TYO's 2012 MF House Fund!....

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all and happy Friday!! ;)
    Am so glad its the weekend its been a busy old week!!

In Money news
    *£42.89 tillytidied into the house fund!
    *Have eaten out of freezer/cupboards for the last week - have had to be a bit inventive at times but manage to cook fajitas with all the bits n bobs last night and enough for leftovers tonight!
    *Expenses claim to process this week so will break even on what I'm owed!
    *Holiday paid for!! :) not close enough to count sleeps yet tho!
    *Planning on going round the house this weekend to see if there is anything I can ebay for those extra pennies!

Have a good Friday all - hope the sun is shining where you are :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all!
    What a lovely sunny weekend we have had - until this morning where it is decidedly un-sunny outside!!

Have been doing some plotting on the moneysaving front and decided I need to get organised! Tight couple of weeks till payday with a few bits I am gonna see if I can stretch out paying for until payday! ;) ......
    But - payday in 2 weeks and as of then my plans are as follows!:
    * Savings into house fund should be around £731 per month (plus an extra £600 between us into FD accounts!)
    *Life ins at the lowest possible amount
    *union subscription has gone up but non-negotiable
    *One direct debit to charity still set up - partly cancels out Halifax £5 reward so I can get it but that's okay!
    *Need to keep phone bill down - its on a £10 p/m sim only plan but often spend neared £20ish p/m , need to figure out whats pushing it up so much or if changing plans would save £££
    *continue using tcb, amazon/ebay/carboot to buy things and/or declutter!! At the minute I have one credit from tcb but nothing selling anywhere else so will see if I can rectify that one!
    * My other plan is to tackle food spends and take cash out for the next 2 months to see if by spending this way it stops "mindless" spending! and also whether we can manage shopping exclusively from L*dl/Ald* as they are so much cheaper than the other supermarkets! (shopped in M&S for a few bits last night and probably could have bought a months worth shopping for that!! it is yummy though!)

Any other bright ideas Ive forgotten MF chums please fire in my direction! :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening all!
    Bits n bobs of moneysaving going on here...
    Had a cheapish weekend this weekend and thinking of ways to save money further.
    Currently have a huge £2.62 sitting in tcb waiting for it to become payable ;)
    Payday soon so almost £750 to go into the house fund then!
    Meal planned for the next couple of weeks so hoping minimal spends!

Worked out the other day mortgage-savings balance (including emergency fund and ISAs we cant touch!) and if we OP'd what we are saving now our MF date would be in about 2 years!! ;)

Exciting thought! :rotfl:
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Evening TYO - super organised as usual I see;)

I have started doing the RM surveys and already have....(goes off to check)....12 X large 1st class stamps and 36 X ordinary 1st class stamps. The intention is to use on ebayed items to generate pure profit. May be worthwhile for you to join also seeing as you're looking for further MSE suggestions?

PS tell MrTYO that I'm asking after him, and hope the dungeon/chains are a bit warmer this time of year:D
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    The chains are still cold, it doesn't get much sunlight down here, although air is getting stuffier _pale_

I get let out to work so as to not draw attention to TYO, and she has made me work hard, so much so i got home today and in my numerous savings browsing i relented to replying to a rant post instead of ignoring it, i don't know whats happening to me!

Have just got paid and managed to get a bit of overtime and mileage so this should bump the emergency fund back up after the work on our cars etc, and hopefully go a bit towards the OP.

Hope you are all well and your surveys and ebaying goes well!If you can do all the hard work and figure out what the best tips are and let TYO know that would be great!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well hello MrTyo
    So that's what you were busy typing away at?? ;)
    You have worked very hard lately well done (I have fed him well too don't worry people!!)

House savings looking good as well as MrTyo's hard work - next month should hit the next 1K up of our goal!

Still not got around to ebaying :( or surveying :( and wasted an hour cooking the other day to use up "almost-out-of-date-stuff" which ended up needing to go in the bin anyway!! However have just sold a book on amazon - so swings and roundabouts I spose!

Have managed to gain a few pounds of the non-money variety which I could do with shifting so need to get on with that over the next few weeks as want to feel good in time for the summer hols especially if weather continues to be as nice as it is today!
    Natty thanks for your concern over MrTyos welfare :D and will look into the RM surveys as they could be a good plan!
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    wow your savings are going well. I am hoping in a few years when MF that should be able to save about £10k a year for 5 years and then have the money plus house sale to buy a house near the coast (my dream that wont happen :o) I am sure there will be other things that get in the way though but you are doing really well. How long will you save until you buy? How much of a deposit are you aiming for?
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    Fabulous plan PammyJ:T

I would like to invent a time machine and return to my 20's and 30's self and amend my poor financial decision making:cool: instead however my 40 year old self is suffering from the hangover;)
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • MrTyo
    MrTyo Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    i am sure you will get your house on the coast at the rate you are going pammy.

We currently live in my flat (well she does i have the cupboard now :( ) having sold TYO's flat about 12-15 months ago now?

She is saving monthly towards a house deposit and i am OP my mortgage. Whilst we could pay loads off the mortgage with the deposit money i would rather not tie up too much cash in this flat as we are looking to move eventually once we finish doing this up and live in it a bit, i would rather be able to go to a mortgage adviser and say we definately have this deposit what will you give us :)

Also if prices suddenly tanked i didnt want all our cash in this little flat!

Unfortunately where we live is quite pricey, moving closer to TYO's work wouldnt be that much cheaper, likewise moving towards mine could be in some places, however would then pay more in fuel, travel time and stress etc. Our next mortgage will be on a house rather than a flat, gulp! Its weird but i never worried much about stuff like this before i got into the whole MSE thing and now i think, eerrrr thats a lot of money to borrow for some bricks!! :)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    MrTyo wrote: »
    Its weird but i never worried much about stuff like this before i got into the whole MSE thing and now i think, eerrrr thats a lot of money to borrow for some bricks!! :)
    But hopefully with a better class of cupboard :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure