TYO's 2012 MF House Fund!....

Options

Comments

• MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, just thought i would post to wish you all well as i needed a break from trying to pick the 10 lever combination lock on the fridge. (has taken me since the last post to pick the lock on my cupboard, kinda hard from the inside :( )

The last couple of months has been a bit pricey with fixing cars etc, however after payday we should be roughly back on track and in the black (when i say that we still have a healthy house deposit, however the flat OP have slackened somewhat whilst car repairs went on, oh and new bathroom tiles suite etc, just bath to buy! and then fit :( )

Somebodies (name similar to mine) birthday recently meant i managed to scavenge a lot of food from what they and their friends dropped, so i have actually managed to put on a bit of weight from classic/retro sweets :)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    MrTyo wrote: »
    Hi all, just thought i would post to wish you all well as i needed a break from trying to pick the 10 lever combination lock on the fridge. (has taken me since the last post to pick the lock on my cupboard, kinda hard from the inside :( )

The last couple of months has been a bit pricey with fixing cars etc, however after payday we should be roughly back on track and in the black (when i say that we still have a healthy house deposit, however the flat OP have slackened somewhat whilst car repairs went on, oh and new bathroom tiles suite etc, just bath to buy! and then fit :( )

Somebodies (name similar to mine) birthday recently meant i managed to scavenge a lot of food from what they and their friends dropped, so i have actually managed to put on a bit of weight from classic/retro sweets :)

You poor soul :(. Never mind, you'll have to get let out to fit the new bathroom :D.

Pop round here anytime, I'm always dropping crumbs :).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well hello Mrtyo! ;)
    Gg he is fine in fact he has had the house and fridge all to himself for the last two days !! Gotta keep his strength up if I want him doing DIY ;)

Moneywise doing okay fd saver matured so have opened up a new one plus interest and funds from old one into the house fund and apart from fruit and a coffee have had 3 nsds! Quite good going for me !
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all!!
    Have been awake since before 9am which is pretty good going for a sunday (plus (*shhhhh*) had 2 glasses of vino last night so surprised I don't have a sore head! :rotfl:)

So I was very :A and did some money thinking and shuffling and life now stands as follows!!:

*FD regular saver opened for the next year paying 6% (so around £95 to come next May)

*Meal plan done - or just counted the amount of meals we can make from what we have in and estimate breakfast/lunches/dinners/healthy snacks (note the "healthy" pls :A:D) to do us at least a month by my reckonings!! with only minimal top ups for milk/fruit/salad as needed! Off to somewhere with a good fruit n veg market this week so shall stock up on bits whilst Im there as much cheaper than supermarkets for good quality! still trying to stick to budget but if we go over whilst eating healthily ok with that!

*figured out my salary seems to have gone up by the princely sum of £26.40 per month- so thatll go straight into savings! (not sure why its gone up poss due to new tax code/new financial year?..)

*SOA re-done and a couple of d/ds to cancel /amend - by my reckonings should be able to save £720 p/m so this time next year shall have £8640 extra plus £3700 ish from FD saver plus any interest on house deposit fund! so £12340 plus interest in a year! :T:T:T Mrtyo also has a FD account so between us we are doing even better than this :A:A

*Need to investigate cash ISA for this year and see if any are paying more than the savings a/c the money is in at the minute 2.8% - if not am contemplating just leaving it all in there as the interest /tax saved might be negligible (shall have to figure out how to do the sums!)

* Have a pile of clothes for charity shop, plus 2 jumpers which I have been meaning to fix/sow up since last summer ready to wear this summer!! have been procrastinating there but as the sun is shining now had better get a move on!

That's about all - but not too bad going before 10.30am on a sunday - going to have another cup of tea to reward myself I think , then wake Mrtyo with a cuppa and some breakfast (for anyone who believes the vicious rumours :( about me not feeding him ).
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Very impressive indeed tyo. That's an incredible amount to save in a year:T:T:T
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks np
    Im a bit of a perfectionist so tend to be quite hard on myself and think I should be doing better- but if it gets the seal of approval from you it must be okay! ;) :rotfl:

Just been pottering about today then out for dinner later , made some cakes (which were scrummy!) yesterday and haven't eaten the lot in one go plus all meals from freezer/leftovers and enough to last till tomorrow as well so not too shabby!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all!!
    So glad its the weekend!! :)
    Has been a bit of a mixed moneysaving week with a couple of unnecessary and expensive spends on my part- but hoping to make up for it asap!! ;)

Have eaten from cupboards/freezer all week and taken leftovers for lunches etc.. so been fairly frugal with food so far and planning on the same happening next week.

Should have around £500 to come in the next few weeks for stuff Ive bought/done for work! So all that can go straight into house fund!

Also bought some DIY stuff for the house using a voucher Ive had for almost a year (about to run out!) and the shrapnel in my purse- total money spent £1.46 ;)

Have listed a couple of dvds/books on amazon and made sure they are cheapest listing so fingers crossed they will sell!

Estimate the next few weeks to be fairly cheapish - nothing expensive on the horizon as far as I can tell!... famous last words... ;)
    Am thinking actually it might be clubcard voucher time soon - anyone know? ...every little helps and all that!

Have a lovely weekend everyone , off to visit friends in a bit have a bottle of wine, sweets for the car so only petrol needed so looking forward to it ! :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Phew - weekend again!! ;)
    Just pottering along moneywise altho added another £220 to the house fund pot this week!!
    Made £15 off amazon sales!
    Ordered the heat mag on GGs thread but forgot to go through tcb - doh!! so £6 of mags but free gift so I spose it all equals out in the end! :rotfl:

Need to do a food shop today but will try and keep as frugal as possible , and gonna book holiday soon!! Was looking online last night to work out the best deals but got a bit tired of the maths so that might be todays job! :rotfl:

Have a good weekend all x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all and happy bank holiday weekend!! :beer:

Here's hoping the sun comes out for at least some of it tho!! ;)

House fund looking good just calculated it is sitting at 68% of the way towards the total goal! :D that's not including emergency savings or Mrtyo's FD which is due to mature soon!

Its a nice round number too which makes it easier to remember now my brain is getting old! :p

Not much other moneysaving to report- have had some amazon successes over the past few weeks and just received a mag subscription gift in the post that I will contemplate selling on ebay ... still seems a bit beyond me for some reason, Ive been saying I'll sell things on ebay for several years now!!

It's almost my MF - 3 year birthday so I shall try to have a figure out how much we've managed to save in that time, but it might make my head explode!:eek:

Still trying to eat out of freezer/cupboards when possible - took bread out this morning to defrost and soup for lunch tomorrow, have Mrtyo's dinner all ready for work (for anyone still believing those lies about not feeding him, I am an :A honest guv) and might make a chow mein of some kind with stuff from freezer and a tin of sweetcorn if I can hunt some down! Trying to not buy unnecessary things and don't think I have spent any extra money in supermarket on lunch stuff this week actually- mainly as Ive been crazy busy, but any reason is fine really! :T

Need to have a clothes/wardrobe sort out soon as I have got into a habit of wearing the same things that are easy to grab first - might do it later while Mrtyo is at work so I can fling everything on the bed ....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Quick sunday update , I am just taking a break from some DIY - not as easy as it looks on tv I tell ya! ;)

Sold a CD on amazon for a grand profit of £8 , have decluttered a few clothes to charity shop so feeling quite productive!!

On the less MSE side haven't been doing that well with the eating out of what we have in the cupboards/freezer challenge and been a bit wasteful with food and spending quite a bit on eating out/takeaways!! Having a dinner out of the fridge tonight and tomorrow to make up for it! and will say some hail :money:in penance!

Have 2 magazine "free gifts" to go onto ebay at some point hoping to be able to throw a few more pennies in the house fund direction!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure