TYO's 2012 MF House Fund!....

Options

Comments

• nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    edited 8 September 2023 at 3:57PM
    Options
    Aw MrTyo :rotfl:
    Tell you what I will make you a survival pack for the winter eh? you can have value baked beans and pot noodles and I'll even throw in a blanket!

Don't you be spoiling him now :p
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nattypants wrote: »
    Don't you be spoiling him now :p

Surely he can make a blanket out of the pot noodle lids :)
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Good idea Radish!!
    Np don't worry I will avoid spoiling him - though he has been working very hard, which will pay for our next DIY stint!!:D I will help tho - Im really good at DIY -honest!!:p:p...
    Just off to check bank balance should be able to transfer around £200 into House fund today! :T
  • nattypants
    Options
    £200 is brilliant TYO :T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks NP! Was only £177 as a forgotten about DD came out - I shall have to make up the gap with my new interior-design-and-fake-pimms business! ;)
  • nattypants
    Options
    Our new interior-design-and-fake-pimms business ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning All
    Inspired by Lois-E I thought I'd[STRIKE] bore [/STRIKE]inspire you all with my MF tactics to keep me on track as Im feeling very tempted to go shopping this morning- clothes, housey trinket-y stuff , its all whirring round my brain with the possibilities!! However I have so much of both of the above I do NOT need anymore....

So - our MF tactics in Tyo- Household are as follows!:

The Big
    1. Making sure all our savings and mortgage rates are as high (savings) and low(mortgage) as possible - to this end we have just finished a year of 2 x 8% FD savers and started another 2 x 6% ones!
    2. Transferring savings/OPs to deposit fund/mortgage on payday after all other bills/expenses accounted for - this means less to spendy-spend by "accident" throughout the month (not something I always manage...:p)
    3. Making sure we have the best deals/rates for house insurance, bank accounts (anything with free money is a bonus- again probably made about £250 from just switching banks!)
    4. [STRIKE]Sending MrTyo off to work overtime :D:p[/STRIKE] Aw Im so mean aren't I? Nope he does work very very hard but hopefully knows he doesn't have to but he has been putting in brilliant overtime the last few months! :T:T
    The Not-So-Big
    1. Selling what is sell-able on amazon/car boots/etc.. Not done a car boot for a while, but think over the last 3 years of being at this have made possibly £300 via amazon sales so not all bad!
    2. Making sure food shopping is the best value - again this is a not-all-the-time-but-most-of-the-time thing. I do find L*dl and Ald* great value and try to shop there when possible, but time permitting if I do go to one of the "big" supermakets we try and buy value/ not get caught up in deals that aren't really deals when possible. Probably not huge amounts spent on alcohol (fake pimms isn't that expensive! :D)
    3. Meal planning/using up what we have in.
    4. Shopping in the sales for xmas/birthdays - can get some great bargains this way - same quality stuff for a fraction of the price!
    5. Using sites like quidco and topcashback when buying things - again have probably made a couple of hundred quid through these.
    The Tiny-and-perhaps-not-all-that-worth-it
    1. Couponing and Freebies - I do like a good freebie and money off , but I have been known to drag poor old MrTyo out to the shops or round town just for the sake of a "freebie"/coupon which in reality may not have been worth the time/effort for a 5op or £1 saving! Other times though we have done pretty well from these things and managed to pick up free cake/chocolate on occasion so it all balances out! :p
    2. Trying to set up interior design/fake pimms businesses with Nattyp ..... I have to be honest I have tried the flicking through house magazines while drinking fake pimms for 2 evenings now and I'm not sure its the moneymaking scheme I thought it would be!...:eek::eek:
    lets see if I can manage the day staying out of the shops eh!:rotfl:
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh - I've inspired somebody. :o
    Am v chuffed. Thanks TYO. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • nattypants
    edited 8 September 2023 at 3:57PM
    Options
    [*]Trying to set up interior design/fake pimms businesses with Nattyp ..... I have to be honest I have tried the flicking through house magazines while drinking fake pimms for 2 evenings now and I'm not sure its the moneymaking scheme I thought it would be!...:eek::eek:
    [/LIST]lets see if I can manage the day staying out of the shops eh!:rotfl:

Dontcha worry....it will be like 'Field of Dreams' - we will read our magazines and drink our fake pimms and money will come pouring in. This business idea cannot fail, and tbh I think we should pitch it on Dragon's Den :D

PS the rest of your list is good also.
  • nattypants
    Options
    Lois_E wrote: »
    Oooh - I've inspired somebody. :o
    Am v chuffed. Thanks TYO. :)

And me, and me!!! I will post my 'inspired by Lois' on my own diary though ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills