ruthless and think have cleared us out already! :eek:
    Also some expenses owing from work so £150ish into house fund!

As its almost september I can soon start thinking about the-day-in-december-that-shall-not-be-mentioned! woop!! :j:j:j (mrtyo despairs of me!)
  • MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    She started mentioning the date in december about a month ago. It was in reply to "please can i have a bit of food", the reply was "its not that long till christmas you can wait"

:(
  • coldcazzie
    coldcazzie Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    MrTyo wrote: »
    She started mentioning the date in december about a month ago. It was in reply to "please can i have a bit of food", the reply was "its not that long till christmas you can wait"

:(
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Rule 7: If you're not changing it, you're choosing it.
    MFW 2020: 1 Jan £92903.90 ~ OP £536.80/£500
    MFW 2021: 1 Jan £89281.21 ~ OP £404.62/£500
    MFW 2022: 1 Jan £85579.20 ~ OPs on hold.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mrtyo

That is slander! (or libel!) I cant remember which!!! :rotfl:

This wouldnt be the time to mention trying to cut down the food budget to £150 p/m .... :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Aw bless Mr TYO comforting.gif.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gg dont you start feeling sorry for him - I made him a lovely pack lunch for work and he didnt even take it .... ;)

In other news (so people dont start calling the human equivalent of the RSPCA to save poor mrtyo! :rotfl:) got a letter from bank promising an extra £40 ish interest next month so that shall go into house fund.
    Freezer and cupboards being run down nicely so saving money food shopping!
    We are at over the 10% deposit stage now so doing well! Ideally looking at 65-70% ltv for good deals so a way to go yet!

Not much else to report - recovering from a busy few weeks so think I shall just potter about today possibly contemplating some MSE ideas as I go along!...
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just thought I hadn't read your diary for a while, so a bit of stalking and here I am

Off to catch up :T
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • Evenin all!
    only 10 days till payday! ;)
    *Hoping to be able to put away a fairly big chunk into the MF fund..
    *£11 tcb to claim not through yet so may put into the xmas fund! ;)
    *couple of mystery shops for the next few months booked in
    *trying to use up stuff from the freezer/cupboards and stick to a £400 budget till xmas!

*on the plus side for mrtyo he is being well fed- we are on a bit of a health kick - doing well so far! ;)
  • Hey Radish!
    must have posted at the same time!
    nice to have you stalking! ;) :rotfl:
  • MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Health "kick" being the word you need to focus on. I am being "kicked" into madly running round parks and being tortured with heavy metal objects, but dont worry its free and wont kill me so makes me stronger..........

Hope the rest of you are doing well.

As there is little to no food (for some of us) we are saving quite well atm as well as overpaying mortgage by a reasonable amount each month!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure