We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Muchin's diary of recover; becoming debt free and being happy

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

I just had the most delicious vegetarian lasagne for tea - courtesy of Mum Munchin. I kind of thought it would be a pile of vegetables in tomato sauce but the sauce was made with a lentil base. My sister & I both said that we preferred it to meat lasagne:) - delicious. My "Girl called Jack" booked turned up & after a quick flick my sister is either going to order her own copy or attempt to steal mine:).

I only spent £2 today on the tea club as nephew no 2 is poorly - so I saved £5:).

£5 a week challenge

Mon - +£5 /.............£0 spends
    Tues - +£10 /..........£0 spends
    Wed - +£15/...........£2 spends (tea club)
    Thurs +£18/............£?

I'm at a meeting tomorrow and will have lunch there with work colleagues. The good news is that I can claim it back so not counting that as spends. I think I can keep my Thurs £5 intact:)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

This £5 a day thing is addictive - I really wanted a bar of chocolate but I resisted as I don't want to fritter my £5. I did buy lunch at £2.73 but I will claim that back so another NSD - woo hoo.

I want to join a gym which does Cross fit - I can't start until I've done a course in it and they don't have any spaces until the end of the month. I'm secretly pleased as that saves me money this month.

I think the £5 will be gone tomorrow as OH & I usually have a take away but at least I will save money as I'm of alcohol for lent. I tried non alcoholic wine once but it was far too sweet. I wouldn't usually drink beer so not going to bother switching to non alcoholic.

£5 a week challenge

Thurs +£18/............£0:)
    Fri - +£23/............£?

I'm of to Dublin on Sat and I have the euros already sorted to pay for the course. I have also found 6 euros which will cover the toll booth. I'm going to see if OH has any change hidden in drawers just in case.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi again

I'm just putting a mini budget down here for the month.

Budget March

Diesel................£119/£220
    Bank ...............£xx.xx/£230
    Purse ................£23.29

Total - .............£142.29/£473.29
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Munchin - have you wrestled your 'Jack' cookery book back off your sis yet? :rotfl:

I applaud :T your determination versus choc bar and breaking into a fiver :D

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping January - May £90/£90

Grocery spend May £203.56/250
    Non-food household spend June £/40
    Bulk Fund June 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 3/24 (inc. Blankets 3/6)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning all

Greying - I've found hiding "Jack" is the way to go :). Sisters never change we all [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] borrow from each other no matter what age - it is the returning the item that we seem to have a problem with :rotfl:. I also saw your cereal bar thing on Cheery's thread - if the running course goes well tomorrow I could be back plodding in no time.

A wee update on the eating front - I've been reading about an ex ED person - Nina V. I've adopted some of her ideas and all seems to be going well. I would like to say really quietly so that I don't jinx myself........ my bingeing has stopped:D:D:D. I don't plan my meals, when I finish eating I move on and try not to think about it. I don't weigh myself and at the moment my weight isn't fluctuating (basing this on my clothes). I'm pretty sure I haven't lost weight but I think I look better. I haven't exercised much in the last while due to injuries etc but I think I also needed a break from all that as well. I am going to get back into exercise as I love running and exercise makes me feel good but this break is probably what I needed.

Money front - so don't want to touch my £5 today but I will compromise in that if I spend money I'm not going to think "sod it - I've spent so I may as well go mad:o".

I will let you know how I get on in Dublin......... & INOD - will start the research on the difference between Northern & Southern dairymilk. It is an experiment not something I will enjoy.....:rotfl:.

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Munchin wrote: »
    It is an experiment not something I will enjoy.....:rotfl:.

The things we do for science... :D
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Can't wait for the feedback.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone:)

I'm just doing a quick update before I jump in the shower and hit the road.

I'm not quite sure how to work the £5 challenge yesterday as I spent more - £19.09:o but it is all good - £8 in Mr T which covered some groceries & wine, chocs + card for my sister in laws b'day this week. I used Mr T vouchers which is why it only came to £8. I wasn't going to count any big grocery shops in this challenge but I will include this £8. I spent £5.19 on alcohol for OH - I dont' know if I will get this back so will have to include it and finally £5.90 on a chinese with OH. I don't think I will see any money from him so I will count the £19.09 as my spends.

£5 a week challenge

Fri - +£23/..............£19.09 spends
    Sat + £8.91...............£

Ok I have my mini rucksack packed with extra clothes and snacks. I just to stop over the border for diesel and dairymilk:D

• Munchin
    edited 9 March 2014 at 8:29AM
    Options
    Hi all:)

I'm back...anyone like some Dairymilk?? I bought 2 bars as it will take more than one to make a decision on the quality:o.

Running course was fantastic - it was held in a lovely hotel just outside Dublin and was very swish. There was about 10 of us and probably only 3 out of the group didn't have injuries. We were joking that maybe we should have all just turned up at A&E:D. At the start we were each individually recorded running but we were not shown that until the afternoon. In the morning time we did various drills in engaging our core and getting our balance. We then went out for a run with the instructor watching us and shouting instructions.

Lunch was gorgeous and then we were shown our videos:o. I hate seeing myself at the best of times but I had to ignore that and see what I was doing wrong. I never knew that I didn't move my right arm when I run!!!. It stays clamped to my side while the left arm is doing all the work. I also don't engage my core and probably have a tendency to put on the breaks when I run.

Hopefully with practice I can develop this new running style or at least tell my right arm to get involved.

I stopped at the services and filled up my car - their diesel works out at £121.5 while in the north it is 136.5 = saving 15p per litre (I would say that was all tax). I spent 51 euros on diesel and 3.85 euros on chocolate and water.

I spent 3.80 on the toll both but I had 6 euros loose change so not putting that to the £5 challenge.

£5 a week challenge

Fri - +£23/..............£19.09 spends
    Sat + £8.91.............£3.19 spends

Sun - £10.72.............£

I would like to do a mini shop today to see me through the week but I'm going to try and keep it under £10.72. I could leave it until tomorrow but my challenge starts fresh and I don't want to muck it up.

So in short - lovely day and I got to run:D
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    How did you not crack open the chocolate on the drive home?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport