TYO's 2012 MF House Fund!....

Options

Comments

• 17 working days then nothing till 2nd of January... and none of it counts as my 30 days annual holiday entitlement! Although I sometimes wish they'd just pay me more instead of giving me so much holiday!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    /scuttles out from cupboard to gather cake crumbs on floor.

Also doing the maths doubts the mortgage will be under 100k this year. But thinking about this year further to last post, aswell as overpaying i have bought a newish car this year and done up flat (well work in progress) so still think we have done well this year (plus TYO puts money aside for our new house fund i overpay my mortgage that way all capital isnt in a 1 bed flat!)

/scuttles back to his cupboard to eat the crumbs
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw poor mrtyo ... ;)

I can assure you he has been fed properly and does not live in a cupboard!! :rotfl:

I do think we have done pretty well this year with other expenses and come December payday will sit there racking my maths brains to try and work out how much we have saved... reckon we may be able to almost hit the £20K target- woop!!:D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ps I checked the label of the jeans and they ARE a size 10 !!! hurrah!!

(Edit: I can technically do them up just cant quite sit down or breathe in them but that still counts right??? :rotfl: :rotfl:)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning - size 10 :j:j. Who needs to sit down, eat or drink, just strut around knowing they are a 10 - woo hoo :T:T

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 8 September 2023 at 3:57PM
    Options
    Aw poor mrtyo ... ;)

I can assure you he has been fed properly and does not live in a cupboard!! :rotfl:

All posts saved as evidence when this hits the press :D.

Size 10? What is this strange concept? (Maybe after I've been dead a few weeks........ :o). Well done, I'm with Tilly on this one. Eating? Drinking? Who cares :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Tilly and GG
    Feels like a big achievement - I had to try them on again this morning to double check they fitted and its true!! :j:j

Will have to stick to being healthy and a lot more of this :j:j and less of this :beer::beer: as I want to wear them at xmas and be able to eat and drink and sit down!!! :D:D

So am hoping to have a new wardrobe of all the clothes that used to fit me come 2013!! estimate that will save £200ish on clothes shopping!

*In other moneysaving news £30.30 tracked in tcb so just waiting for it to become payable.

*£250 expenses claimed all of which will be paid by :xmastree:

*Eating out of freezer/cupboards all week and for most of the weekend- big batch of soup made today enough to last till monday plus a portion for the freezer, packed lunches all next week, plus dinner from freezer/cupboards too - also gonna give sushi-making a go tomorrow, shall report back! :eek:

*resisted £5 off £40 supermarket delivery as even with cheapest slot would only have saved £2 - figured it wasnt worth it as nothing really needed!and £5 0ff £35 voucher too as forgot to buy the mirror with the aldi voucher!

to sum up!
    £275 saved by clothes shopping from wardrobe and avoiding supermarket!:p

£285.30 to come via tcb and expenses ;)

total saved/incoming £560.3 :D :beer:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 8 September 2023 at 3:57PM
    Options
    gonna give sushi-making a go tomorrow, shall report back! :eek:

Raw fish? That's what fire was invented for :cool:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Hey gg
    nope probably a veggie version no raw fish .... at a push might add some smoked salmon or tinned tuna! ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank God Its Friday is all I can say.....:T:beer::T
    Its been a long week with quite a few nights working late and lots to fit in!!

(*managed to fit in a few social engagements and a date with mrtyo so not all hard work!! :p)

In moneysaving news:
    *still eating mostly out of cupboard/freezer- definitely enough to last us till xmas. Did spent about £25 on takeaways this week but out of fun money .. still will do a few hail :money:as pennance!!

*£30 to track from tcb is now showing as confirmed - just need to keep checking when it can be paid!!

* All :xmastree: presents bought so now can factor out any more xmas spending!! Am planning on wrapping them with a glass of mulled wine whilst putting the decorations up - hows that for multi-tasking! :D

*waiting for some work expenses to track which will cancel out eating out this week!

*have de-cluttered lots of chocolates and cakes floating around at various "do's" this week .... must put a stop to that or my new found smaller clothes will be banished to the depths of the wardrobe again! :eek:

Not moneysaving, but looking forward to a relaxing weekend of doing not very much at all!! lunch out with some friends , but apart from that shall be chilling out and catching up in time for all the :xmastree: festivities over the next couple of weeks!

have a good day all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family