• nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Whatcha doing at Uni TYO?
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • Hey Natty
    Its an extension of a professional course so lucky for me only "little" uni fees rather than the £9k ish undergrads have to pay!!

Will be coming to you for advice on writing essays!! especially now the pimms weather has gone, will need to find something different to distract myself with! perhaps :xmastree:

In moneysaving news.....
    *£31.50 from tcb payable and claimed!
    *Had a very MSE dinner with a friend last night where we resisted takeaway and went to the shop instead! :A £7ish max to feed us both rather than at least £15 each if we had gone out/got takeaway!
    *Got some free foraged/v cheap fruit and veg this week so currently summoning up the energy to chop it up and make into soup/stew etc.. its a good day for it , rainy and grey and horrible weather outside- definitely a staying indoors day!;) Will also help with meal planning , this months spends are up to £117 but we have LOADS in so will meal plan to try and balance out costs for the next few weeks!
    *put an extra blanket on last night - almost tempted to put the heating on but feels wrong in September!! :eek:
    *have switched from an old bank account to a new one for a promised £100 bonus- not convinced it'll pay off but happy to be proved wrong on this one!

That's about it - this afternoon will mainly be split between cooking soups (and perhaps a cake or two if I have all the ingredients in!) and hunting through my pressie box for a few birthdays coming up!

Tilly and the xmas gang, is it too early to start planning for :xmastree: ?........
  • MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    please tell her its too early, the sound of christmas carols through the door depresses me...it reminds me of all the mince pies im not allowed to eat :(
  • KolaKube
    Options
    It's never too early to start planning xmas!! :D Hi btw :santa2:
    MFW Sept 2013 Starting balance: £101160.59 25 years :eek:
    OPs 2013-2014: £64.33 :o MFW #78
  • Hehe Kola Kube love the santa smiley!! :rotfl:

Aw Mrtyo poor old you - I promise I will let you eat a mince pie or two as the festive season approaches!! ;)

Hope all are well, shall update moneysaving efforts on here over the next few days! Just waiting till payday next week at the minute!! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Long time no update!! Morning all :wave:

Have been plodding along for the last month doing okay - £100 bagged for switching current accounts again, £20 for some mystery shopping - not bad for almost "free" money!

Need to look into some good interest-paying savings accounts as the fixed rates on ours have run out so now down to 0.1% or something equally bad! So that's on my to do list at some point!

Trying to survive with minimal heating but the weather is so horrible today it has gone on for a bit this morning! Definitely a stay-indoors-watching-tv kind of a day! I'm even gonna cook a roast for Mrtyo! :D

Almost time to start thinking about xmas shopping soon! :xmastree::rudolf::xmassmile:santa2:
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Crikey TYO, you're letting him out :eek:

Loving the :santa2::xmassmile:xmassign::snow_laug:snow_grin smilies - good luck with the shopping.

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Tilly
    Thanks for the replies and glad I have a fellow :xmassign: fan :rotfl:
    Yes I am very nice and do let MrTyo out every so often ;)

Plodding along till payday here still trying to add bits n bobs to the house and other funds where possible - its been a mentally busy few weeks with lots of evening/late commitments so looking forward to a bit of a break from that next week!

Will update house fund added once payday has been! only 2 days left woooo ;)

Hope all are well xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport