TYO's 2012 MF House Fund!....

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey Radish! :)
    Not sure I will have to check with mrtyo (I will feed him first - put him in a good mood! ;) :rotfl:)
    Race sounds fun! ...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 24 November 2012 at 11:51AM
    Options
    Mornin all!
    For any of those waiting with baited breath for an update -mrtyo got fed yesterday! :rotfl:
    havent broached mortgage race challenge yet! ;) gonna try and work out in december how much we have managed to pay off/save in a year I think we will be suitably impressed!!

Managed to list 4 things on amazon which hopefully will sell !
    Had a bit of a declutter so a few things to go off to charity shops later!
    Made use of the last of a few bits in the fridge/cupboards for lunches and dinner so NSD yesterday!
    Off to the inlaws for lunch so should be NSD today too! :)
    Checked tcb - no payout yet but they have a £10 refer a friend so I may see if mrtyo wants to buy anything on there for a free tenner!

No other moneysaving news- am planning a day next week of batch cooking stews and soups and lovely warming things now the weather is getting cold!
  • KolaKube
    KolaKube Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya Deleted_User!

Popping in for a reciprocal hello :) I loveeee making stews etc, hope your batch cooking goes well! xx
    MFW Sept 2013 Starting balance: £101160.59 25 years :eek:
    OPs 2013-2014: £64.33 :o MFW #78
  • MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2012 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Radish im very disappointed in you in setting a bad example to others.

Its the taking part that counts not the winning! (i am not saying this out of knowing how much you have already paid off this year compared to me, and knowing i would lose, clearly!)

That being said.... This exact date last year mortgage on flat was £108,831.37

A year on and we are now on £102,579.22.

That is with overpaying around £450 permonth. Not as good as yours but still at least its an extra £5400 off it than it would be! Plus i have a bit xtra saving as a buffer so alot better position that a year ago!

Looking at your signature the only thing i may win on before you is fitting into a size 12 pair of jeans.... we could have 2 races or call it a draw :) (TYO's jeans not mine :P)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I come here for a monday morning pick me up before going to work in the (almost) dark - and here , mrtyo, you and Radish are fighting over my jeans!!! :rotfl:

Radish - looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down for a race of sorts!! (Im still trying to do the lose 10lb challenge that Ive been trying for around a year now! ;))

Done a mystery shop so should get £65ish for that next week
    NSD saturday and yesterday hoping to make it 3 in a row!
    As mrtyo has done some adding I will continue it:

Looking at our savings balance (incl emergency fund) last december compared to today we have saved £10,872.14 , PLUS £6252.15 paid off the mortgage so £17,124 .29 between us :T
    Not bad for 10 months worth of work considering in this time we have not missed out on holidays, takeaways etc.. (mrtyo will probably come back and tell you all he has missed out on food for the last 10 months but its all lies!!! :rotfl:)

And still 2 more paydays (3 for mrtyo) till xmas!! woop! :beer:
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should be glad MrTYO wants to get your jeans of you ;)

If the race was to gain 10lb then I have won, think I should change my signature to Size 20 jeans here I come (that would be a fun challenge)

£17K is an amazing amount, are you tempted to try and reach £20K by the end of the year (you do have 5 pay packets)

There will be no more large OP's added to my signature, athough the bathroom money has been put on 0% finance for 30 months, so possible pay that money of the mortgage and then take payments from wages
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2012 at 12:33PM
    Options
    Hey Radish
    Ah you know me so well - I did in fact add up how much we would need to save/pay off to reach 20k and it is my *shhh* secret target to do it! (not very secret now! :rotfl:)

Total to pay is: £2875.71

Total so far : £7.21 from amazon sale!

*shall save a gap for further updates* !

no gaining weight races pls I am still trying to lose the last 10lb !!!(starting again today of course! ;)) leading up to xmas probably isnt the best time to start as there are chocolates and all kinds of yummy things everywhere! doh!
  • Mornin all!
    Had to hunt for where my diary had got to!
    Pootling along with money making, food budget is going well (if slightly over) doing it over several months has seemed to have work quite well!

Another amazon sale this week and money in from a MS - still waiting £30 ish cashback too!

No other moneymaking schemes other than trying to make it to xmas without going crazy spending! :rotfl: May have to do a present sort later on to see what is left to buy.....
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2012 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Hi TYO, have now caught up with your diary and news you are going great guns. \I am back, 3 mortgages now so I need to keep posting!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey toots - lovely to see you :)
    wow 3 mortgages!! :eek::eek: good luck with them!

Lots of batch cooking done today , couple of coupons used for shopping! and started to think about pressies for xmas! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure