Charge for copies of my bank statements

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why do you want five years of statements? £10 won't retrieve all those statements.
    Historical bank charges are not refunded since the Banks won their court case in 2009.
    It sounds like you will be wasting money...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    niunian wrote: »
    Hello
    I'm going to send to Danske Bank Data Protection Request, because I need 5 years stetments.
    I want to send them £10, but I don't have cheque book so I want to send postal order and here is a question what should I write on it? Does "Danske Bank" as a recipient is ok?

As above, if you want statements for a bank charges complaint, don't waste your money

a) The banks won't refund old charges, only ones related to CURRENT hardship
    b) If they are going to do it they will have the statements anyway so you having a copy is pointless

If you need them for some other reason, yes a cheque or postal order is fine, go on their website and look for the DSAR section or just ring them and ask who it would be payable to, much easier than posting on a forum and hoping someone knows :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    go on their website and look for the DSAR section
    A Subject Access Request (SAR) does indeed cost £10, but it won't contain actual statements...

Copy statements are charged for individually, so 60 at £3 each (which is what was charged in 2007 when this thread was started) would be £180!!!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 November 2016 at 2:00PM
    Options
    A Subject Access Request (SAR) does indeed cost £10, but it won't contain actual statements...

Copy statements are charged for individually, so 60 at £3 each (which is what was charged in 2007 when this thread was started) would be £180!!!

The DSAR is a copy of everything they hold on you, it should include a record of all transactions (not necessarily in an easy to read format like the statements would be). There are some people on here who have done the DSAR and received a box full of paper detailing every statement, transaction, phone call etc etc

The ICO makes it clear you can request statements as part of that

2) Write to the organisation When requesting your personal information from an organisation, you should include the following information:
    • your full name, address and contact telephone number;
    • any information used by the organisation to identify or distinguish you from others of the same name (account numbers, unique ID's etc);
    • details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates, for example:
      - your personnel file;
      - emails between ‘A’ and ‘B’ (between 1/6/11 and 1/9/11);
      - your medical records (between 2006 & 2009) held by Dr ‘C’ at ‘D’ hospital;
      - CCTV camera situated at (‘E’ location) on 23/5/12 between 11am and 5pm;
      - copies of statements (between 2006 & 2009) held in account number xxxxx .

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/

Edit

See link below, person did a DSAR to Lloyds ad they sent 50 pages of the current account statement

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3189080
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 June 2017 at 3:55PM
    Options
    I rang up HSBC last Saturday to order statements for closed current account 2004-2015 & cash ISA 2010-2017 she told me there was a charge I gave her details of an account I wanted charged.

She ordered them for me 2007-2015 Rung again on monday told there is no fee & should take 5 days to get to me. they came Tuesday (Very quick) in 2 A4 envelops (Was all battered & tear marks on the side weren't sent securely
    Enveloped) but where only online printouts 2005-2015

I rung again & went to branch & complained about what I revived they have now sent me official duplicate statements for Cash ISA & current account will ring tomz to order the rest (can only order 50 per day)

Might get 2 sets who knows. If they don't budge complain to the bank etc
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GTR_King wrote: »
    I rang up HSBC last Saturday to order statements for closed current account 2004-2015 & cash ISA 2010-2017 she told me there was a charge I gave her details of an account I wanted charged.
    Just for perspective, here's a link to why you actually wanted "neat" copies of your expenditure;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5659607
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport